It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Stats--Interesting--Wow! Obama 8%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you really want to analyze this how about the fact that we have so many lawyers in politics that how can any law pass that cuts into their profits? Tort reform anyone? Conflict of interest? It gets worse when you look at small town politics.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The biggest piece of propaganda foisted on the American people by the Bush administration was not the Iraq war, violation of civil rights, etc.
It was drilling into the minds of so called conservatives that alligence to business and corporate profit is patriotic! That anything that interferes with unregulated capitalism ( the so called free market ) is un American and violates the principles this nation was founded on.
Read some history. Nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

The biggest piece of propaganda foisted on the American people by the Bush administration was not the Iraq war, violation of civil rights, etc.
It was drilling into the minds of so called conservatives that alligence to business and corporate profit is patriotic! That anything that interferes with unregulated capitalism ( the so called free market ) is un American and violates the principles this nation was founded on.
Read some history. Nothing could be further from the truth.

OldDragger,

I am very conservative and very patriotic. But not because of something a political party has done. I dont buy into this nonsense from any of them. For I know that the economic system is rigged under both current political parties. And that is not to say that it would not be rigged under a third party as well.

Economics...real economics does not happen under patriotism. It happens for selfish individual reasons. Patriotism is a cheap placebo tool used by both parties to keep the public on a string and controlled for their votes. This is historically nothing new.

I am ok with patriotism..I am just very careful when I detect that the political process is using it to sell the very souls of the public. I smell a pile of dung. The best thing the political process can do is stay out of it.

As to a violation of civil rights..both political parties will use this as well when it is expedient and necessary to maintain control. I dont trust either party in this. History bears this out as well.

I especially dont trust the media to teach us anything of real value or power. For they are nothing more than shills for the political parties.
I learned this years ago when I got my first shortwave set and began to listen to news and informations...long before the home computer was available. I learned what a heavy paper curatain was actually over a so called "free people."

This is also one reason I dont watch sports or such drivel as "American Idol." These are just bread and circuses....just like Ancient Rome.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
Like most things Beck reports this is a complete and total fabrication.

mediamatters.org...

You beat me to it...

Glenn Beck is not a source for factual evidence. Ever.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Lillydale
So I guess career military personal are going around raping the US public of its money as well then? Just trying to understand your definition.

Sorry, Homie. Career politicians and career military are two different beasts.

An E-7 that retires from the military sure isn't making anything near what a congressman does when he retires.

Sigh. You did not respond anything about retirement profits. You responded to this

So in other words almost all of them have been doing whatever the government has told them all of their lives. Sounds a little bit fishy

Yes, that is right. You made this sweeping rape statement about people who have just been doing whatever the government has told them all of their lives. If you really meant something about how much money people make, you might have wanted to actually even hint at that in your response. Instead you just claimed that anyone that has just been taking orders from the government is some sort of public rapist. I asked you to clarify. Apparently you are not sure what that means. That means 'Hey, are you sure you did not mean something else like to talk about the money they make when they leave office?' You did not. If you really feel your response here is appropriate, I suggest you go back and read what it is you actually responded to to begin with.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Not all of them are getting kickbacks from lobbyiests (or however you spell that word).

Sure. Some of them only get clean honest money and that is it! I forget who though at the moment. Jerico, could you help me out and list a couple of those good honest people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join