It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reflection on the Last Decade Thread:Highs, Lows, Top Conspiracies & Events-Let's Reminisce!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

I don't know if it's dawned on you folk yet but we are approaching 2010 and will be waving goodbye to the 00's (2000-2009).

Man, when I look back I think what a decade.

I just thought it would be nice to reminisce and chat about the Highs and Lows, the Major Conspiracy talking points, the Major issues.

Lets try not get into the nitty gritty and have an argument about say 911, Obama, the War on Terror and many others, but lets look back and reflect like dignified members of a the web's kick assiest conspiracy site!

For me, the major talking point would have to be 911. That day has changed our world like crazy, shucks it's what got me on ATS.

Obama - The First Black US president, I don't know about you or really care what our differences are with regards to him, but that was history in the making guys, I'm proud to have been alive to see it.

So my freinds, what have been the talking points for you in the last TEN YEARS, the discoveries, the controversies, the revelations, the emotional roller-coasters and the highs and lows?

Please be nice to each other, let's just look back, and forward to the next ten years (well 3 if you believe all that 2012 stuff!!!)

I'll miss the last decade, but I can't wait for the next ten years either!

I can't wait to hear from you all, all the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I was going to let this thread go, but then I really tried thinking about the last decade and realised that not a lot came to mind.

I know there must be a heap of old stories, conspiracies, ground breaking discoveries etc.

Please help ATS, the last 10 years can't be for nothing!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Oh I have one, the 2004 tsunami in Asia, I was up early on Boxing Day 2004, I saw the first headline come across the screen on the BBC:

"5 deaths reported in Thailand from Tsunami"

Seriously, who would have thought it would turn into over 250,000.

That is definitely one of the stand out memories of the "noughties" for me.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Definately 9/11 (and the Anthrax attacks) was the single, most massive conspiracy to me.

I wouldn't be here, on ATS, if 9/11 never happened.

I'd be a totally different person, perhaps.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The global financial collapse was a big one for me, especially as a lot of people saw it coming. Here in ireland, the lisbon treaty and how we were made to vote twice until we got it right

Thierry Henry's handball

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat
The global financial collapse was a big one for me, especially as a lot of people saw it coming. Here in ireland, the lisbon treaty and how we were made to vote twice until we got it right

Thierry Henry's handball

Haha yep right on both accounts, the biggest problem is I can see both those events happening again, as TPTB haven't really changed the systems to ensure it doesn't occur.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The low point being 9/11 of course.The funny point seeing Bush ducking a thrown shoe.Who would have thought he could move that well?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by AgentX09]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The low point being 9/11 of course.The funny point seeing Bush ducking a thrown shoe.Who would have thought he could move that well?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by AgentX09]

Yeah that one will stand out too, I guess the entire Bush Administration in general, for good and bad reasons will stand out!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As we're getting closer to New Years, I thought I'd give this a chance to stretch its legs; there must be some poignant stories from the last ten years worth discussing!

Kiwifoot.

top topics

join