It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of our existence here on Earth - The real truth..?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
sigh, too many comments asking for proof and disregarding potential creative theories/ideas without even trying to consider the possibility....what science fiction, what science.... so far I know all new so-called "scientific reality" started off with some creative mind and ideas so far-reached that the rest of the world considered it to be "science fiction", "novel", "madman" and the like..... wasn't the world for centuries flat according to "science"?

Disclaimer: I did not pass any opinion on OP's theory, just commenting on the usual practice and habits of users who visist a forum supposedly to be trying to deny ignorance.....

[edit on 18-12-2009 by yiersan]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
The dark skin absorbing as much of the weak suns energy as possible. .
[snip] With temperatures on earth warmer than mars even in some of the coldest regions, skin pigmentation varied in different parts of the planet and individual civilisations emerged.[snip]
Much of the truth has been preserved in religious text but over the years has been misinterpreted and this in itself is now unreliable.

I like imagination, and ideas in writing...let's correct some premises: (1) dark skin does not absorb more light, it protects against UV radiation. That's why the equatorial skins are darker---the light ones may have died of skin cancer. (2) Transparent skin, from northern latitudes, allows more light to enter in a shorter amount of time. Light passing into the skin can create vitamin D. Too much light is bad, too little light is bad. 15 minutes a day is about right, as a minimum for vitamin D. Since those in the north are covered during most of the year, they need light to pass through their hair, also. Hence, light hair.

I believe we are going through extinction, rather than evolution. The Cambrian explosion gave us 70 or so phyla, today we have 30. Looking around and seeing the news about diminishing numbers in numerous species, looks like we are a major cause of these events. I suppose we kill things because we like to be able to (1) show off our mojo, and (2) like to sleep at night without something eating us.

As far as religion goes, the Bible is pretty accurate, considering it was written by forty guys in different countries. It's accuracy goes way back. Take Genesis, for example. In Genesis, it talks about the slime pits around Sodom and Gomorrah. Today, we call those tar pits. There is an oil investment company in Israel looking for oil around the Dead Sea, the supposed location of Sodom and Gomorrah, based on the slime pits information. If you could find the land of Havilah, you could discover gold, as Genesis says there is "much gold there."

The Bible is translated from original writings. The originals are, of course, more accurate than our English versions.

Sorry to interrupt the thread. Go ahead with your imaginings. I like creativity.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Is it your theory? Is this just what you think, or do you have some sources on it?

I have always thought that man has been on Earth for a very long time, going from technological nothingness to the computer/aircraft age and back, multiple times. There is evidence that points to a nuclear war in India and Pakistan about 125,000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Thank you for this thread, this wraps it all together very nicely.

Do you think those in the know already are aware of this but refuse to release the evidence?

They are secretly on Mars now, sweeping up all the left over debris and chunks of metal, and dismantling the structures that would show the truth - that the martians had the technology to build space craft.

Or were they made from stones?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

@ poedxsoldiervet, This is not about black or white or Islam or Christian. This is about WHY we are of different colours and beliefs.

It's not about colour or religion, it's about colour and religion !

It's still from exposure to extreme amounts of sunlight over evolution that skin pigmentation became darker. Not to absorb the sun, but to cope with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

At one time in the past Mars had running water and oceans on the surface and something (planet blowing up and shrapnel hitting the moon/mars or one of and asteroid slammed into the planet) made it almost uninhabitable. Isn't a wonder all of you that we humans of today are the inheritors of this planet when any one of the other homo species could have supplant us easily in strength and speed. For one the Neanderthal where more than capable of beating us one on one, they had stronger bones and more muscle mass and a larger rib cage to boot. Add on top of that that all of the homo and neanderthal species had more muscle and less fat (one big reason that chimps and apes are so damn strong and can heal easily). And then there is Giganta pythasus which was a 7 to 8 foot tall upright walking branch of the human family which in that and even todays environment could have went toe to toe with a bear and beat it but yet us humans won out with higher percentage of fat.

