It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blooming of a Medium

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wakingup

Thank you for the compliment

Yeah, it's getting cold now. We had snow a few nights ago, but it all melted by morning.
I'm hoping to sit down and write a bit more but when I think about it, I don't know where to start really.

I'll figure that out soon though.

Already going over it in my head, have been since yesterday..lol

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I hope that you don't mind questions interrupting your train-of-thought-timeline Darkblade.

I have a couple after reading your story, if you don't mind. If not, then please continue.

You mentioned the medium John Edwards. I wonder if you think he's legit or not?
I used to think so but there is so much opinion out there that he's just a cold-reader that I'm not so sure any more.

Also, in your opinion, what is the difference between a medium and channelled information? Generally I'm skeptical of channelled info - especially when it comes in the form of prophecy. I've been mulling this over even since reading, participating and researching this thread by The Gut Dalai Lama Consults Trance Channeled Entities!
I've been asking myself how a crossed entity has access to future events.

Your thoughts?

edit on 28/9/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

I hope that you don't mind questions interrupting your train-of-thought-timeline Darkblade.

I have a couple after reading your story, if you don't mind. If not, then please continue.

I used to think so but there is so much opinion out there that he's just a cold-reader that I'm not so sure any more.

Also, in your opinion, what is the difference between a medium and channelled information? Generally I'm skeptical of channelled info - especially when it comes in the form of prophecy. I've been mulling this over even since reading, participating and researching this thread by The Gut Dalai Lama Consults Trance Channeled Entities!

Your thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing since I saw a thread here not too long ago where it was in the news that John Edwards admitted that he was a fake.
I think someone paid him off to say that because I have seen too many of his shows where he told things that the people didn't know about only to find out it was true from another family member. If those people were lying, or actors, they sure were good at it!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Also, in your opinion, what is the difference between a medium and channeled information? Generally I'm skeptical of channelled info - especially when it comes in the form of prophecy. I've been mulling this over even since reading, participating and researching this thread by The Gut Dalai Lama Consults Trance Channeled Entities!

Your thoughts?

I don't mind questions at all, I welcome them. It is also how I work things out. I don't understand much of it myself so as I go over experiences etc, it gives me a chance to examine them as well, although chances are I have examined something to death already before I put it out for people to read.

This is just my opinion on John Edward, and I base this on my own experience.
I was fascinated with his show when it was running. At the time, he was about the only US medium on tv, so it was all I had to watch, and real or not, what he said when I had my epiphany was good enough for me.
That being said...
If he is like anyone else, which he is, there is NO WAY in my opinion he could continuously give readings one after another and be legit in the sense of not making some things up or mixing signals from spirits. He might be a medium, but from what I have seen and experienced, you cannot get all of that information over and over again and have it correct. Also something else that has always bothered me about John Edward is that he does not give closure in my opinion, he reads and moves on, leaving people hanging so to speak. To me, that is just wrong. It reminds me of Dr Phill, who tries to fix someone in half an hour. What I have understood mediumship to be is to close wounds that create harm that disrupts a persons life, they cannot move on from a death and because of that fact, the spirit of someone else is often bound to them until they can get closure. The spirit wants them to move on and remember them, but not in such a way as to damage their own lives, which happens a lot with people who cannot seem to break out of the grieving cycle. Ultimately to me, that is what this ability is for. There are other aspects, but mainly it is to get closure between those who are here and those whop are on the other side watching someone suffer because they cannot let go. John Edward, from what I saw on TV when I watched, does not offer closure, only a fast glance, real or not, in my opinion, that is the wrong way to do it. I guess I would have to look at what would happen to me in his shoes and what I understand Hollywood to be. I know for certain that Hollywood producers will take a psychic and turn what they are into something MUCH bigger. That is the point of Hollywood, to make things so much more grand than it really is.
It is also the reason that James Van Praagh co produces everything he does for tv, to try to stop them from turning what is, into something that is not. I cannot speak for John Edward, but my guess is that he fell for Hollywood's "delusion of grandeur" for lack of a better way to put it. Do I think he is real? I think he is real as in is a psychic, but I know you cannot get it continuously like that and be completely accurate, in fact, that kind of reading would mess you up in the long run I would think. Which I am guessing is kind of what happened to John Edward. I am sure he cold reads too, as a good psychic will take in ALL information, including body language.
I don't think you can get specifics from body language though, only emotional states and reactions to things already said. I know from my own experience, as I rely on the person who got the reading to tell me if I am correct or not,that body language is one of those keys that tells me if I am correct or not. So in a sense, it IS a part of reading, however, a true cold reading would not result in verification from spirit, which is always required in my book. I don't know how someone would get that in about 2 minutes like John Edward. Also, if it seems to good to be true than it most likely is comes to mind as well.
I gotta run for a bit and get some work done, will come back later and add about channeling, as it is something I have only in the last few years experienced openly.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Channeled information from my own guides on a thread here:
Spirit Guide Help

Ok, I am back from the store. That was a very interesting walk as I overshot my target on the way home because I was lost in my own head LOL!! Added an extra two blocks to the walk.
So I put forth to my guides the question of "dark" spirit guides, and as best as I can tell, this is the message I get.

