It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I like to believe.

But I dont know what to believe, all these consipiracies, ET's, Wars, NWO, media control list goes on. There are to many to take in. And for each conspiracy there is "evidence" but in every conspiracy evidence is interpretted in its own way. Let me give you an example:

Micheal Moore made the movie Bowling for Columbine. I started to believe the things that he said.

Then on internet a website shows up: www.hardylaw.net...
With its own "Evidence" that Moore is a lair.

So what is "The Truth"???? Every person makes his own truth. Based on the things he believes. For one the Truth is God, for the other the truth is Aliens. Yet another person believes this body is a prison and when he dies he "ascends" into a higher lifeform.

A guy says that the government is in contact with ET's, the other guy says that the government uses advanced technology to fake ET's.

Who to believe? What to believe? Is Bush a pawn of the NWO? Is there an military/industrial complex? Is there Zero-Point energy? Are world events all carefully engineered for a certain purpose?

Sometimes I wonder: "Whats the point of seeking an conspiracy behind everything?".

Maybe there arent any conspiracies, were all just making them up? Engineering vague evidence into the way we like it? And call the ones who think we are crazy ignorant?

We might be very alone in our lonely corner of the universe. The tought of never seeing someone intelligent out there frightens us. There is a huge universe out there, with no doubt life. But it might be so far away that we might never be able to contact them. So we make up stories that they visit us, we make up incredible stories that they have bases on Earth, the Moon and Mars.

Are these stories real? I think its up to yourself. Sometimes I think SciFi TV and Movies isn't enough and then I like to believe aliens destroyed ICBM's.

In SciFi were humanity is part of a huge community of space faring races. In SciFi we are part of something BIG. In SciFi we are significant to the universe! But in reality, we are alone. Never to be part of something big. Were just a bunch of insignificant people on a lonely planet in the galaxy. Maybe the next 500 years we will venture out of our solar system, only to find dead planets. That frightens people, and they go write articles like these: www.2012.com.au...

Or maybe we are visited by aliens. Either good or bad. That would be great!

When we were "primitive" people believed in God. Now that we have science we start to believe in other things. Will aliens be our next religion?

But my only choice now is to live my life. I will continue reading conspiracy stuff. And I will see the next 50 or more years of my life if aliens will come or if the NWO takes control.

Or maybe when i'm 70 years old, nothing significant happend.

What do you believe? Do you know what to believe, do you think you know the truth?

Because I really dont know what to believe.

Do you?

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Ice^^Heat]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow Ice^^Heat, quite the introspective, I see that you have a full plate of interests. Well, ATS is the place for you; no other board will feed your darkest fears; or provide the antidote: Reason and research. Rather than try to address each issue you have brought up, I will merely say take some time to browse around, feel free to use the search option, your answers may be contained within that oft overlooked site function; also, it may prevent some embarrassment for starting a thread topic for the 73rd time. There is every imaginable mindset contained within these hallowed electron halls, some are helpful, some not, some have an agenda hidden or otherwise. You decide. As for the NWO/Illuminati, we'll be keeping an "Eye" on you.

p.s Michael Moore is NOT a liar, he IS a big, fat, waste of protoplasm, #%*!#$%, liar. I feel better now.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Conspiracies are fun to discuss and analyze and since I found ATS anything can make sense in here.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What to believe?

Nothing. Don't believe anything you don't experience first hand. Even when you do experience it first hand, still doubt that it happened, until you have hard, physical proof that it did. (Photos, video tape, and word of mouth are not physical proof.)

Research everything. Try to get as many sources of information as you can on any given subject.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
I like to believe.

As long as that remains to be true, you shall never know the truth, you shall never have knowledge. Belief is the absense of knowledge, it is an assumption of truth of something, it is wishful thinking, it is pure desire and faith in what you WANT to be true, not what truly IS.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by lilblam]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Faith is exactly what the name neams. Funnily enough me and a friend of mine briefly brought this up today.

A definition of faith is as follows:

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.

What would faith be with conclusive evidence that what you're believing in is absolutely true? If you're asking what you should believe in, by wondering where the proof is to base a belief on, then it is no longer a belief.

Definition source

[Edited on 24/5/2004 by Lyriox]

[Edited on 24/5/2004 by Lyriox]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Sometimes I wonder: "Whats the point of seeking an conspiracy behind everything?".
Maybe there arent any conspiracies, were all just making them up? Engineering vague evidence into the way we like it? And call the ones who think we are crazy ignorant?

Firstly, great post Ice ^^Heat.

Sometimes the pursuit of truth is its own reward. I'm a truth addict. I think you'll find just as many (if not more) people on these boards that debunk conspiracies as those who believe them wholeheartedly. Debates and discussions like the ones on this board are intellictually stimulating, and as long as neither side of discussion gets too out of hand, everyone goes home happy. In my opinion you are better served by going on a quest for truth than you would be if someone just told you the answers.

You also bring up a good point about the "conspiracy community" in general: The blind assumption that you're right because you know the secret information that no one else does. Some people will call you a fool if you yell conspiracy about everything, others will call you a fool if you don't. We all need to be more open-minded to the possibility that we are wrong as well.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
For me, I wont believe anything unless I can experience it first hand, and that goes for religion and spiritualism, and psychic experiences, and UFOs and everything. Some things I can't experience, but they still peak my curiosity,alien abduction,political scandle, the NWO.
but my answer is and always will be, go by what you yourself experience, and dont take no ones word for anything. See my signature, it basically says it all for me.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

I like to believe.

As long as that remains to be true, you shall never know the truth, you shall never have knowledge. Belief is the absense of knowledge, it is an assumption of truth of something, it is wishful thinking, it is pure desire and faith in what you WANT to be true, not what truly IS.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by lilblam]

Good point, I started to believe. But then I came to doubt myself. I realized I was doing wishfull thinking by assuming things blindly that "reliable" people said.

But if I don't allow myself to believe, how will I fill the void of the truth I don't know?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

But if I don't allow myself to believe, how will I fill the void of the truth I don't know?

Seek to know it. Unless you are satisfied with filling the void with lies, that is. With enough effort, all can be known, because all there is is lessons.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by lilblam]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
believe nothing. deny everything (especially ignorance).

and oh yea- the truth is out there

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Seek to know it. Unless you are satisfied with filling the void with lies, that is. With enough effort, all can be known, because all there is is lessons.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by lilblam]

You're right.

But I'm a 17 year old living in The Netherlands. Doing a medium/low education.

The internet, books are the only recources at my disposal.

I don't work at the FBI like Fox Mulder

new topics

top topics

join