Also being a part of that family what do we do when we go to an area of dense forest and an inhospitable area, we make it hospitable. Why do we do that. You don't see any of the branches of humanity clearing out large areas of forest and places to live. The reason why is the same reason that they heal better and have fur/hair all over. This planets biosphere didn't bother them at all, they didn't have to clear out areas in order to live, only the unhairy humanoids with larger percentage of fat and thin skin that can't survive with the radiation hitting it (sunburn/poison). Lloyd Pye has a 2 hour collection of videos on youtube about this weird anomaly and hints that we are a species that has been tampered with. Either where a species that migrated as is from another planet a couple of hundred thousands years ago, built structures and such and then a cataclysm happened and we forgot the truth, or we where genetically altered by another species (maybe the reptilians). I through the reptilians in because throughout history on almost every continent they talk about the lizard either in awe or in terror in a story.

I don't know what it could be, but I do believe that we have been around for a long time much longer than 5 thousand years. We are a species that has forgotten it's past and it's history.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Or maybe the creative writing forum....

So I have to ask, what "proof" or "evidence" do you have to support this so-called "truth"? I mean, it'a a nice story and all, but calling it "truth" is quite a leap.

Tell that to the Christians!! Or Catholics... Or Muslims... or Jews...

Should we move the bible to creative writing as well? After all, it was written by mere men and edited many, many times over by more mere men.

Creative writers these men were indeed.

Too bad the OP is 2000+ years too late or he could have his own religion haha

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
Too bad the OP is 2000+ years too late or he could have his own religion haha

Never too late...just ask L Ron Hubbard !

Back on topic, OP I am still enthralled with your story, good work.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I stopped reading after Dinosaurs and Neanderthals coexisted

yeah science doesnt support that at all. but since so many people on here believe humans existed 10's of millions of years ago I'm sure OP knew he could slip that in the story and it would go unchecked by most

two thumbs down for this thread

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Good story,but thats it.We are all trying to make sense of our existence on this planet and all the theories surrounding it.Its like cooking;we are using a bit from here and there and then we have to digest it.
Why have dark skin?To absorb more sunlight but then still living underground?
Dark skin according to your theory wouldn,t be necessary in Africa but it does still exist there...still absorbing the heat???!
If its possible to travel to another planet,a Neanderthal shouldn't be a problem in terms of WAR!
But good story!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
EHhh, it should also be noted that no buried corpses, let alone those of Pharoahs, have ever been found buried in a pyramid.

They were buried in Necropolis, the valley of the dead.

Otherwise, interesting hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
cool novel story bro.

brilliant.

i suppose a made for tv movie for sci fi network would be apt, you better get a copyright on it quick.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses so far.

It has been interesting to see what you guys think and I know there are many inconsistency's in this so please forgive me. Isn't life full of inconsistency's anyway? The skin colour thing which I got back to front admittedly doesn't make sense. However, this detail is more than likely irrelevant as this could have changed over time in order to adapt to the climate... evolution.

I find the theory mentioned by another poster about the ruins on the moon which some people believe exist interesting. It would be quite possible that if our distant ancestors had the tech to travel from Mars then there could also be ancient ruins on the moon.

As for the inconsistency with dinosaurs and humans coexisting, this may be a little far fetched but how much of the theory does this alter? What proof do we have that we didn't? One of many possibility's is that we (or other branches of the human species) only existed on a small part of the planet, this could now be deep under an ocean, maybe the antarctic, maybe all burials took place in one location in the heart of a colony.

As said by another poster (sorry I'm in a hurry and can't get back to look who it was!) the whole point behind my post is to open up imaginations on the THEORY of what I have written and not on the detail.

The fact of the matter is, we don't know anything outside the realms of what we CURRENTLY know or understand. It takes thinking outside of the box to move forwards.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I have an update regarding humans and dinosaurs living at the same time. I would like to advertise a post by the member "genius/idoit" titled "strange relics from the depths of the earth" where their is a link to an article which details discoveries disproving the fact that the two never co-existed.

The most remarkable fact of all, however, is that these prints are in the same layer as dinosaur tracks, and in a few instances, the human and dinosaur prints cross each other, showing that the two had been contemporary when the rock had been mud. The significance of these examples was noted by Dr. A.E. Wilder Smith of the University of Illinois: "One authentic man-track found in the same stratum as one authentic brontosaurus track throws out one hundred years of evolutionary teachings. It is sufficient to bring the whole Darwinistic theory down and revolutionize all biology today."

Please see here for the full article.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join