The spirit world is full of every kind of energy you can think of and things you cannot think of.
Energy and consciousness co-exist within each other as one being.
This being is what we call "God".
The great consciousness acts much like a diamond. It is filled with light, and within that light resides everything that was, is, or possibly will be. All things are possible in spirit. It is a hologram of consciousness. A spirit guide is within the light. Their job is to gently guide the chosen being into a path of consciousness that will keep them in harmony with total consciousness and the light.They try to protect us from dark energies that we cannot see, and often times will impart wisdom into their "client" at the oddest times, making one wonder where they got their own information from. They come in groups of usually 2 or more, and although some are life long, many come when we need something specific, and then they and we, part ways. We are all sparks in the fire of the creator. Dark entities are beings that left the sphere of consciousness and tried to make their own spheres. They reside outside "the light". Beings outside of this sphere are called "the fallen" for lack of a better term. They are not spirit guides, they are mischievous, cruel, beings that want nothing more than to watch mankind suffer as they do. They often open up a person to illness, making things worse than what they once were. Instead of leading on a path of alignment with the light, they will begin to drag you through the mud. You will still have the mystical experience you seek, however the end result will usually end in ruin. A psychic vampire if you will, they drain the energy from your body making it unable to fight off physical,emotional and energy infections.

Ok... I am going to go back to knowing nothing now... lol That was from my guide "Feather" as best as I could put it into words.

As I understand channeling,this would be that type of information. Seems channeling is metaphysical information that comes from the higher self or "guides" depending on what information is being asked or accessed. My guides spill out all kinds of wild stuff sometimes when I ask about things, but I never take that information as truth, only an interesting aspect. To me that is what channeled information is for, a possible look at something from the perspective of a being outside the human. This is not the same as mediumship as mediumship is information passed from a deceased loved one or someone who died, with specific information to give to another person.

To me channeling and mediumship are not the same thing. They do come through the same channels in the mind, however channeled information if for everyone, and is a spirits perspective on a metaphysical topic,. It does not make it correct, just another view.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

I don't have the answer to this one. I will address it as best I can though.
When it comes to contact with deceased loved ones, often the "future" that they see is directly in association with the person the information is for, usually warnings that health issues, family issues etc are about to unfold. I don't think they can predict future events such as human created tragedy on a larger scale because just like us, they are bound to the chaos of human nature. Meaning free will. They don't see what has happened yet because it could change. Now if it was something that is already in motion, I could see them giving warnings of that nature, but that has never happened with me. Just speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your explanation of what spirit guides are is the best I've heard lately. Easily understood.

As for the spirits knowing the future, I know how this happens, but I don't know if I can explain it for others to understand. But..... I'll give it a go....

There are time lines and patterns that contain the future. The future is already mapped out with events. We can tap into these future events by going to a particular time line event. However, if we don't like what we see there, we can change the course of this event happening by changing the events that lead up to it, or at least delay it's happening.
So a spirit can see these events from the spiritual world and tell us what is about to happen as a warning to give us time to prepare, or do something to change the event from happening.
Did that make any sense?

I don't know how you feel about David Wilcock, but he does a great job here of explaining the time line, and going into the future. It is a long video, but everything he discusses is very interesting!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I am watching the video now, and it explains a lot. I saw something at 40:42 that I kind of snickered at. When he is questioned about headaches and explains it is a blockage, he goes on to say that in order to fully open the gland you need self acceptance, he touches his forehead and then scratches his head. As an example of body language and cold reading, I can say with a lot of certainty that he is unsure himself about fully opening the gland. I think he might also be unsure about the head ache and blockages...just an observation as I was watching. I had to stop the video and post this because it jumped out at me, but so far, I am really liking his explanations!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Body language is very informative! I didn't catch that when I watched it. Although I did get an odd feeling when he said that the blockage was caused by non self-acceptance. That didn't ring true for me. Thanks for pointing that out.

We learned a little about body language on my job, but I would love to take a full course in it. I find it extremely interesting.
I used to watch a show on t.v. where a professional would watch people being interrogated and tell who was lying, or not, from their body language. I love it!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That was quite a video. I had to share it on my facebook with an opinion of it.

