It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA working with Palestinian security agents who allegedly torture Hamas supporters in West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

CIA working with Palestinian security agents who allegedly torture Hamas supporters in West Bank

www.guardian.co.uk

Palestinian security agents who have been detaining and allegedly torturing supporters of the Islamist organisation Hamas in the West Bank have been working closely with the CIA, the Guardian has learned.

One senior western official said: "The [Central Intelligence] Agency consider them as their property, those two Palestinian services." A diplomatic source added that US influence over the agencies was so great they could be considered "an advanced arm of the war on terror".

Some of the mi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ah man, this is pretty huge

I guess I am kind of surprised actually, why would CIA go to palestine when Mossad is already there?

At the heart of the international effort is the creation of the Palestinian national security force, a 7,500-strong gendarmerie trained by US, British, Canadian and Turkish army officers under the command of a US general, Keith Dayton. Many Palestinians blame Dayton for the mistreatment of Hamas sympathisers, although the general's remit does not extend to either of the intelligence agencies responsible.

I am almost speechless
I'm not too sure what to think about this as of yet other than someone please Close the CIA!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Didn't know U.S. was so clandestinely interested in Palestine

Egypt building US-designed underground wall in attempt to cut Gazans’ lifeline
onlinejournal.com...

new topics

join