It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

these levi commercials on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i dont know where to post this, but i have a question and would like to have it answered. possibly for many of you it`s old news, but i dont get this commercial`s message. what is it trying to say? it uses a moving Walt Whitman poem Pioneers! O Pioneers! here`s an excerpt (paraphrased):

Pioneers! (America) O Pioneers!
Come my tan-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
Have you your pistols? Have you your sharp-edged axes?
Pioneers! O pioneers!

For we cannot tarry here,
We must march my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend,
Pioneers! O pioneers!

O you youths, Western youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly pride and friendship,
Plain I see you Western youths, see you tramping with the foremost,
Pioneers! O pioneers!

We debouch upon a newer mightier world, varied world,
Ample, fresh, and strong the world we seize,
Pioneers! O pioneers!

We detachments steady throwing,
Down the edges, through the passes, up the mountains steep,
Perennial with the Earth, with Freedom, Law, and Love.

here`s a link to that commercial:

if the url is malformed, you could look it up on youtube. thanks.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

I embeded it for you. Just 'cause I'm that kinda guy.

Don't know what you saw in it but, to me it seems like total nonsence.

The kind of commercial that leaves you saying "Huh?"

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Commercial movement to ready the revolution maybe would be cool anyway

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

thanks. why would levi`s use a poem like that to sell their jeans? i am not familiar with American literature, but i read that the poem is a some type of message to the Youth during Civil War. dont know. i am not heavily into conspiracies, but having spent some time here you start seeing hidden message in everyhting.
it`s like the commercial is asking "do you`ll have your guns ready because evil NWO gummint is about to unleash its evil plans on enslaving all of you, so you`ll have to fight."
but then again i am not sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If there's going to be a revolution,people are going to need durable clothes!

Go ahead and see conspiracies everywhere,because the whole world has been one deception after another!

Trust your gut!

(And buy some Levi's!)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think it's trying to say: "Buy Levi Jeans! Everyone's Doing It!"

.....except me..

-Dev

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
that is so funny because I said the exact same thing last night when I saw the commercial - "WTH is with this levi's commercial?"

Good to know it's a poem from a draft-dodger, that makes it extra special

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Nice to see that I wasnt the only one who said "What the hell?" when I saw the commercial.

There is another thread, with the poster describing it as evil. Not so much to me.

I think Levis is trying to market to young people again. They are trying to be hip, since The Gap, Old Navy, and American Eagle seem to get alot of the young hip kids.
Or maybe Im just so behind on the times, that Levis never even went out of style?
Is it still cool to wear them?

Teen ATS'ers! Help me!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Classic NLP.

Certain words evoke predictable emotional response.

You will remember the response long after the word has faded away.

Advertising isn't about selling its about remembering images even if the images are unconscious.

Clever lot those Madison Ave. boys.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the other thread on this was better:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Clever indeed.
Our subconcious minds will never be the same.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Grrrrr....I did a search for "Levi commercials" and got no results so made a
thread but I see you beat me by 2 hrs!

Everything about this video makes me uneasy and looks and feels completely
sinister...even outright EVIL to me... Anyone else??
Exactly what are they extolling our youths to "pioneer", explore and conquer here?
Even the bits of the classic poem narrated sound sinister and...wrong...to me!
And did anyone notice the blatant "Heil" salute?? And the repeated stag horn images?? And ALL their facial expressions are as if they're in a trance or possessed don't they??
Seems like a trigger to our youth to engage in anarchy and satanic ritual...and
not even hidden which is REALLY scary!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

I got a mix of thoughts while viewing it, but sinister?

That would be the last on my list.

Interesting perspective though!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
the other thread on this was better:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL Thank you but the Mod closed it and directed me here!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah cute little commercials. Too bad their product has gone to the toilet.

I'll never buy a pair of Levi's again. Last 2 pairs, mysteriously, started disintegrating after a couple of weeks for no apparent reason. Both from jeans purchased a year apart with the same exact results.

Meanwhile, the cheap no name jeans i buy last for over a year. Levi's isn't what they used to be. buh bye levi

I guess jeans that fall apart after a couple of weeks, is in a sense, revolutionary.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I thought for a second it said 'evil commercials' in the OP

While I rarely watch TV, I did tune in to last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs and did see 3 commercials in rapid succession that had one thing clearly in common.

They basically had the same scenario -> a mob of ppl, taking to the streets in some sort of polarized displeasure, waving fists etc, and then the solution -> The Product comes along and all is fine and ppl are all smiles and happy -yeey.

Now the playoffs had some huge viewership and these ads seemed to have come from very similar think tanks. It was way to obvious.

Man, if this isn't some sort of desensitization or subconscious validation of riot behaviour I don't know what is.

I wish I remembered the 3 companies behind these but one was a taco place and another for cold medicine I think.

At the same time there was an ad for LG flatscreens. And I love the closing caption. "Technology, Beautifully Hidden"

(ya I bet, like mini high res cams behind the black plastic watching you watching them)

To me all commercials are essentially either a swinging pendulum or some hypnotic spiral that suggests your income should migrate towards the image senders. Whatever.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The commercial was a viral video used to advertise Levi's website and campaign Levis.com/goforth. The website has been taken down due to the campaign's completion. The campaign was set up in honour of Grayson Ozias, a close friend of Levi Strauss' son. Ozias left the "comfortable" life to try and find wild excitement and adventure that was, and is, in the US. Over this time span he amassed a large amount of money and buried it. He left behind recordings of himself that were clues and documentary of where he had been. Levi's put these recordings on the website and waited for a person at each of the locations that Ozias had been. The first person to each place would receive a prize. the final location was, of course, where Ozias left his fortune.

Ozias had hoped that his recordings would be found and investigated, leading the founder to not only experience the adventure Ozias had but to hopefully enhance their life with his fortune. He succeeded.

new topics

top topics

join