It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tests advanced missile as 'deterrent' against foreign attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Iran tests advanced missile as 'deterrent' against foreign attack

www.jpost.com

The missile tested, according to Iranian reports, was an upgraded version of the Sajjil 2, a sophisticated ballistic missile that has a range of close to 2,000 kilometers, can carry a nuclear warhead and is powered by a solid-fuel propellant which gives it greater accuracy and range. With solid fuel, the missile can be stored in underground silos, making it more difficult to detect before launch.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Mod Edit - insert original headline]

Mod note - Please Review: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums
* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 18/12/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"This missile can threaten Europe," one Israeli defense official said. "If Israel were their only enemy, why would they need missiles that can reach Europe?"... That there is a great question. Why would they need a missile that could reach Europe? My guess is they know NATO would defend Israel so they are prepared to attack Europe if they get involved. That is my guess.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why does the US have nuclear armed missiles that can reach Europe? That too is a great question!

As for the old "can carry a nuclear warhead" bit (again), my car can carry a nuclear warhead and, with it's modern GPS unit can accurately deliver the payload.

Those pesky old Israelis sure do like to keep regurgitating the same old lines don't they? I mean, this missile story has been brought up every time Iran tests one. As a European, I have no fear of Iranian missiles raining down, nuclear equipped or otherwise.

Also, if Israel attacked Iran and the Iranians, rightfully so, retaliated, why would NATO step in? It is not a part of the NATO mandate and Israel is not a member of NATO.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Look at how the article headline reads
as the guy above me said what if a headline read "Israel stockpiling warheads capable of reaching......Any country on earth!"

Instead of a country with 3% of america or 7% of Israel's military budget having weapons.

Mainstream news is disgusting to say the least

All countries around Iran can have nuclear capabilities, are they just supposed to sit there like sitting ducks?

wthhhh

new topics

top topics

join