It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blooming of a Medium

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wakingup
"I had a vision of my guide Feather who often remained silent, however she came through immediately and said my mom was very ill. It is rare that I get such strong messages as this. I said NO WAY!! And pushed it out of my mind"

How often did you say "NO WAY" and push it out of your mind on things you received? And when you did that did the messages continue to come to you?

Have you learned not to push them away ?

Great read. Darkblade ! I knew it was time :-)

I still say NO WAY a lot, and push things away, however, I am at the point now where it is now "KNOW WAY"
I quit running from it like I have my entire life and have accepted that it is time to do whatever I am to do. I leave it to the creator to put these things in place and I just kind of let it happen, like it is now.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Actually, and I will get to this in the story, but since it was asked. I still have a lot of self doubt a lot of the time. I accept that it is happening, but I still doubt myself, even with all of the proof I have been given, I still fight with myself internally a lot. I think perhaps it is to keep my ego in check so I don't think to highly of myself.
I'm sure a lot of the childhood abuse and bullying has a lot to do with that as well.
Something I have not overcome yet, is myself...lol

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In September 2007 we sold off the final remaining furniture and the car and got one way tickets to Alaska.
Unless you are flying from Washington state, it almost always takes two days to get there. Often you have to fly to Anchorage, and then island hop down the southeast coast, which is what we did. It was a fun ride the whole way. I give a lot of credit to the pilots who fly in and out of southeast Alaska, because you literally go up over a mountain and have to dive back down again to another town. Landings are rough and in some places the runway is small and goes over the water which means you don't see the runway through the windows when you land, you see water.
The brakes slam on so hard you would swear you were crashing. This was my forth time on a plane in 2 years coming into or out of Alaska, so I knew what to expect.
My girlfriend and daughter didn't and I couldn't help but laugh as their eyes got wide and they plastered themselves to the seats with death grips.
If you ever go up there, make sure you get a window seat, because in order to understand how isolated and big this place is, you have to see it by plane. Thousands of miles of coast, glaciers, mountains completely covered in pine. It really does blow the mind.

We landed safely in Petersburg and again, my uncle met us at the airport.
After getting our baggage situated back at my aunt and uncles house Christy and I went for a walk downtown so I could show her around. We didn't get more than a block down main street when I hear someone yell
"Hey!! Mr Don't burn the house down! What are you doing here??!?!"
I looked across the street and saw two of my buddies, both of which had lived with Shaggy at one point, and one of them was still living there when the trailer burnt down.We crossed the street and started to talk with them for a little bit. They were kind of drunk so we didn't stick around long because I still had a lot to show Christy.

We started to head towards the harbor so I could show her the docks. In Petersburg, there is a harbor that can hold over 1500 fishing vessels of various sizes from small 24 foot boats to large coast guard research vessels and sometimes ferries. As we were walking to the harbor, I mentioned the sea lions and said "If you see one at the end of the dock, don't go to the end,just keep an eye on them"
I don't think she believed me, or maybe just didn't understand how serious I was but once we got down to the dock and started to walk one of the fingers, that quickly changed. If you have not been around a sea lion, it can be quite a scare when you do first encounter them. She was just saying something about not being worried about it when one popped up right next to us, probably less than 5 feet and it blew spray like a whale and looked right at Christy. I started to laugh at that point. "I told you so" I said.
We kind of walked down the dock a little slower, the sea lion following us,popping its head out of the water, making a spray noise, and then going under again, all the way to the end of the dock, and all the way back, it followed us. I was smiling inside. This was home, and this creature was welcoming us.
I knew before we left Minnesota that I wouldn't have a problem finding a job for either of us, the place has more jobs than people in the summer, although this was fall, I was in good with the company I was working for before I left, and figured we could both get a job. We had talked about it back in MN, I even said
"Watch, I bet when I get back there, they will throw me in the dairy, I hope not."
I was correct, when we applied, we both got jobs, at first I was hired as a cashier, which I thought was awesome because I had so much fun doing that last time, and then when we came back in for the paper signings, I was informed that their dairy manager was quitting and I would be taking over the dairy. At first I thought that would be very cool! A dairy manager! YAY! In the long run it was a huge mistake on my behalf, as the job totally stressed me out. The dairy manager Bonnie trained me in for a few weeks, and then left, and I was stuck not knowing what I was doing, but I did it anyways. There are two grocery stores on that Island, the big one I was at, and a little IGA downtown, and that's it for groceries. My job was to keep an entire island in eggs, milk and about 600 other products that expire fairly fast. You order three weeks in advance, and as the old dairy manager used to put it, you need to be psychic in order to do this job. She was not kidding even if she was. I don't think I told her I was a psychic, but that comment was one of the funniest I have ever heard, because, even as a psychic, it was damn hard work, and I think only once in 2 years, I ran out of eggs, might of ran out of milk maybe 3 times...not bad for someone who had not a clue what they were doing.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is a video someone made about the Petersburg docks, it should give you an idea of the harbor. It is actually the same finger that we were walking down with the sea lion

