It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blooming of a Medium

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Alaska was a lot of fun, and I connected back with parts of myself that were missing for years. I wasn't doing any spirit work in the sense of readings, but in just existing among fellow co-workers. It is a funny thing when you are like me, you don't really think about some things, you just do them. I remember having grocery cart races with the baggers and one of the cashiers at one point stopped me and yelled at me to act my age. I laughed and told her she was just jealous. I was having the time of my life. The job was great, I was meeting old friends I knew as a kid, and amazingly, most of the people I knew growing up where still there. I kind of kept a lid on the psychic stuff, Shaggy knew, his buddies knew, but no one else really did. People would come through my line at work and tell me about remembering me growing up,and how they couldn't believe I was here, and that I had grown up. Any time someone would come through my line that looked upset, I would crack a joke or something, just to make their day a little better. To me, that is what is important, to leave someone in a better mood than when I first encountered them. I ended up taking a butcher job in the store, well, butcher in training anyways, and then all I did was work, non stop from morning to night as wild game season started up and we were super busy at work and after hours.
Then one day I was sitting outside having a cigarette and I saw two ravens on the top of the building. Something clicked when they cawed.... I knew something was wrong, and I asked straight out, what now??!?
I had a vision of my guide Feather who often remained silent, however she came through immediately and said my mom was very ill. It is rare that I get such strong messages as this. I said NO WAY!! And pushed it out of my mind.
My uncle walked into the store a couple of hours later and told me I had to go home back to Minnesota, my mom was very ill, and they didn't know what was wrong with her. I was kind of in shock after that. I wandered around work in a daze. I couldn't call home, I was scared to.
I eventually got up the nerve and called my mom, I had not talked to her in a few months, and when she answered I could feel the loss of energy that was draining from her. I asked what was wrong, and she said she had been bleeding internally and they were going to be doing tests on her asap.
I knew right away it was cancer. I made arrangements and flew back to Minnesota a few days later.
Shaggy had driven me to the airport, and before we parted ways, I poked him in the chest and said
"Do not burn the house down, I have stuff I cannot afford to lose in there",
He laughed and said he wouldn't.
I got on the plane and flew back.
There was a lot that occurred over the next few months, my mom was found to have a very aggressive form of cervical cancer, normally it is measured in milometers, and this was the size of a softball, and it was eating her alive. When I left for Alaska, I had kind of suspected something was wrong, but she seemed ok, I found out later that she had been bleeding for a while, but did not tell anyone. I would not of left for Alaska had I known that.
When I left AK I had a round trip ticket back , and only two weeks to spend in Minnesota, I was planning on returning, even though my mom was sick. My family had rallied around her and all seemed going well, all things considered. It was almost the end of December, a few days before Christmas when I arrived, I was thinking at least I could spend time with her for Christmas.
Christmas day my aunt called from Alaska and told me to sit down, she needed to tell me something, and I knew it was going to be bad. "There are 30 foot flames coming out of your trailer".
I don't remember what else she said, just that and that she would go and see if there was anything of mine to recover after the fire was out out.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

WOW!
Sorry about the fire, and your mom.

Looking forward to more of your story...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The next day they went into what was left of the trailer,it was a complete loss, the fire was so hot that it melted the tools in the front porch, and the floor was gone, walls with holes....all gone...accept for my bedroom. At one point when I was living there, I somehow acquired a ravens feather, someone came up to me one day and told me that I needed to have this and gave it to me, I don't remember who it was, but I knew when I got it that it was really for me.
I had put it up on the wall next to my door along with a card I had bought while I was there that had a Raven totem on it, and when I did that, I just kind of knew that this was a form of protection, against what I was not sure, but I knew against something. I was told that the fire went completely around my room, fried both other bedrooms, the kitchen, living room, the only room left that survived almost unscathed was mine. There was a lot of smoke damage, but the firemen managed to get in through my window, and the saved my computer by throwing a fireman's jacket over it. All of my important papers, birth cirtificate, my real dads obituary, all of my super important papers survived where everything else did not.

I guess when my aunt entered my room with Shaggy, he went right for the feather,card and my tarot cards and handed them to my aunt and made her promise that I got these back. Then they emptied my room. I had a few hundred bucks worth of change, and she cashed that in and sent me the money and said I could pick up the rest of my stuff when I came back.

After hearing about the fire, looking at how sick my mom was, and just feeling like I had to stay, I missed my flight home, called work and told them I would not be returning as my mom was very ill and I had no place to stay, even though Shaggy had found a place I could bunk in until I found another apartment. The town took up a collection for Shaggy, and during all of this, he met a girl named Cathy, and he called me about 3 months later to tell me he was getting married. My first question was "Is she pregnant?" To which he laughed and said no. He called me back a month later to tell me that she was pregnant.

