It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US won't stop Israeli strike on Iran: Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Probably its not Israel who wants Iran...the elite...the invasion and distruction of Iran was planned before the war in the Gulf.

It was planned just after the revolution took control of all the oil in Iran

So it doesnt matter if Israel is stupid or not...everything is already planned

keep in mind that as for planning they are the best, wasnt 911 the greatest ever plan carried out perfectly in Human History?...with all this technology we now have, with all the experts we have, with all the evidence we have, the bad guys are still enjoying the fresh air as much as i do.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Everyone on earth knew that war with Iran was inevitable the moment that their president stated that he would "Wipe Israel off the face of the planet". It has been a long time coming, but, it is inevitable. If you don't understand the situation then I will put it this way. Jerusalem is in the heart of Israel. Jerusalem is also the heart of all three of the worlds major religions. Anyone who states that they will destroy Israel is the enemy of all three religions. There are thousands of holy sites in Israel to all three major religions.

I don't know who keeps prompting him to say things that will get Iran destroyed, but someone is getting this fool to put his foot in his mouth so badly that it will utterly destroy Iran. Even the Muslims cannot afford to have Iran nuke Israel. Even the Muslim holy sites would be deathly contaminated for decades. Someone tricked this fool to cause Iran's utter destruction and I don't think anyone is even going to try to stop it. Not Saudi Arabia, not Russia, not China, no one. In the days of sword, then yes, war in the holly land happened often. But today, nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons would contaminate the site for lifetimes. No country can afford for this to happen. No government on earth can allow it for if they did, then very quickly, public support for those governments would fail. Even china would see uprisings on a massive scale.

Threatening Israel with Nuclear weapons is akin to telling every man and woman on earth that they are going to murder their only child. This fool was somehow talked into making a threat and gaining the weapons to do so for it very very foolishly. Considering that it was France and Germany I believe who sold them the equipment needed to refine the uranium then I would bet that Iran has been planing into the world governments hands unwittingly for some time now. Iran was talked into spending all their money on technology from the west only to have the world destroy them for possessing it and threatening to use it against practically the only globally and universally sacred land on earth.

I would not be surprised if the Muslim leadership in Iran itself decides to eliminate their own president just to save face and prevent this war. It may end up being global war, but I don't think so. I think agreements will be made to allow Russia to gain a satellite or two, China to gain Taiwan, and of course the US to gain the middle east and also create the American Union, all in exchange for eliminating Iran as a center of power and influence.

I don't think Iran realizes how one sided this might really be.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

TO ALL MSM PUPPETS :

"Wiped off the map" or "Vanish from the pages of time" translation Many news sources repeated the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) statement that Ahmadinejad had demanded that "Israel must be wiped off the map",[5][6] an English idiom which means to "cause a place to stop existing",[7] or to "obliterate totally",[8] or "destroy completely".[9] Ahmadinejad's phrase was " بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود " according to the text published on the President's Office's website, and was a quote of Ayatollah Khomeini.[10] The translation presented by IRIB has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". He says that the Iranian government News Agency IRIB/IRNA translation is the source of the confusion: One may wonder: where did this false interpretation originate? Who is responsible for the translation that has sparked such worldwide controversy? The answer is surprising. The inflammatory 'wiped off the map' quote was first disseminated not by Iran's enemies, but by Iran itself. The Islamic Republic News Agency, Iran's official propaganda arm, used this phrasing in the English version of some of their news releases covering the World Without Zionism conference. International media including the BBC, Al Jazeera, Time magazine and countless others picked up the IRNA quote and made headlines out of it without verifying its accuracy, and rarely referring to the source. Iran's Foreign Minister soon attempted to clarify the statement, but the quote had a life of its own. Though the IRNA wording was inaccurate and misleading, the media assumed it was true, and besides, it made great copy.[11][12] According to Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as: The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[13]

According to Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as: The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)

source : Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Wiki

other sources :

Iran's President Did Not Say "Israel must be wiped off the map"

'Wiped off the Map' – The Rumor of the Century

Iran's President Did Not Say "Israel must be wiped off the map"

Just How Far Did They Go, Those Words Against Israel?

