It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake raddles New Madrid, Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Earthquake raddles New Madrid, Missouri

www.ksdk.com

NEW MADRID, Mo. (AP) -- No damage is reported, but a small earthquake centered in southeast Missouri has rumbled parts of four states.

The magnitude 3.1 quake happened at 5:38 a.m. Friday along the New Madrid fault line and was centered about nine miles south of New Madrid, Mo., not far from the Tennessee and Kentucky state lines. The quake was also felt in Arkansas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kfvs12.com

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It really makes me nervous when there is a Earthquake along the New Madrid line, it's only a matter of time till the big one strikes.

I have often wondered if a series of small quakes would happen before the big one hits, or will the big one hit without any warning.

It does seem like there is alot of earthquake activity going on recently.

www.ksdk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That same fault line , according to the article, caused some serious movement back in the early 1800's; enough that it was felt all the way to Maine.
The article also talks about the fault line going down to Tenn and KY and it makes me think of the fault line underneath Atlanta; I felt a quake from it back in '03. It made the news here.
With all of that taken together then the east coast of the United States is actually far more vulnerable than most people would think.
You've got me thinking now about the "big move" to Colorado by the US military and the US political base of control.
Are you familiar with those conspiracies? Some of it is documented and some of it is conspiracy theory.
Anyway it all makes it sound like folks in DC want to get the hell out of dodge and are moving west.
Maybe these fault lines are far more dangerous than we know. Flag

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

If I remember right, the early 1800s quake is thought to have been an approx. 8.5 quake. Strong enough to reverse the course of the Mississippi river.

If the New Madrid really lets go, you're talking about massive devastation in the middle west.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club
reply to post by LDragonFire

If I remember right, the early 1800s quake is thought to have been an approx. 8.5 quake. Strong enough to reverse the course of the Mississippi river.

If the New Madrid really lets go, you're talking about massive devastation in the middle west.

Not just the middle west, babysealclub.
Also the northeast and the southeast.
Which would mean that even the great lakes would be gone;and everything east of them obviously.
And the tributary fault of the New Madrid line underneath Atlanta , GA would be triggered; taking out the southeast.
This thread should be turned into the next history or discovery channel show ; specifically to exam the effects of the New Madrid fault line breaking.
What happened in New Orleans when the levy broke would not come even close to this.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I may be way off the mark but whats with the weather "globally" recently? Typhoons, tropical storms, blizzards, flooding and an imminet volcanic eruption as well as earth quakes. Over the last 2 months there has been loads of major incidents? Most of which are totally against what people have predicted.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

True enough dragonsmusic.

A lot of people have heard of the yellowstone volcano or the San Andreas fault, but there's still not very many that know of the New Madrid.

A New Madrid quake would not just kill a lot of people but would also devastate the "breadbasket" of America.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Actually enca, a New Madrid quake has been "predicted" for the last 20 years.
But the rest of the weather is really nothing new.

new topics

top topics

join