It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Able to sense energy around me, anyone else like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I woke up about a week ago, and I just had this feeling within me which I could sense the energy around me, and the energy that had recently left the area (kind of hard to explain). I immediately could tell who had left the house this morning, and who was still home. And this has been something I've been able to do every day since... I know it seems like something sort of stupid but the feeling I have within myself is something completely new. It's honestly like some sort of ESP. I have no idea how I developed it, although I have been working with my energy lately to heal and such so maybe I opened up a new door while trying other new things out.

This doesn't just apply to the physical realm either. Every time I astral project I have had trouble seeing my spirit guides for some reason - however I am always able to sense how many entities are around me (and it just feels normal to me to be able to do so). This started within the astral plane before it started in the physical realm, so maybe it just sort of transferred over? I have no idea, but has anyone else found they have this ability? I hope I explained it well enough, it's kind of hard to explain using just words, as are a lot of spiritual things we experience.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I know what you mean about sensing energy. I can go over to a friend's house and know which of my friends are there, or if nobody is home. It is really cool and I too have slowly been honing that skill without paying too much attention to actually honing it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

Yeah it's not something I really seem to be able to 'practice' it just sort of comes to me. I honestly don't even have to think about this at all, I just automatically sense energy/entities without trying.

I wonder if this could be used to sense entities who may be visiting our physical realm, maybe some ghosts? I'm not sure what I believe in when it comes to ghosts and stuff, but it would be cool to be able to find them or notice them at least if they are around.

I will have to see if I can learn anything about this ability and how, if possible, to adapt it to other scenarios and such.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
...our culture (NZ Maori) refers to it as Mauri.

Sometimes that word, Mauri, is translated into English to mean such things as 'Life Force'. In a way that is true, however the deeper context and connotations of it are found within the word itself:

Ma = to be connected to, joined to
Uri = descendents, all things (seen AND unseen)

Mauri = to be connected to all things - seen and unseen.

Mauri is our link.
Mauri is our connection.
Mauri is our awareness of the inter-related nature of all things...the joining to of all things.

Mauri is the *transporter* of 'information' to ourselves (and by ourselves I mean also on a deeper level than mere flesh and bone).
It is also the *carrier* of 'information from ourselves.
It is a two-way street of awareness.

For some people - be it by birth, be it by learning and gaining awareness, be it by whatever - they are more attuned to their own Mauri...and via that attuned to the Mauri of others. Seen and unseen. Which also means both living AND passed.

Mauri is also not just limited to connections to other *beings* as such...it also encompasses connection to (as the word indicates) ALL THINGS.
Be it the tree outside your house, or that river that flows through your town, or the mountain hundreds of miles away.

...thats our cultural perspectiive anyway...

...is anyone else like this? Lots. You certainly aren't alone. In fact its particularly normal in some cultures.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thanks for the input. I understand what you stated, and it makes sense. I guess this is just the beginning for me. Being able to sense the energy of things is pretty neat and can come in handy. I want to learn how to control it though, since at this point in time it just kicks in by itself (especially when I first wake up in the morning).

Hopefully I can gain some more knowledge on this subject and learn to use this ability all the time to make decisions better and find out things I wouldn't know if I didn't use this ability in the first place.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I may be able to focus on this ability and get better at it? I think it would be a good skill to have if I learn to use my psychic abilities, which is something I want to start working on as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...our culture (NZ Maori) refers to it as Mauri.

Sometimes that word, Mauri, is translated into English to mean such things as 'Life Force'. In a way that is true, however the deeper context and connotations of it are found within the word itself:

Ma = to be connected to, joined to
Uri = descendents, all things (seen AND unseen)

Mauri = to be connected to all things - seen and unseen.

Mauri is our link.
Mauri is our connection.
Mauri is our awareness of the inter-related nature of all things...the joining to of all things.

Mauri is the *transporter* of 'information' to ourselves (and by ourselves I mean also on a deeper level than mere flesh and bone).
It is also the *carrier* of 'information from ourselves.
It is a two-way street of awareness.

For some people - be it by birth, be it by learning and gaining awareness, be it by whatever - they are more attuned to their own Mauri...and via that attuned to the Mauri of others. Seen and unseen. Which also means both living AND passed.

Mauri is also not just limited to connections to other *beings* as such...it also encompasses connection to (as the word indicates) ALL THINGS.
Be it the tree outside your house, or that river that flows through your town, or the mountain hundreds of miles away.

...thats our cultural perspectiive anyway...

...is anyone else like this? Lots. You certainly aren't alone. In fact its particularly normal in some cultures.

Peace.

Your descriptions are a very different way of describing exactly how I feel about reality. It all comes down to perception and or awareness. Great post alien!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper

You're right it does come down to our own perception. It's hard to talk about these types of subjects and have a lot of people relate to exactly how you are feeling. Although we can all have some common ground, we're all going to have different opinions/beliefs. I still would like to hear from anyone else who has information on this subject or has experienced it and can explain to me how to strengthen the ability.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sort of like on a minimal scale when your are in the basement and someone upstairs cuts the tv on and you dont hear the tv but can tell it has just been cut on tv or video games.

[edit on 12/18/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I have always been able to sense people around me even if they dont make a sound. But just resently i have been able to read people like books. Even when they cover up what they are truely feeling i can feel it. I can tell what kinda of person someone really is. I can pick apart trueth from a lie very. very. fast and although this skill or gifft or what ever this is is very usefull it has its down fall. What ever this is its growing. sometimes i can sense spirits around me it happend today i was in my room and then it got very cold i got this sense that what ever this was it was evil. I cant really explain what happend next.. I watched it move throughout my room slowly but i could not see it. I felt it.. Then the feeling was gone. This has happend befor but it was nothing like this the feeling i got was like it was sucking something out of me.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

waoo how interesting, u could then use that what u call skill to know others for urself knowledge, why dont u do that and get to smthg really useful, since u cant b any but u can dream about being only u
it is always weird to me what u say, but i guess this is originally high if u say so, u surely mean love and creations in such abstract ways that i will never have any glimse of idea about

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I still would like to hear from anyone else who has information on this subject or has experienced it and can explain to me how to strengthen the ability.

In my opinion, the most effective method to strengthen the said ability is the neti-neti technique. You can read about it here (Part 2 - the yoga of integral knowledge, chapter 6,7,8,9,10,...). The ideal would be to read the entire book.

A complementary way to strengthen the said faculty is by performing mudras. Some mudras, if performed correctly, will give you siddhis. In this specific case, the mystic mark of the triangle of the tripura tapini upanishad (here) is the mudra you're looking for.

edit on 4-12-2011 by D1ss1dent because: iPod, link

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think that what you are describing is called empathy. And when developed to a high degree its known as clairsentience. Its all done through feeling or sensing energy. For example empaths naturally and frequently pick up on the emotional energy of others. Someone could look like everything under the sun is fine but an empath will sense what they aren't letting on. They see behind the mask. They might pick up on anger or lying and so forth. You can develop it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Interesting you say that because I have experienced some of the same things. I can be in the deepest state of sleep and completely focus my mind on the energy around me and I can tell who is home and who is not home without a thought, it just comes to me naturally in my thoughts while I'm sleeping ( yes I know I just contradicted myself I just don't know how else to explain it). I can sense danger and negative energy from a mile away. I can read peoples energy just by being near them. I suffer from anxiety socially because when I am around a large crowd it is as if everyone's energy is hitting me at once and if there is any negative energy what so ever it's like this alarm sounds off in my head and tells me to run I don't know how to describe it other than just natural instinct. I normally found out later my instinct about who or whatever it was that was setting alarms off was correct.

new topics

top topics

join