The "Wipe Israel Off The Map" Hoax

EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS NEEDS EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You can try to explain away his comments all you want, however, in many other interviews and speeches he has given, his intentions are clear. He has made it widely and commonly known that he would want nothing more than to destroy isreal.

I don't doubt that his words may have been "slightly misinterpreted". I go on to claim to that he has been fooled and perhaps used by the powers at be (France and Germany and the US and Eu). But the point still remains. Iran will be destroyed. They played with fire literally and they are about to get utterly burned beyond all recognition for it.

Hopefully they woln't. However, i feel that it is inevitable

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Yeah airstrikes are pretty accurate .. Gotta get the planes through the defence net first though dont ya ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
all this propaganda on the msm,when iran has the right to have a few nuclear power plants and have complied with international laws,from my knowledge they haven`t done anything wrong,apart from being 1 of the only 4 countries in the world not being endebted to TPTB alongside with north korea,russia and venezuela.iran would have political bargaining power if it had nukes and would keep the corporations at bay thus stopping the advancement of a one world government.also if i remember earlier this year china threatened usa and israel that if either of them attacked iran there would be catastophic consequences

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

yeah, Obama won't. No one's going to listen to a President who is afraid to take action when letters and speeches and empty sanctions fail...

hahaha

You see, he obviously missed his history lessons about why wars start...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Anyone with an IQ over mud can see what path we are on. Diplomacy has failed,

Anyone with an IQ over mud can see there hasn't ever been any diplomacy when it comes to Iran. Only propaganda Please use the search button top right and type in IRAN to verify what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think everyone who follows world news/politics knows that this was going to happen for a while now. It really is just a matter of time, unfortunately.

A lot of innocent people are going to end up dead, and this could be the start of WWIII if it plays out certain ways. For example, the US jumps in to help Israel out they get attacked by another country. Or, the US does nothing (which I can't see happening) and still people get pissed off that we are sitting on the sidelines and once again we're open for attack.

I'm not saying that this is how everything will play out, and that this all will be devastating to the world, but more than likely it will effect the whole world. Iran and Israel have been going at each other for a while now, I think they are at the point of playing chicken - waiting to see who does what first. Once the war starts, there will be no stopping it. It will be retaliation after retaliation...

As much as some of the middle eastern countries piss me off I start to realize that it's all the propaganda thrown at us which helps to create the hatred we have for people we don't even know. So now I'm looking at this like "Damn, a lot of innocent people are going to die when the s**t hits the fan." And it's true, and it's also sad. There really isn't much anyone can do though.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by heineken
i dont think you are keeping in mind what an attack on Iran should bring the world to.

I understand all the SPECULATION that has been going on here at ATS for years. There will be no attack on Iran by Israel. I know it makes for great conspiracy but even Israel isnt that stupid.

As far as the big Russian boogy man that Iran supposedly has in their back pocket. That's a bunch of garbage. the only reasons Russia supports Iran is for two reasons really. One Iran is a big arms customer great business in saber rattling and second Russia doesn't want change in the Iranian issue.

I agree with you totally. Also be very aware that the Israel, Iran cloud could be used by those who want us to focus on the ME and not what we should be seeing elsewhere.

Slight of hand, a tool of deception.

Respects

[edit on 18-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

"Everyone on earth knew that war with Iran was inevitable the moment that their president stated that he would "Wipe Israel off the face of the planet"."

P.S. He never stated that. Users like you should be banned for acting dumb. You can't possible be on ATS without knowing that the Iranian president never uttered those mistranslated words.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Nomad451

I don't see why we should even try to stop them..
Iran never been anything but a loud mouth bully...
if Israel wants to teach them to put up or shut up I say good go for it...
Just leave us out of it...

