It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas, the broken dream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Hi TV_Nation

Well I hope you manage to get the Christmas spirit going for you this year.

The TV and stores are now ratcheting up to full on retail psychological pressure to encourage us to buy stuff and boost there sales for the season.

I think it is this cynical capitalism that takes the joy out of it for most of us.

Oh well I think I will go and put on some old Christmas CD's of carols and see if that can do it for me.

Merry Christmas mate.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm mildly offended by the implication that all atheists ruin Christmas. I grew up a non-practicing Catholic, very briefly attended Catholic school, and decided I was atheist when I was 13 years old, and now, 16 years later, I still cherish this time of year.

Even though my family were never church-goers, Christmas meant something to us. It was a time to visit with family we didn't see very often. It was a time to give of yourself, to show kindness and thoughtfulness. It's a time to be together, to bake cookies, to decorate, to listen to schmaltzy music, to watch time-honored sappy holiday specials.

I haven't believed in god for more than half my life, but I still become full of the warmth that the holiday season brings.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

I am sorry AshOnMyTomatoes but I never implied in my post that I blamed my lack of Christmas feelings on atheists.

You must have misunderstood what I was saying. The last thing I would want to do at Christmas or any time for that matter is to offend anybody.

I am very happy for the warmth you feel.

Have a very merry Christmas mate!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I think I was replying to the guy with the Ren and Stimpy avatar, but I don't have this forum's buttons down yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

No problems here AshOnMyTomatoes, I am glad that I hadn't offended you though I kind of take that sort of thing on as a guilt trip

top topics

<< 1   >>

join