It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven Iranian soldiers take control of oil well in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I wonder what would have happened if 11 US troops ventured into Iranian territory, seized an oil well, and hoisted the US flag over it?

Such a one sided debate.

Don't believe you said that!

US done it to a whole country called IRAQ for oil!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Well......

If they are not Iranian troops, then they should not care as they are eliminated.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think they are american agents trying to do a false flag attack to justify the invasion of Iran.

USA has been doing this for a while. They just want an excuse to start WW3.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by ickylevel]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"a US military spokesman told the AFP news agency."

But an Iranian oil company spokesman denied the accusation, saying no troops had taken control of any oil well.

"The company denies Iranian soldiers taking control of any oil well inside Iraqi territory," the National Iranian Oil Company spokesman was quoted as saying by Iranian media.

Iraq's Deputy Interior Minister confirmed the Iranians stayed in Iraq and were in control of the well.

Link to earlier report
www.bloomberg.com...

Could be a FF event, or, as mentioned earlier in the thread, a case of disputed land. What is also interesting is that an earlier report stated that the well was no longer in production.

My opinion, Us taking advantage of a situation where Iranian troops ( Not tanks as stated in the same earlier report) have taken disputed land that happens to have a dissused well in the vacinity.

Why? ...to give some bad publicity. If this had been real there would have been diplomats scurrying all over the place from the US, UK, Israel and Russia.

Respects

[edit on 18-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The Iranians are denying it.

It sounds too stupid of a move on the part of Iran, too convenient for US/Israel.

I'm calling false flag. This is BS.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Let's see here. A couple of American tourists (as stupid as they are) cross the Iranian border by accident and they are spies. Iran invades Iraq, siezes property and posts an Iranian flag and it is a misunderstanding? What's even worse is that there are people on ATS who will defend the Iranians.

Iran says Iraq border incident a "misunderstanding"

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

We get it, you think Iran is the bad guy just like everybody else in our military has been brainwashed into believing.

What you have yet to get is how sick the rest of us are of ALL of this total BULL in the Middle East. Two Vietnams is enough. The reason to invade the first like we did was bad, the 2nd was criminal, and now you want to invade a 3rd? At what point will we be able to take YOU to court after this dark period in our history is over?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

To be honest I don't really give a damn what Iran does. I'd prefer to just sit back and watch. If their intentions are as people are claiming them to be, no problem. Personally I don't believe them. The way things are going over there these days, I give them about a year until they are in a civil war.

Why don't you own up to the fact that you really don't give a damn about Iran either? You just want to use them to slam the US with.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

"you just want to use them to slam the US with"?

Seriously? Look, buddy. I'm not sure why folks such as yourself think that the highest goal of your "debate" opponents (using the term very loosely) is to "slam the US". Like, what, you think that behind the monitor, they put their fingers to their mouths and titter, "Ooooh, I totally burned that country, teeheehee!"

It's ludicrous. You need to grow up and realize that the lives of other people do not focus around saying stuff about you.

Now as for the story. This appears to be happening on disputed territory. In the context of the Iran-Iraq war, "disputed territory" translates pretty well into "Iranian territory." I imagine this will end up with Iranian and Iraqi diplomats screaming at one another, then kissing as the iranian troops withdraw. Seriously, eleven? Weird. Looks like a purely symbolic thing to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Why don't you own up to the fact that you really don't give a damn about Iran either? You just want to use them to slam the US with.

No, I really do care about those people. Tehran is a beautiful city. I don't care how the people there treat each other, they still deserve to live no different than me or you. To go destroy something like that for no good reason is beyond comprehension to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why do my inner alarm bells think that these Iranians are actually Israeli agents?

Anyone can carry an Iranian flag and hoist it.

(I may be wrong)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join