Bit like the Pot calling the Kettle black?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I honestly do not see the problem with this. If Israel is going to attack 'Iranian nuclear facilities' then so be it. Let them fight, it does not really concern any other country. If you from Israel and wanted to down an enemy, only to be stopped by the USA you would be quite annoyed.

Im not saying war is good, or helpful... However these 2 have been huge enemies for quite a long time. Casualties will come, but this has just been a delayed war for quite a long time. It was going to happen at once stage or another, from beliefs... Now it the time.

'|--| Live Long and Prosper. Why care? I don't because its just how this world is. If you thought this world was about peace, prosperity and community then im sorry but your mistaken.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This my views on the Palestine and Israel conflict.

* Israel intentionally builds it's settlements close enough to the Gaza concentration camp so the limited distance rockets will have a civilian target.

* The military power Israel has, has got to the stage that it is unstopable
unless nation wants to start world war 3

* Israel is happy with the way the situation within Palestine is and the attacks on Israel from Gaza, so this can keep the occupation going and to get the right response from the world

*Israel has no major threat in the middle east and could withstand multiple nations attacking it at once as proven by history.

* Israel will attack Iran and when it does it will push al the people in palestine out and will then move on to occupy another land.

* America can never expect peace until it stops its hypercritical way it treats Israel.

* Israel has broken more UN laws than every country in the world.

* Every person killed in Israel, i'm sorry to say but it is there own fault.
Any person living on a occupied land, is and should be in the wrong, and if that land that is occupied has resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands
of the original inhabitants then any person living of or in that land is the worst kind of human and can not complain when the worst acts are set on them

* The main thing with the conflict is simple, it comes down to who you are if you are a person who thinks the killing of children is a just cause then your on the Israeli side, if you think the killing of children is disgusting and they should never be a target then your on the right side and should support the Palestiniane people. and religion has nothing to do with your support it's to do with your morals

* Israel and the Zionist movements goals are to ocupy and control every named place in the Torah.

Cool people hope i am on the right track.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not so sure Israel will attack, I think it's too late and they don't have the bombers to carry the deep underground penetrating bombs to penetrate some of those facilities. If they do attack I think it would have very limited success in the short and long term. I also believe if an attack does occur I don't see Russia getting too much involved as they would cash in big time on the most likely scenario of skyrocketing oil prices. I could see China getting angry but I also don't see them getting involved militarily and I think most Arab countries despise Iran so they would most likely not mind Iran getting attacked. I give a 50/50 chance of an attack.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwisatz
reply to post by alyosha1981

Yeah airstrikes are pretty accurate .. Gotta get the planes through the defence net first though dont ya ?

I'm not advocating an attack on Iran, far from it but...

Modern air forces have the ability to destroy air defense systems, not only that if anybody is planning an attack on anybody else's counttry they would have figured in the losses and still will carry out an attack.

That's a non issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If Israel attacks Iran, I have to assume it's because the US let them fly over Iraq. Which I doubt will not please Iraqis; who have no love for either and only limited love for us (the US).

And if Iran SCUDs back, again, the US and our troops troops are caught in the middle.

If this event takes place, we WILL be dragged into it. If the houses on your left and your right are on fire, it only stands to reason that....................

I hope the world realizes the gravity of this situation.

We keep asking "Were is God?' We better figure out an answer to that question fast because the devil is walking toward our door.

Starting with Bosnia, we (the US) had a good run with war for the last 10 years. With our economy in shambles and no federal concern in site, the only way to avoid war is to over throw the government. Which, ironically, would result in a war.

Merry Chirstmas!
And let there be peace until war.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've only seen this article in one place. Are you sure the source material is accurate?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just picked this up on fox news URGENT:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Seems that maybe Iran may touch off a conflict with an old argument themselves. ATS Thread
Iran Forces Occupy Iraqi Oil Well, Border Guard Says

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join