I went with my mom to a lot of her appointments, many of which were in Duluth, about 90 miles away. One day I walked into the hospital and this girl came up and gave me a big hug and said Oh my God! Dan! I didn't recognize her at first, and then I took a good look at her face and realized it was an x girlfriend from high school.
I was single at the time and really wanted to talk a bit more with her, so I started to pop in a lot more to say hi, she was married, and I wasn't interested in anything, but at the time, I just felt I needed to be there and talk. It was strange. Then, after stopping in a few times, she looked at me and goes..."look over there!"
And I looked. My old high school teacher was sitting on a bench with his wife. Now, you have to understand that this teacher was not a normal teacher. When I was in high school I was spiritually aware, and one day, him and I experienced telepathy together, I was reading some book I had found in the Duluth library that was written around 1920 about ESP, and in it was a telepathy experiment, long story short, without him knowing, while he was sitting at his desk, I sent him an image, and he suddenly looked up- from his desk, right at me, and said Goat, which was what I was sending him because he reminded me of an old goat. He was a very cool teacher, looked a lot like Gandalph from the movie the lord of the rings, and he wore an amulet of some kind, most definitely native in structure. I remember at one point he had made a comment to me about him being an eagle, and I did not get it then like I do now, that was his animal guide, the eagle.
When I saw him, he looked very ill, he was also dealing with cancer. He smiled at me, but didn't say much, and I had to go so I didn't get a chance to really sit and talk with him, but he did say that he still had the paintings he bought from me many years earlier, and that when he died, they were willed back to my mother because she was very upset with me for selling them in the first place. Every painting I did in high school sold immediately to the teachers, Rick in particular bought 2 of them, and said there was something special about them, but to this day I don't know what. He died a few years ago, and his wife contacted me to send the painting to an address, but I was in Texas, and did not get the message until much later, and when I responded, there was no answer.
He was the teacher in school who inspired me and kept me going on a spirit/psychic path. He would throw out hints here and there, and when I would have a behavior problem, his head would hurt so bad that he would put his head down on the desk and almost scream in pain. I knew back then he was sensing me somehow in the way he acted when I would act out. Even back then I was aware on some level.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

This is the card and feathers,
I have since had a few more come to me

You can see the discoloration still from the fire, even though it happened about 7 years ago.
I never really cleaned it off.

This is now the first thing one sees when they walk into my apartment.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My moms cancer treatments went very well, although after her first chemo treatment she had a heart attack and then had three stints put in, (they found 6 blockages, but only could reach 3) but after they cleared the blockages and the chemo took effect, the color came back in her hair, and she became much more healthy very quickly. When they removed the cancer, they found it had not spread even though it had grown the the size of a softball, it stayed local. I spent the next few months assisting her with colostomy bags, liver, kidneys, every kind of bag you could hang out of someone, she had them, I think 5 or 6 of them when she first got home, and slowly they would be removed over time and she became healthy again.

I went back to work at Taco John's. This time I was a lot more open about being psychic, and eventually I was asked to bring a deck of tarot to a party one night. I don't remember the readings I gave, accept for one. One of the girls I worked with wanted me to do a spread for her, so I laid out the cards and right away I saw myself in them. I gave her her reading and instead of saying it was me, because I had no interest in this girl at all, I said a dark haired man, to which everyone went OOOOOOOO and we all laughed at it. When I was done, she said she wanted to show me something with the cards. I handed them to her, she shuffled, and I watched as she flipped face card after face card over, king, queen, knight, king, queen, knight, at first I thought it was a fluke, but she kept doing it over and over. I was impressed, I had never seen that before, and I asked if she read cards and she said no, but it was something she always just could do.

That night on the way home, the car started to slide on the ice and we were sitting in the back seat and she grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go, and I got a feeling from her touch I never experienced before. I just knew something was up, I could feel it in her touch on a level that wasn't "normal". She wouldn't let go until we dropped me off at my moms. Then I forgot about it, sort of.

