It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intriguing photos (14) From Mars Orbiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi,

Just found these on the UK's Daily Telegraph site - apologies if they have been posted before.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Some are really amazing. One of the captions reads; 'Scientists believe the planet was the scene of a catastrophe, transforming it from a warm, hospitable world into a frigid, lifeless desert. As the images beam back to Earth astronomers are studying them in a bid to piece together what happened.'

Enjoy.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wow, what excellent pictures!

-E-

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Awsome clarity!!
Well spotted the Wave!

The mars orbiter is starting to pay off big time.
Wonder if it will ever photo the "cydonia" area of mars?
Hope so!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Me too! Anything like this resolution would be wonderful.

line two.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Why can we get photographs of this quality from mars, yet we get moon pics full of artifacts, lack of saturation and at a bad resolution???

Respects

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
wow what a comment a lifeless desert?

really lifeless?

NASA is covering up the true colours of Mars, not only that they want us to believe mars is a lifeless planet, and that its red

I am sure if you know any photo editing software its really easy creating the earth also in radish mars look to

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Those are great pictures!

How long now before the new posts start claiming to see aliens/ships/debris/domes etc? hehe

Seriously though you do have to wonder what was in the pictures they left out of that gallery

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hi,

Pleased you liked them - can't say I can see any cities there yet, but things are pointing to a less than dead, red planet - after all, life is both tenacious and adaptable.... :-)

And I agree about the resolution - a little like Hubble - bit by bit we are being shown incredible images - maybe some are being withheld but I'm happy just to be able to see what is offered.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents, but these photo's look too perfect. Looks manufactured to me. The "swirls from dust devils" leaving black marks on red and peach colored terrain? And the texture of the surface in areas doesn't look plausible. For being close-up or distance shots. I have studied photography a long time as my father had a darkroom and many great camera's. I am also an artist and these look too manufatured to be the surface of a planet. The first one looked like someone had spilled oil on the ground and dumped some oatmeal into it. Although I have dumped oil on the ground and it did look similar. That type of look doesn't happen naturally anywhere I have been or I have seen. And I have traveled all over this planet.

Not debunking either, just sayin'.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by daddio]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hi,

Agree, that's why I found them incredible. Two things;

Colour? We as we speak I'm printing off some of my 'best of' photos - what is the right colour, saturation, balance - there are amillion combinations? We already know the discussions regarding the 'true' colours of the moon and Mars.... So have they been super-saturated, boosted - may well be.

Definition? Well, as I mentioned in my last post on this thread, Hubble seems to be kicking into action - I posted a thread about the birth of 30 suns - previously I guess none of us would have expected this detail but bit by bit....things seem to be improving.

Regarding the source - 'the Times is read by those than run the UK, the Telegraph is read by those who would like to run the UK.....' Actually, it's not a tabloid and is usually careful - there again, the feed was from... NASA

Peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the new LRO images being taken...they are fantastic.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great pictures
I really enjoyed looking at them

Do you know if any of these were color enhanced?

I'd like to see more.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The photos are amazing and the report stated that the telescope could make out an area the size of a dinner table.Although there was no scale to see how big the areas that have been photographed are.I would love to see the real close ups that they must surely have and haven't released yet.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Superb pictures indeed.

Im amazed at the amount of detail in them. Something tells me though that we wont get to see the good areas that show the important stuff lol

Thanks for sharing OP,

Be safe and be well

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
NASA is covering up the true colours of Mars, not only that they want us to believe mars is a lifeless planet, and that its red

What the heck are you talking about? Try using Google and find Martian pics, most of them aren't red at all. Some do have reddish hue, some not.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Why can we get photographs of this quality from mars, yet we get moon pics full of artifacts, lack of saturation and at a bad resolution???

You are talking about old pics. Latest missions provided great improvement.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm a digital art major and as far as I can tell, the colors weren't very much enhanced or saturated or, you know, adjusted. I'm not an expert of course - I believe they saturated the colors a little bit, probably adjusted the contrast slightly, but overall, my opinion is that they are, for the most part, fairly unaltered. Not enough to give you the wrong idea about what you're seeing, anyway. Just a few quick cosmetic touch-ups.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sowerby

Hi,

As I'm merely an 'analogue minor' (joking!) those were my 'gut' feelings - slightly enhanced, but overall, we are seeing pictures as they were taken. Sorry to harp (whhoops......!) dwell on it but the Hubble telescope is taking some incredible picture....as another poster quite rightly commented - we move on.

Peace!

top topics

join