It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Got Nothing To Hide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It really bothers me when my telephone rings and nobody is there. I go out on the Internet over dial-up because the fast speed is too expensive where i live.

Sure enough two or three times a day when i'm NOT tying the phone line with the Internet, the phone rings and theres nobody there.

Here's what i think: Someone is dialing me up hoping im on the internet and to monitor me.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Now i call my mother in Phoenix 2x a day. It never fails it feels to me like someone is plugging in and out of the conversation.

TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO MONITOR PHONES, I ASK YOU , REALLY, DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?
How well are you paid? Minimum, i hope?

But i get it i think. WE are all terrorists now. Arent we. I hope you get a big rise out of playing with my phone line and out of hanging up my calls when i'm in the middle of a conversation too.

Have a ball, but i think you should get a real life and go after the real criminals.

Seriously.

I'd like to send you people to a nice and hot place, you leave my freaking phone alone.

FREAKS.

Just so you know, I LOVE OBAMA, I HATE THE CONSTITUTION, I WANT A ONE WORLD ORDER,....I WANT ALL THE EVIL YOU WANT BECAUSE I ALSO AM EVIL.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

They monitor all phones, but they do pay more attention to a percentage of all calls.

I wouldn't worry about it, they want a world where there is no privacy.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well we all use now mobil phones is been over two years since we stop the use of regular phones.

But I remember that when I used to phone my husband to work in the military base it was this annoying clicking sounds every so many minutes, like counter.

But since we are not on Mobil phones and my husband answers using his personal phone this clicking sounds is no there anymore, I hardly call him on his office line.

But with the internet, beware we all been monitored depending what we write in boards like this one.

I careless and they can kiss by Latino butt.

Now the new windows 7 is nothing but a free open line for government to monitor anybody with computers using the new program.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I highly doubt that there is any "open line" in windows 7 because if there was then surly some computer nut at home would have found it by now any file lawsuits out the yin yang.

Are animals scared of the human flu?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

they start watching you when your flag contribution level passes "flag con", it's their attempt at humor.

the basis for all this surveillance is that they (the alphabets) have soooo much to hide, spend so much time and energy keeping things hidden and covered up, that they project this behaviour onto everybody else, they think we're dishonest scheming sleezeballs because they know that they are.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Here's what i think: Someone is dialing me up hoping im on the internet and to monitor me.

How would that be possible? Wouldn't they simply get a busy signal if you were connected to the web via phone line?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is a little trick for ya...when I was in the Air Force (Active Duty) I worked in the nuclear weapons control section. We used to monitor calls that were of a classified nature...so here is the tip

If you are on the phone and you here a small metallic echo that often means a second line has been opened...you will just barely hear yourself like a 1/4 to 1/2 second behind. What happens is the voice transmission is split and hence you hear an echo

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is a technique that telemarketing companies sometimes use. They dial random numbers, and if someone picks up, they know the number is active. Then they start trying to sell you stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

Microsoft have a contract with the government they started the monitoring to help Homeland security since the introduction of vista.

The contract was awarded back in 2003 for developement of software friendly to govenrment, the details of the software was never explain to the public.

The deal is worth 90 million dollars.

Microsofts goal is "to help the president, the secretary of Homeland Security, various governors, mayors and county executives achieve all their goals around homeland security. And we feel that were in a good position to do that because we have a significant presence in the federal government with our technology and in state and local governments."

Another reason to hate Microsoft

The development of microsoft 7 has Homeland Security all behind it, it took this long because the govenrmetn first needed to get all comunications power houses in their side.

If you didn't already hate Microsoft, this may push you over the edge: "Security experts raised privacy concerns after a US National Security Agency official revealed that the Agency collaborated with Microsoft during the development stage of Windows 7. The revelation was made in a prepared statement by NSA information assurance director Richard Schaeffer, before the US Senate’s Subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland Security, which operates under the Judiciary panel."

"Marc Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronics Privacy Information Center (EPIC), said “the obvious concern is [that the NSA has built] in back doors that enable tracking users and intercepting user communications”. This is the third time in recent years that the NSA is found to have collaborated with Microsoft in developing operating systems. The secretive Agency worked with the US-owned vendor on Windows 9X, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Vista."

intelligencenews.wordpress.com...

I get mad every time I hear about stuff like this. AT&T, Verizion, and other communications companies also opened their doors to the cloak & dagger guys with no regard for the public's right to privacy or constitutional safeguards. It won't be long before NSA's files will begin to rival those of the Stasi's. Welcome to Heimlandishe Sicherheit - oops, I mean Homeland Security.

swampbubbles.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

You know that is been happening to me when I call my family in PR using my Mobil phone to a telephone line that is what my mother uses.

Interesting, I hate the darn echo.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Buy one of those portable Air Horns and wait till you hear the clicks or echoes on the line.
Then give those ****** a blast!!!!
While their ears are bleeding you can laugh your guts out at their stupidity.
Hope that helps

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Aaah baseless assertions phrased and framed as fact. The staple post of ATS.

If only you had evidence, we might be able to have a discussion.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You, like everyone else, is a victim of telemarketing standard operating procedures. These days, telemarketers don't sit there and manually dial numbers from a list. They use autodialers that dial a whole whack of numbers at the same time.

Let's say there are 20 telemarketers working on a shift...the autodialer will dial 40 numbers, and the first 20 calls that say hello, are detected by the system and transfered to a live telemarketer. Once all 20 people are busy on the phone, anyone else that answers the call just get's dead air.

No monitoring going on, just sneaky telemarketers.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bear in mind too that the echo doesn't 'always' mean a tap. It could be line noise or could even be a non-intrusive tap where nobody is really listening but a machine is listening to test how muc line noise occurs

When we used to use our classified telephones the echo would be horrif...that is how I learned about tap echo

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I could understand it being autodialers and whatnot if it was 2-3 times a week, but 2-3 times a day is something else. I'd recommend you have the local phone company run some diagnostics on your line to see if something might be crossed somewhere. DSL isn't that expensive, can you not get DSL in your area?

reply to post by davesidious

One of these days you might actually make a post that isn't a snarky, pissy, condescending pile that adds nothing relevant to the conversation. That prospect scares me a little bit, because I'll most assuredly fall over dead from the shock.

But thanks for stopping in to tell us in the middle of a discussion there wasn't grounds for a discussion, that's real helpful.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

It is interesting, when I tell my husband that I could hear clicks like a counter whenever he call me or I used to call him to his work in military bases.

The click was only to his office line, it happen while station in Hawaii, and here in GA.

But no when we use our personal mobil phones.

Now the echo to my calls to PR are not all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Don't worry I just ignore the post, due to the fact that is in front of our own eyes and already been expose, Microsoft has been working with Heimlandishe Sicherheit - oops, I mean Homeland Security. to ensure spying on internet users and with the nations communications power houses to monitor phones calls.

The land of the free my butt.

new topics

top topics

join