She was having problems with her boyfriend, and I could not understand how someone would put up with half of what she was dealing with. I felt bad for her and her daughter. My manager had asked me around this time if I wanted to shoot darts in dart league with them, and I was all for that, as I used to be in league long before I got sick. Had several trophies even. The dart league games were an excuse to party too, once a week we would all go out and do league and have a blast. Then the girl I did the reading for started to come with and cheer us on. I noticed that her boyfriend was never along, and had even asked why he didn't come with, but apparently he preferred to stay at home, drink a lot. I don't remember how it all exactly happened, but eventually we admitted that we were having feelings for each other, and I told her that I would have no part of anything at all until she was single. The next day she came into work and informed me that he was gone, she had kicked him out because of something that had happened.
A few days later, after I was sure it was really happening, and it was over between them, I moved in. That reading was dead on, and I was involved. It was not the first time I had seen myself in someones cards, however, I was not attracted to her until she touched my hand, because it was a magical touch, I have no other way to describe it. It touched my soul instead of my hand.
I had given up on Alaska, I figured I would never make it back there, and honestly, as much as I loved it, I was lonely there. I had always wished I had someone to show it to.
I brought up Alaska to her, and she didn't even blink and said it sounded like fun, "Let's Go!" so I made plans for us all to move to Alaska and started saving. It was going to take a while, because now I was moving not only myself, but a woman and her 2 year old daughter. My mom at this point had pretty much recovered, so I was ready to go.

As soon as I put those plans into place, within maybe a few weeks, I was approached at work by a guy who wanted to buy my grandma's house. It had sat vacant since my divorce, I could not live there as there was way to many memories, lots of them not good, associated with it. It brought back a lot of pain so I was more than happy to sell it. It was slowly rotting, and I couldn't afford the taxes, let alone fixing the roof,septic system and plumbing, and multiple other things I just did not know how to do. My family had offered over the years to help, but when it came down to it, no one ever did. It was funny, they got mad when I sold it, but yet no one helped me when I needed the help with it, they just couldn't understand that I was poor and did not have carpentry knowledge. My mom understood, but the rest, Uncles in particular were upset, although it rarely was discussed.
I sold the house dirt cheap
(Because that was all it was worth honestly)
and gave a 4 month notice.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

WOW!
Sorry about the fire, and your mom.

Looking forward to more of your story...

Everything for a reason I believe!

Mom is ok, and the fire, well,
things all kind of worked out with that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am totally blown away about the part where the fire burned everything but your bedroom!

That is just WILD! I'm happy you got your painting and the feathers back. Great painting too, I might add!
Also, happy to hear your mom recovered from the cancer and heart attack. Wow, what a life you've had! Awesome!

edit on 10/3/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah, the fire really kind of spooked everyone.
Shaggy especially.
There is kind of a funny little story with that and my return, but I will get to that soon enough.
See what I mean about it just kind of pours out?
This is all off of memory, with no proof reading until it is on the thread. My fingers go nuts and I just speak the story out loud and type as I go.
It is meant to come out

Although I just realized a part I forgot....will fill in under this post.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: added to post.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I almost forgot another incident.
When I first came back from Alaska, and had helped my mom out a little, I had met a girl who seemed rather cool at first, we had all the same tastes in music etc, and I started to hang at her house, she was in the process of being evicted though, so I moved her into my grandma's house and I tried to stay there again for a little while.
She liked to drink a lot, and had some friends down the street who were very cool, but she didn't like me hanging out with them because well, I don't know why, She asked me one night when we over if I had any feelings about her getting into her little tracker that she had and her and her friend going for a ride into the mines.
I told her it wasn't a good idea. She asked if that was a psychic thing or not, and I just repeated it is not a good idea. I knew she was going to get into trouble, but at this point, I was just going to let it happen. She gave me a mad look and took off in her tracker, when they were coming out of the mines, she came out to fast and took off the bumper of a car right in front of my house. Shortly there after we split up because I saw she would not take responsibility for her actions and screwed over my neighbor by not paying for, or even talking to them about it. I'm kind of glad she didn't listen to me though, because it was not working out in the least. I think we lasted for about 4 months. I had to basically evict her from the house and she trashed it when she left.

A song for Shaggy at this point, he deserves it

I know you are not reading this yet Shaggy, but some day you will and this is for you:

edit on 3-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: Added a vid for Shag

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anyone getting bored yet?
It is a looooong story.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It is a looooong story.

NEVER!!! But I have to leave for work now. Have a good night. Great stories!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It is a looooong story.

Do you seriously think anyone thinks your stories are boring?

Now you can direct people to just 1 thread instead of this one or that one and here's this link to a website.....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It is a looooong story.

Nope. Not even close.

Get cracking brother, where's the rest?

