It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter down, reportedly hacked by "Iranian Cyber Army"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by nastalgik
I am hoping that the nerds at the NSA come up with some elaborate plan to make the ICA and Al-Qaeda in the Internet (Much like Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb organization but on the intranets) declare a Jihad against 4chan. That way neither side can win.

The only victor in such a conflict would be "Teh universal bad grammarz"

i dunno he haz sum good pointz

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think that it is so telling. Twitter gets hacked and 90% of the posts regarding the incident are... retweets of the same three statements.

It seems like they more "social networking" we do; the larger the herd becomes.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
GCHQ recently started to recruit cyber snitches using the xbox 360 dashboard, coincidence?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
just imagine if ATS got hacked by ICA, would you be laughing then?

i would.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"So, turns out that the nuclear thread isn't getting the support we were hoping for."
-"I know, let's make it so that all Iranians look like pedofiles."
-"No, we used that trick already on the photographers and it's mostly educated people and young people who don't buy that."
-"I guess we have no choice then but to make it look like they destroyed twitter."
-"*sigh* I guess so..."

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have a word for twitter, incontinence.
Really i couldn't care less what "you" people have to say about the fart you just let.
This women for instance, about her just drowned baby..

www.windsorstar.com...
Internet used to be fun before this blog and twitter BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So it turns out that techchrunch jumped the ball little too early. It turned out to be a simple dns hijack, anyone surprised?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Best tweet ever...

cant believe Twitter Hacked - Defaced by Iranian scariest moment of my life

Ok, I'm done...

I think that I am a tad bit more concerned with an Iranian Nuke, as opposed to a faceless "Hack Squad" that can't even properly translate their message into legible threats.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why the Hell would the Iranian Army go after twitter for Gods sake?
Its hardly the nuclear launch codes...
This has got to be either:

1.A joke/hack by someone pretending to be the Iranian Army
(Like the real Iranian army would have a GMail Email adress...)

2.A test run for a more serious cyber attack.

I just can't see the Mullahs debating how best to attack the great satan,and coming to the descision that twitter is the way to go...

I just cannot see it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Army Of Dorkness

It's not the Iranian Army, but the Iranian Cyber Army.

One consists of actual soldiers, while the other, based on extensive grammatical analysis, appears to be composed primarily of Xbox Live emo rage-quitters and washed-up lolcats.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
what will the tw'idiots do now..

lol..

looks like they're back online..

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Looks like the work of the same war-mongering alliance that cheated whole world into Iraq war.

If anyone here been at the dawn of hackers 2000-2002, then you must have heard about "cyberarmy.com", "shadowcrew" and IAACA. Federal agents used honeycomb method to send hundreds of newbie-hack-buyers to jail.

In this recent twitter case, I have no doubt it's an insider job (in twitter or domain provider). An outdated domain/dns hijacking.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
isnt it funny how they use an American company - google - to provide their email - while simultaneously denouncing America as the great Satan?

Isn't that considered hypocrisy to some extent?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I am hoping that the nerds at the NSA come up with some elaborate plan to make the ICA and Al-Qaeda in the Internet (Much like Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb organization but on the intranets) declare a Jihad against 4chan. That way neither side can win.

If the ICA did hack 4chan it would effect a lot more people
. I don't care to much (if at all) for twitter, but 4chan thats a different story lol

/b/ ftwggkthanxbi

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Twitter has been used extensively by the "green revolution" to communicate with each other and with the rest of the world about protests and other events that are happening in Iran. It's a means of drumming up international sympathy and support for their cause, which is ultimately the overturning of the present oppressive, theocratic regime.

It's interesting that the hackers posted a green flag, because the greens are depending on the internet to get their messages across.

I'd say if it's not just some prankster with too much time on their hands it's probably the Iranian state police, who have been seizing, destroying, and in every way possible interfering with students' computers and internet access.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Another one of those anti muslim, anti middle east, anti Iran type stories. Seem to be getting an awful lot of them lately.

I wonder why?

Could it have something to do with our elite controlled media and their agenda's?

One thing for certain, I think the story is bogus!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
its not an nsa or iran attack.

this is NOT a second line.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Twitter? Rly? NO WAI!

Don't terrorist organizations strike at critical parts of the infrastructure? It's not like they hacked our Power Grid, or into the DoD (which last time I checked the official stats, they successfully get hacked millions of times a year and only catch 1-3 hackers per year). No, they instead go after something frivolous, non-essential. It's like defacing MySpace or Ebay. It works as an April Fool's gag, but it doesn't cause terror.

Total /Fail on the ICA!

And I thought Suicide Bombers weren't very bright!

Now if they went after ICANHASCHEEZBURGER and took it down, then it would be all out war declared on Iran in retaliation for taking the joy of lolcats away from us!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well to me it looks like Twitter is up and fully operational.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
twitter is down? AWESOME NEWS!

twits use twitter...

ditto.

why do people care for that service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join