It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars had complex hydrological past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

In a new research, a team of scientists has reported new evidence for multiple, water-related geologic processes on Mars, thus indicating that the Red Planet had a complex hydrological past.

“Clearly, these areas were affected by water,” she said. “In some cases, there had to be multiple events. But we don’t know how much water was involved or whether it was always a flowing liquid,” she added

In still another area, clays are buried beneath younger plains along the trough floor, while in the same trough, but a few kilometers away, there are exposures of hydrated silica and calcium sulfate.

According to Weitz, “There could have been active volcanism that produced water by melting snow, ice, or underground, hydrothermal processes. These little basins could then have filled or partially filled with some of that water.”

Wow,Ice melting with out the help of humans,weird?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

The banter leaning towards life/water on Mars is really picking up lately. I don't know if you saw, but remember the meteorite found in 96' that scientiscs believed may have fossisized bacteria? Well, recent new tests have found "further evidence" that it was bacteria!

-E-

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I don't doubt it. I do think that we need to look under the surface. Caves on earth stay at a steady temperature. I'm sure if there was ever life on mars it would have found a way to survive like life always does. We've found some crazy life forms in the deep places of the earth.

MBF

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I've always wondered how they can decide where meteorite came from. We have never went to Mars and returned any samples so how can they know. Even if the samples were similar, that is no proof that is where they came from. Those things could have been floating around since before mars ever formed.

top topics

join