Here is from the window of a plane landing in Petersburg, I didn't make any of these videos, thanks to whoever did!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Alaska is a beautiful place I've always wanted to visit on vacation, but I couldn't live there. I hate the cold!
And driving in snow totally stresses me out!
Still following your story.

edit on 10/5/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Assistant Manager of the store became a friend of mine, and one day at work I was drawing a picture of a dragon with flames blowing from it's mouth and he saw it. He was amazed by it and asked why I was doing the kind of work I was, instead of making a living in art. I signed it and gave him the picture.
About a week later he told me he framed it so I had to go take a look, and while we were looking at the picture he asked me something.
"So, you think you're a psychic huh?"
I answered with "No Dennis, I am a medium"
He looked at me funny and then asked "What's the difference?"
"All Mediums are psychic Dennis, but not all psychics are Mediums"
He still didn't understand so I explained that I can occasionally communicate with people who have crossed over, and not all psychics can do that.
"well how does that work?"
"I'm not sure exactly, it is just something I can do sometimes, people used to just be able to ask me and I would see the answers,but that was a while ago and I am not practicing"
I could see he was genuinely curious at this point, and I was just waiting for the next question. I knew it was coming. I started to feel uncomfortable, this is my boss even though he was my friend, and I don't take that lightly, the last thing I want is to make a fool out of myself, I do that plenty well in my day to day world just being myself, so I was kind of worried when he asked me. This is where my self doubts come it, although spirit has never let me down, I still worry sometimes, most of the time. Although I have realized now, that when I look for a spirit, if it is there, and it wants to communicate, it will. Sometimes, there is no spirit, so there is nothing to tell.
"Do you see anything for me?"
An image came to mind, kind of slowly at first, but it was there.
"yeah Dennis, I do see somebody, I see a girl, about 25, she is smiling and waving at me"
I described what I was seeing and I noticed his face kind of went blank for a second, I was thinking I was way off.
"No way!" He said. I was persistent because the spirit of this woman was still there smiling.
"Yeah, Dennis, I see her plain as day."
Then she changed, suddenly she was wearing a ladybug costume. When I repeated that back to him I thought he was going to go through the roof. His expression totally changed, he knew exactly who it was. I saw a tear run down his face, and he quietly asked, "Is she ok?"
"Yes Dennis, she is fine, she is proud of you"
At this point I won't go into any more detail other than to say it was his girlfriend who had committed suicide several years before. Something neither one of us suspected.
This was actually the last spirit I had contact with for about 3 years. My job and the stress of my job and the life style we were living over ran any sort of spirit contact, although I had several connections with animals, spirit remained quiet, and again, I was grateful for that. The company and I parted ways due to several reasons, and I went down to their competitor and applied for a job. I got hired on as a cashier at the same rate of pay as a dairy manager and was much happier. I got married to Christy in July of 2009, and life was going good again, but spirit was silent. Most likely I was blocking. In 2010 my daughters ceiling collapsed in her room and the landlord didn't fix it,along with various other problems including not being able to find a place to move to.
Christy's family offered to buy us tickets out of Alaska and down to Texas. In a move of haste and bad judgement, we went. That was a huge mistake, although, everything happens for a reason.
Texas was hot, and family issues between my wife and her family made it a very bad move for us, and not because of anything we did. Also I couldn't find a job, and the applications kept getting farther and farther away. I couldn't get a face to face interview, everything was online, so all you could do was fill them out and wait. I have never had a job interview I did not get, I just needed a chance to look an employer in the eye. It was becoming more and more hopeless by the day and I could feel the depression coming back, something had to change.
It came in a message on Facebook, my oldest son had attempted suicide.
I was on a bus back to Minnesota the next day.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yep, that would be the way to do it. A great place to visit, but would you want to live there?
Most people would say no way if they really knew.
People don't realize it is a temperate rain forest there.
You can go months without seeing the sun. Cloudy and rain.
We called it liquid sunshine!