(school holidays here and avoiding housework x)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just a short one here. My second encounter with a schizophrenic was much more interesting than the first time. A guy my girlfriend knew came over one day and when he came in my daughter fell and I had a vision of this He-Man doll with a Betty Boop head on it standing in the hallway next to him. It was a very fast vision of something standing in a spotlight. I had never seen anything like it.
I wrote a thread about it here:Psychic Vision of a Schizophrenic's "Demon"
I determined in the end that it was a Tulpa created by his own fragmented mind and childhood trauma.
5 years after I was still wondering about it as I had not looked into these things yet. I just experience and then research after sometimes, most of the time actually, and after reading up on what tulpas are and what I understand of psychology and how the psychic/spirit world kind of works,I could see it being this. They exist as far as I am concerned. I was watching an episode the other day on shadow people and the psychic was explaining about poltergeists created by the human mind and energy, to me this would be a Tulpa. Terminology and labels really, basically the mind and energy system fragment and a Tulpa is born, or at least in his case it did,because I don't think I would of seen it if it was not there on some level, and it tripped little Sarah.
But that is just my opinion and guess based on seeing it and then learning that he was mentally ill and seeing his reactions down the road. It was one of the more interesting threads I have done.
A few months after this we we moved back to Alaska.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Well......... that was interesting (to say the least!). A tulpa of a male doll with a female head. If that thing ever does come into full existence, I bet some people are going to question their sanity when they see it! They will eventually take on a life of their on. The only way to get rid of them is by the "creator" of the tulpa to ignore it, and even then, it takes quite some time for it to lose it's power to stick around.

Interesting!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Just seeing what I was seeing was enough to make me go HUH!??!

for a few years.
I've seen some pretty odd things, but that has been the oddest.
So far, that is the only vision that didn't seem natural for lack of a better way to term it.
If it had not tripped Sarah, I would of thought it was just a thought form or maybe I was seeing into his head or something, but it tripped her, which means it was real enough to effect the physical world.
The last time I saw the guy, I didn't see anything like that,although he looked pretty messed up.
It could of gone away.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm wondering if you could please reccomend any books on this subject that you have found helpful in educating yourself?

You can never read too much, well that's how I feel anyway.
and
Have you ever had your 'spirit' self called/summoned into another persons presence before?
Have you heard of this being done?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"I had a vision of my guide Feather who often remained silent, however she came through immediately and said my mom was very ill. It is rare that I get such strong messages as this. I said NO WAY!! And pushed it out of my mind"

How often did you say "NO WAY" and push it out of your mind on things you received? And when you did that did the messages continue to come to you?

Have you learned not to push them away ?

Great read. Darkblade ! I knew it was time :-)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Sure, although I prefer to experience and then look up things I experience, I have a few that I can recommend that helped me a lot in my journey:

The Eagle and the Rose, By Rosemary Altea:
The Eagle and the Rose
When I first started to really get into psychic awareness when I was older,
it was one of the first books I read.

Hand of Light and Light Emerging
When I was exploring healing and auras I got this book because it showed on the cover what I was seeing in my mind with healing energy:
Hands of Light/Light Emerging

James Van Praagh's Heaven and Earth:Making the Psychic Connection
And Meditations With James Van Praagh:
James Van Praagh's bookstore
The Meditations book is full of very good visualization meditations, it works great.
The psychic Connection book is also very good, but is a beginners guide more than anything else. It does explain a lot of things about psychic experiences, very good book.

The Celestine Prophecy
This book is one that is a STORY, however the teaching of synchronicity in it is VERY good. If you follow the books suggestions, it could lead you on a very unexpected journey to your purpose.
Celestine Vision:James Redfield
I tried to link just to the book, but you gotta use the menu on the left side to enter the bookstore I guess.

Back in High School I read this book and wrote a long book report on it. The Teachers were kind of shocked that someone as young as I would be interested in these things, but I got an A on the report and told that they hoped I would do more reports like that, I never did.
Aurthor Ford Speaks from Beyond

Off the top of my head, that is about it.
The Eagle and The Rose and Heaven and Earth were both AWESOME books for learning and understanding some things.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Have you ever had your 'spirit' self called/summoned into another persons presence before?
Have you heard of this being done?

Not without my allowing it to happen. I have experienced going to another person many times in spirit form, although I am not quite sure how it works. A long time ago I did some experiments online with some friends in Spiritweb before it closed where we would "dream walk" and visit each other in dreams. It worked somewhat, but when visiting in dreams you are at the mercy of the others dream so all sorts of freaky things could happen, a lot of people got embarrassed.
Something I have often wondered about is actually moving my spirit to another place, when I have visions of someones energy system, or something along those lines from a distance I have wondered if it was me going there, or if it is just a guided vision. I will visually tell my guides to go look at something, and then wait for the information or vision or whatever comes out, but I have never been "summoned".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join