It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US won't stop Israeli strike on Iran: Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

world.globaltimes.cn

US President Barack Obama has admitted that the US would not be able to keep Israel from attacking Iranian nuclear facilities for much longer, senior officials in Jerusalem told Haaretz newspaper Thursday.

The news report cited the officials as saying that Obama made such remarks to Chinese President Hu Jintao during his Beijing visit a month ago as part of US attempts to convince China to support further sanctions on Tehran if it does not accept Western proposals for its nuclear program.

The Israeli officials, who asked to remain anonymous, told Haaretz that Obama made it clear to Hu th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ATS's, time is SHORT. The attack on Iran's nuke facilities is coming, there is no shred of doubt on this.

Anyone with an IQ over mud can see what path we are on. Diplomacy has failed, and it won't be long before the Obama Admin will make good on their threats of hard, harsh sanctions, which also are destined to fail...

This stand-off, after 5 years is coming to a head. Anyone can see this. Propaganda has been 10-fold.

Its only a matter of WHEN Israel will finally have had enough, and will strike causing...(Add your scenario).

world.globaltimes.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

This could be the start of a bad Domino Effect.

If nuclear sites are bombed , any kind of radiation clouds would find their way

towards Pakistan.

Rumour has it, they would be upset.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Nobody wants war but the leaders of the countries. Why do we have to have war? It causes more trouble than it solves, and it is NEVER okay to end a human life by another humans hand.

This could turn out very bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The U.S. couldn't stop Israel if they wanted to.

Our lack of support with our current administration will force Israel's hand.

I really think it will be quick and surgical...sure, some scuds will get hurled into Israel but I just don't see a Middle East uprising against Israel, their military is just too powerful.

And if there is an uprising, God help us all because Israel WILL use nukes if they are backed into a corner...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
More stuff to try to get us scared over.
YAWN.
When are the asteroids coming?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There's no doubt about it the rhetoric is in full swing again ....

Iran testing missiles , all the usual statements from the MSM "We don't have much time left" and now this one from Obama.

China has massive interests in Iran , I think the Israelis might get more than they bargained for!

link   
If its going to happen perhaps they will both wipe each other out...as well as a few more in the middle east....war is part of the Middle east DNA....its reached a climax and its time to get it on

link   
reply to post by Signals

This is old news, anyone with the least of knowledge in what is going on in the worlds knew this was going to happen. As was stated earlier, it's only a matter of when before israel starts this bad boy up. We have been talking about it for quite some time now, israel bombs iran >iran bombs isael>us gets involved defending israel>russia gets involved helping iran>syria gets involved (but they can't really do anything)>other middle easter countries and muslim countries get involved>everyone is all tired out and lack soldiers>china comes and cleans up the party and take control of the oil and basically control the world. This is going to be one big mess, it really is a shame.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I don't see why we should even try to stop them..
Iran never been anything but a loud mouth bully...
if Israel wants to teach them to put up or shut up I say good go for it...
Just leave us out of it...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The US will be guilty by association.

Any attack on Iran will cause Iran to retaliate and go after US interests in the gulf of hurmuz.
The aircraft carriers are not as invincible as some would love to assume and the US would use the sinking of an aircraft carrier as a reason to attack Iran in defence.

the US has to give Isreal the codes so as to fly over Iraq in order to attack, the general public will be kept in the dark about this.

Obama can do it, because he is not Bush and he will be backed by the US citizens because it will look like an unprevoked attack.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Listen to RP talk about the history of the issue
Seriously, Watch the below video

Dec. 16 - Ron Paul On House Floor - Debate On Iran Sanctions!

On another note, Obama is lying!!!
Well not really lying but this is propoganda, half-truths

He is saying he won't stop Israel, implying U.S. won't intervene
won't intervene?
Guess who will fund the war on Iran?
Who funded the attack on Gaza? It was the U.S.

Keep that in mind

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

And you would condone a military attack on a country simply because "They are a loud mouthed bully"? Killing thousands of people, and disrupting the middle-east into all out war? Just because a leader of a country of millions of innocent people, has a big mouth?

This war when it erupts won't be contained to just "Israel and Iran".

