It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Troy really exist?...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Actually, in the Clive Cussler book, there is reasonable speculation that Troy actually occured in England...
Read Trojan Odyssey, I'll look for more evidence of this

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Some websites

filling quota to post

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
O.o whoa....that's something new...troy being in england?!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I read it in the book quoted above =p
Admittedly the book is fiction, but the evidence presented, etc, is all reasonable.. Read the 2nd website link I posted above, that will probably help give you some more arguments
Trying to find more sources

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Somehow I am not convinced that Troy was in England. All the evidence points Asia Minor.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
it's a good argument though...but I'm also not really convinced...since in those times Spartans etc who were the ones who supposedly attacked troy wouldn't of known england existed infact I believe it was te Roman's who first found it.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have been trying to find a scupture photo of Helen Of Troy that gorgeous lady that caused a 1,000 ships to go to Troy to get her back to her husband. As the story goes she was stolen and taken to Troy. Must be one beautiful lady.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
thinker, what was thought of as beautiful back then, would have been different from what modern society considers beautiful. It would be interesting to see what she looked like, however.

As opposed to legend or history, many people think cleopatra was beautiful. A fact about Cleopatra that I find interesting and amusing was the fact that she probably was a homely looking, heavy set woman, but in the movies she is depicted as this sex symbol who can charm any man.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This thread is FUN!!!!!!

The Story So Far!!!!!!!

They were cutting open an Egyptian Mummy and the found a Papyrus Scroll inside and they read it and it is a missing part of Homer's Iliad!!!!

Yes, it is or may be a different or complimentary version of the Iliad by Homer!!!

This man named Aeschylus was also know to History as "Homer Aeschylus" and may be one of many different Homers or Bards or may have even been related!!!

It will be made into a play!

cnn.netscape.cnn.com.../egyptianmummies/egyptianmummies&floc=wn-ns

When I was a boy in the 60's I read the Iliad & the Oddesey by Homer.

I read the last chapter called the Funeral of Hector.

www.uark.edu...

In the book the Iliad I read that they cremated Hector and put his ashes and charred bones in a gold box and buried it outside the gates next to the river.

If Hienrich Scleimann was right about Hissarlik being Troy or Ilium then we ought to find this gold box buried in a hole under many small rocks!

The discovery of this Golden Ossuary would prove that Troy was really real.

It also would be a great Treasure for we would have the very bones of Hector who was slain by Achilles.

Maybe even some DNA!

After reading these 2 books over again and again, I think I now know why it goes by 2 names!

Ilium was the Royal Fortress where the King Priam lived and Troy was the City that was around it!

New discoveries around the Citadel which Schliemann said was too small to be Troy now make sense of this.

There may be new treasures still buried there!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join