It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: The UAE's Air Force could take out Iran's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Petraeus: The UAE's Air Force could take out Iran's

thecable.foreignpolicy.com

In a previously unreported comment, U.S. Centcom commander Gen. David Petraeus said last week that the United Arab Emirates, a key U.S. ally in the Persian Gulf, has the capability to overpower Iran's Air Force.

"The Emirati Air Force itself could take out the entire Iranian Air Force, I believe, given that it's got ... somewhere around 70 Block 60 F-16 fighters, which are better than the U.S. F-16 fighters," Petraeus said during remarks at a recent conference put on in Bahrain by the International Institute for Strategic Studies last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OK I read this and thought to myself this is an odd thing for him to state. It does raise the specter of a future attack on Iran but not by Israel. Interesting. I didn't know that the UAE had the better model jets.

I'd say we need to keep a close eye on this situation. I'll post this thread for future reference.

Stay tuned.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

U.S. Gen. David Petraeus discusses the capabilities of the United Arab Emirates' air forces.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LOL haha...............the US military fighting its own battles is so 20th century.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan to me...
UAE takes out their air force
Israel can use her three Dolphin class submarines to wipe out their navy.
Iraq can send in ground troops to support the student dissidents...
and I get to sit back and watch it all unfold live on CNN

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

And millions of other unemployed Americans will be watching right along with you.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

well maybe if they would grow a pair and join the air force, navy, army or Marines... then they wouldn't be unemployed... Who knows they might just find themselves like me retired early with a nice fat government pension... cheering on the goods guys rather than bitching about how sad their pathetic lives are...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

And why the hell would anyone want to fight for a country (US) that has completely turned it's back on the people. Sorry.......you can live in your gung ho bubble of the "corps" but the soldiers over in Iraq and Afghanistan are not protecting me or my family and they sure as hell aren't fighting for the US citizens' interest. They are fighting for the corrupt US government and it's corporate string pullers.

You're right................the unemployed should get up off their butt.....not to serve their corrupt government but to abolish it. And that includes the corrupt and tyrannical US military as well. This country needs a BIG FAT DO OVER!

And you should feel lucky you have a nice big fat pension......it's the American worker who's supports it. The military doesn't produce ANYTHING and they don't really protect anyone anymore........it's the American worker who does all that.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

And millions of other unemployed Americans will be watching right along with you.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
NOTHING.

Whether Israel attacks or not. The article clearly shows that the US is well aware of Iran's fighting ability and how to neutralize it if the situation ever calls for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yes, this could be the Greatest Show On Earth lol

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

LMAO! Don't make me laugh buddy......just like the US was well aware of the Taliban's capabilities right?????????????????
I mean after all we've neutralized them pretty well. I mean it's not like we have spent hundreds of billions of dollars........spent 7+ years there.....and there is an end in sight right? LOL. You military guys are hilarious.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Don't be an idiot.
There is more to the story of Afghanistan. The Taliban are small potatoes. Ever heard about the New Great Game or the importance of Central Asia?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

well maybe if they would grow a pair and join the air force, navy, army or Marines... then they wouldn't be unemployed... Who knows they might just find themselves like me retired early with a nice fat government pension... cheering on the goods guys rather than bitching about how sad their pathetic lives are...

I would have loved to but they didn't want to waiver my GED.

Not everyone can join as they please

However, I am on my way to a university already so it's their loss

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yep US Military knows it all Lmao...remember Shock n Awe? Remember attacks on Afghanistan? US got it's @ss whipped at both the places and lost 4k+ soldiers even though Iraq and Afghanistan had no air force, military, navy etc and were way behind Iran.

And the biggest mistake is undermining Iranian people. In a event of attack on Iran it will have a unifying effect among all Iranians and it's parties even those who are protesting now.

Apart from anything else, all the available evidence suggests that any military action would have a very powerful unifying effect within Iran, bringing a wide range of political and religious opinion behind the administration, increasing both its power base and its stability. Even the current administration could be expected to be a focus of support. Those elements of the theocracy that are at present suspicious of Mr Ahmadinejad and may still resent his unexpected electoral success, would not stand in the way of a united Iran faced with US military action.

Source: Oxford Research Group

Or if you don't believe this try talking to some of local Iranians. They don't "tolerate" outside interference in their country.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Yep US Military knows it all Lmao...remember Shock n Awe? Remember attacks on Afghanistan? US got it's @ss whipped at both the places and lost 4k+ soldiers even though Iraq and Afghanistan had no air force, military, navy etc and were way behind Iran.

Boy you really believe all that verbal excrement you spew. @ss wooped? Have we seen any surrenders or locations over run? No. I see only fatalities around 4000 Troops unlike the Soviets in Afghanistan who took a real @ss wooping something to the tune of 18000+ in roughly the same amount of time.

Or if you don't believe this try talking to some of local Iranians. They don't "tolerate" outside interference in their country.

Yeah ok...

Iran will rot from within. There is no need for outside influence. They'll bring themselves down.

Stay tuned.

www.chinaview.cn

TEHRAN, Dec. 13 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah AliKhamenei on Sunday accused the pro-reform opposition of acting against the Islamic Republic system, the official IRNA news agency reported.

"Certain individuals, through law-breaking attitudes, tried to encourage people to act against the Islamic Republic system," Khamenei was quoted as talking to a group of preachers.

The Iranian supreme leader reiterated that such a law-breaking approach resulted in insult to the late Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini-- the father of the Islamic Revolution -- by the "disappointed enemy."

Hardliners: Iran opposition seeks leader's removal

Conservative clerics spoke out against the opposition a few days after pro-reform students, seeking to renew their challenge to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad six months after his disputed re-election, clashed with police in Tehran.

"What they are after is to have a thin layer remaining of the Islamic Republic," Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said in a speech in the holy Shi'ite city of Qom, IRNA news agency reported.

Theological students staged rallies in Qom, Tehran and elsewhere to protest against an "insult" to late revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, official media said.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
look one wants to go to war with Iran
but you got to admit with all their threats and posturing
taking hostages American and British civilians... now rolling tanks into Iraq... one of these days... someone is going to pull the trigger... I for one am glad a plan is being thought out in advance...

and I'm not at all surprised to see their own neighbours want in when it happens

[edit on 18-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer old buddy, some people just don't understand the nature of guerilla warfare or warfare in general at times. And some are anti-anything even remotely connected to the "gubberment". Thus the inaccurate twisting and diatribic rhetoric.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Haha you're the idiot. You just proved my point. We don't NEED OIL! There is TONS of innovation and technology in the US that we should have done away with oil 50 years ago. The problem is our government and our military has been hijacked by the oil junkies that run our country and have stifled innovation since the early 20's. You tout how informed you are but you just spoonfeed everything everyone else in the government is telling you. Oh no all the worlds problems are because of oil. No all the worlds problems are because of the corporate cabal that controls the US government and the US military. Yes the middle east is about oil........it's been plainly obvious for the last 100 years.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Haha you're the idiot. You just proved my point. We don't NEED OIL! There is TONS of innovation and technology in the US that we should have done away with oil 50 years ago.

Man are you really that ignorant or are you just pretending.

WE DON'T need the oil. We are there to have an influence on who gets it!

Get it?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not only does Iran has Men Army Units it also have Female Army Units. I bet most of you guys were not aware of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join