Besides, the so called "Israel needs to be wiped off the map" statement is another example of media distortion and hate propaganda against Iran...

Sure, Iran should be closely monitored, as should ANY COUNTRY pursuing anything nuclear, but personally I am MUCH more worried about Israel possessing nuclear weapons, and quite frankly I don't blame any country in the region pursuing their own nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from Israel.

Not to mention the country of Iran, literally SURROUNDED by U.S military forces, living in a highly un-stable region of the world, and existing right on a nuclear armed Israel's doorstep?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

More to the point, I don't think the US CAN stop Israel or Iran from doing this thing they both seem hellbent to do.

It is, sadly, a cup that shall not pass and once it has begun, it will likely drag in much of the world before it is all over.

I hate gloom and doom as much as anyone but... geez, you can't have this much animosity build steam between two nations without a venting.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I can literally feel the attack coming... I can't sit still for more than a second.
It's definitely close, without a doubt.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not only that but to take out centrifuges filled with Uranium Hexaflouride GAS, you will need to use a nuke. Otherwise the gas is freed in an aerosolized form...

The fallout from a nuke would be minimal and much easier to clean up or contain in comparison to freed U hex!

I'm of the opinion that they will have to go all the way or not at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If the Zionists Attack Iran, then watch the world flip on Israel ,
Lets see if Israel have the balls , Obamas just baiting Israel to show its true colours . If Iran dont counter back, Israel is gonna be singled out , Obama will be pressured to sanction Israel , If he doesnt ,China and russia will condemm the US , If iran counter , its on for young and old , Its all eyes on Israel , eventually , someone will put their money where their mouth is ,
Let the chess game begin...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by Signals

Not only that but to take out centrifuges filled with Uranium Hexaflouride GAS, you will need to use a nuke. Otherwise the gas is freed in an aerosolized form...

The fallout from a nuke would be minimal and much easier to clean up or contain in comparison to freed U hex!

I'm of the opinion that they will have to go all the way or not at all.

I Wikipediad Uranium Hexaflouride. Not good stuff to have in the atmosphere at all. It also reacts with water, but it didn't clarify in which way.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

I can literally feel the attack coming... I can't sit still for more than a second.
It's definitely close, without a doubt.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by MegaCurious]

I totally agree. As much as everyone says "You can't live your life worrying about what COULD happen", I have been living my life as normal, with however this constant nagging to check the news, whats Iran done today to piss everyone off, whats Israel saying, Whats happening with the UN draft deal?
Has Iran accepted or rejected? Whats happening with sanctions?

I can only put it down to the fact that my subconscious can simply SEE what is coming. Most people feel detached from what is happening half a world away, but like I said I don't believe this war will be contained to just Israel and Iran.

It will spread, and very quickly at that. It will be like a whirlwind of sorts.
As someone stated before, it will only be a matter of time before Israel uses a nuke or two should they feel backed into a corner.

This is an extremely dangerous situation, and indeed all this pressure and tension will vent sooner rather that later.

Think about it... This will NOT drag on for much longer, it already has for the last 5 years. Its HIGHLY unlikely Iran are going to totally change their minds and break and give in to western pressure and simple stop enriching uranium.

They will not stop. Therefore, a military strike is inevitable! Its not hard to figure that out. It's coming.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Besides, on top of everything that is going on politically with this standoff, I am more than sure some people, somewhere within the echelons of power are PUSHING this conflict to come about, and would be doing everything within their power to to do so.

The United States is losing her grip on its reigns as the worlds superpower. Hasn't it always been said the best thing to pull a country, and even the world out of an economic depression is war?

Well if that's true, then BY GOD would TPTB want a war. Because I don't believe the world is simply in a depression, I believe we are on the verge of a totally catastrophic meltdown... We have reached a point in our civilizations development where we are literally facing a total collapse and break down.

Our worlds economy, technology, energy resources, ALL have en expiry date.
I believe we are fast approaching this expiry date and TPTB know it... They see a real potential for a game changing war, the middle-east war, and will be doing everything that can to ensure it comes about

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Nomad451]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Nomad451]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join