It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comprehensive Guide to the History of Earth's Temperature and CO2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
AGW is a hoax. An absolute sham. What force is driving this farce is still open to interpretation, but that's not what this thread is about. I'm just posting this thread so that people know what the actual data is concerning this subject.

Carbon follows temperature in the Vostok Ice Cores

In the 1990’s the classic Vostok ice core graph showed temperature and carbon in lock step moving at the same time. It made sense to worry that carbon dioxide did influence temperature. But by 2003 new data came in and it was clear that carbon lagged behind temperature. The link was back to front. Temperatures appear to control carbon, and while it’s possible that carbon also influences temperature these ice cores don’t show much evidence of that. After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial. It’s relevance is debated.

Source

The graphs and sources are very convincing. They show a cyclical rise and fall in temperatures that last approximately 100000 years each. The Vostok samples and the conclusions made based upon them were reinforced in 2005 by Results from the EPICA core in Antarctica.

First of all, the results demonstrate clearly that the relationship between climate and CO2 that had been deduced from the Vostok core appears remarkably robust

So what ever is heating the globe, cooling it, or having it for dinner, I think we can all agree that the science shows CO2 to be an extremely unlikely culprit. Of course we must then wonder at the agenda behind the MOUNTAIN OF DISINFORMATION being heaped upon the people of the world. One world government? Corporate interests? Communism in disguise? or just plain stupidity?

All of the above?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think it's all of the above. I think plain stupidity was the first to arise then the rest follow subsequently.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
S & F

I keep saying it over a over again. The change in Climate is part of a natural Universal cycle.

Globalony warming.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I just want to point out why I think the logic is flawed here:

"Temperature can cause changes in CO2 levels, so CO2 levels can't change the temperature". ???

To me this just confirms that the two are linked.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

great point. Since CO2 follows temperature, however, I don't think it's too much to say that temperature is the driving factor behind co2 changes. I don't claim to understand the lag between the two, nor am I convinced that the sun is wholly responsible.

My whole issue is more about the motives of governments. Their aims and goals. Thirsts for power that I can grasp but not understand the reason for. TPTB will get their one world government, and i hate that, because they'll get it through LIES and GREED, under the guise of some sort of moral high ground.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Yea it is sad. Copenhagen has shown that some powerful people are putting their agendas ahead of humankind.

Chavez said something that rings true (paraphrasing), "If climate was a bank, we would have saved it already"

If climate change is occurring, we can't save it with the corrupt system in place anyway.

top topics

join