But yeah, living there can get to be a bummer.
When you realize there is only one road, and it goes out to the end of the island, about 28 miles, and no fast food,no walmart,everything nice has got to be flown in and out so it gets really expensive.
But if you love nature, it is like living in a national geographic magazine!
And the fishing is the best in the world, so I was happy...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
"Yes Dennis, she is fine, she is proud of you"

Dennis, buddy, if you are out there and someday read this, never forget that, ok?

He used to come over to my house and get me to shotgun a beer and then laugh at me when I would be hanging over my porch throwing it up. It never failed. I even knew it was going happen, but I would do it every time, just because.

He gets two thumbs up for coolness

A song for Dennis!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My brother met me in Minneapolis to drive me back up to Hibbing.
My son was ok, he ended up in a psych ward for a few days, and they found out he was bi-polar and the medication he was on was only for depression, so they gave him a mood stabilizer and he balanced out.
We had a long talk and I am so glad he didn't kill himself, that poor kid had been through so much with medication switches and a bunch of other stuff, but he is better now. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. The bus ride was awful, I couldn't stop worrying. I didn't know if he was dead or not. I was so relieved to find out he was doing ok.
*whew*
A close call there.

I found myself staying at my moms again, and I had not been there in a few years. The house was a mess, while I was gone, my mom had just kind of gave up on everything. When I came back, I started to clean the place out. I spent 2 months of non stop cleaning. Once my tax return came around, my brother and I drove back down to Texas to get Christy and Sarah, and then came back up. We ended up staying at my moms a lot longer than we were planning and then my family and I started to argue, and well, it was time to leave. Christy found a job at walmart but I couldn't find anything. Taco John's wouldn't hire me back, and it was the first time I ever heard anyone say I was to old, but that's what happened. I had left on good terms, but, *shrug* Their loss.
It kind of put me in a pickle because I couldn't find work, I was pretty much giving up.
We moved into a big apartment building that we used to live in before we went to Alaska.

The first week there I kept feeling like something was coming in and out of the apartment, so one day I grabbed my camera and shot some pictures.
People say these are reflections, and maybe some are, but the feelings, I KNEW something was there.
I did a thread on some of the pictures here:
Orb photo I took Myself
People determined it was lights or dust.
I didn't post these of my daughter and me first telling whatever it was to not show up, and then saying go ahead, and snapping another picture.

No Orb

Orb

I could feel things checking me out.
Almost like I was being inspected, or welcomed to the building.
It was very strange.
It was now January, and my wife had given me a painting set for Christmas.I wanted to start painting again after so many years.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the tips, will deffinately give them a burl.
In the mean time I have been reading another of AAB's works which for the most part are quite correct and resonating and it has answered some of my questions also.

will come back and read the rest of your thread soon.

have a great day

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Looking forward to the next instalment

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I am hoping to add to it this evening,
if I get a chance

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I am hoping to add to it this evening,
if I get a chance

We're are waiting patiently............................

2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I know, sorry about that.
I just got slammed with a bunch of apartments to do,
so it might be a few days.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Still holding out hope

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Still holding out hope

Hanging in there with you, dodgy!

DB.... you stated everything is quite on here lately (on my thread). So now is a good time to finish this up for those of us still hanging around... waiting.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I know, just waiting for the creative writing burst to come out. Seem to be in a painting mood so I am going with that, not meaning to leave everyone hanging. I tend to go from draw to paint to write...lol

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

just when it was getting good
you're not gonna finish are you?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hi Darkblade--I was thinking more along the lines of this vid--

youtu.be...

I've been lurking here for years and I enjoy your posts so--if you ever get your story all down--lemme know--I'm a writer. I might could help.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't care what that guys says...like I'm bugging you....so what. YOU started the story now finish it.
pretty please.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join