SOME of it is dead on as far as I can tell....not about 2012, but about how some things work. Makes me want to high five the guy and give him a cup of coffee c(_) It starts to lose it's appeal around 40 minutes in, however the rest is actually a pretty cool story if nothing else. Bits of wisdom, mixed with mud.

That was actually a pretty good video, I love hearing about weird supposed experiments in the psychic realm. The way I see it, if I can do some of these things, and I am a nobody, I can't even begin to imagine what the Gov could be doing. I would love to meet the guy named Daniel, just some of the story between David and Daniel creeped me out because I saw mirror images of my own life. Weird synchronicities there. In fact, I could relate to a lot of things he spoke of.

My whole problem comes with the ET involvement, not because I don't so much think it is possible, just I am a super skeptic when it comes to actual alien involvement. I have not had that in my experience although I have seen a ufo. Used to be fascinated by UFOs as a kid. Read all kinds of books like chariots of the gods, but for the most part, things I experience seem to come from what he refers to as the wave, or the underside of this reality.I thought how he put it was a very interesting explanation and it spoke some truth to me, might of even helped me understand a few things I didn't quite get.

(which seems to be a running theme with me today! Lots of little clicks so to speak lol)
edit on 28-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

He has other videos up on you tube. You might find more there of interest to you.

I did a thread on one of them. It got trashed by the trolls because most people don't think he is legit. But, I found it interesting, nonetheless.

Here is a link to my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

That was quite a video. I had to share it on my facebook with an opinion of it.

That was actually a pretty good video, I love hearing about weird supposed experiments in the psychic realm. The way I see it, if I can do some of these things, and I am a nobody, I can't even begin to imagine what the Gov could be doing. I would love to meet the guy named Daniel, just some of the story between David and Daniel creeped me out because I saw mirror images of my own life. Weird synchronicities there. In fact, I could relate to a lot of things he spoke of.

After I watched this video, I think the next day, my husband brought a statue of a pine cone to me he picked up at a yard sale. I think it is a paper weight. He didn't know anything about the video, or heard me discussing it!

I had a very strange feeling come over me at that time.............. validation?
Weird!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think I have seen him before, talking about looking glass,
which I found to be kind of a frightening concept.
The whole thing makes me paranoid that there is some gigantic scanner picking up psychic information when it gets through, kind of like the matrix....

But that's just a passing paranoid thought which is quickly wiped away.

The theories on how time works was awesome.
When my brother Dave and I used to sit and talk about time I would get deja vu and my ears would ring lol
The pineal gland theory was also very good! It explained the tones and ringing and also explains the change I feel around my head when something does happen...all awesome stuff!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think we posted at the same time.
Did you see the one above yours?
edit on 9/28/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yep, saw that

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Darkblade,
First let me thank you for pointing to this thread from the thread I was reading (thread by Sled, I think) on this subject.

I'd like to know more, particularly about the first post in this thread (from 2004!) where you state that you were undergoing a change, or growth (paraphrasing here, sorry) in your spirituality as well as your psychic ability.
Would you give more information on the spiritual direction and where you feel you are now, spiritually?

I'm interested because my own experiences seem to parallel yours; mine in a much more disjointed and lengthy pattern, sadly. Many years passed between my experiences, but they include much of what I see as important in your post.

I feel I'm reaching a cusp, where any nudge in the right direction may be what helps me round the corner.

I'd like to also add that I'm experiencing the "hugs" that you spoke of:

At this point I was getting rather excited, to me, this was a BIG deal. The image was so clear that I felt like I was looking at a TV screen. But I had noticed that I couldn't make out the painting. I still don't know why I could see everything so clearly but the painting was blank. I asked about the painting, I noticed that the image seemed to always be focused on it. I said that I couldn't see what it was, but it must be important because it seems to be the focus of what I am seeing. The lady told me that it was a painting of an owl, and every time she walked by it, she felt her mother. The image then switched back to the lady I was seeing the first time. The lady was smiling again. I felt very warm and kind of like I was being given a hug, so I repeated that to the lady in the chat room. I also said that I felt that it was for both of us. And I felt a very loving feeling, a very warm and soft, gentle kind of emotion. I said that her mother must be a very wonderful and loving person, because it seems like she is not only making me feel very warm, but also that it seems to be not only directed at me, but at you to. The lady in the chat room said that she also was feeling it, her mother was hugging her and we were both feeling it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
Darkblade,
First let me thank you for pointing to this thread from the thread I was reading (thread by Sled, I think) on this subject.

I'd like to know more, particularly about the first post in this thread (from 2004!) where you state that you were undergoing a change, or growth (paraphrasing here, sorry) in your spirituality as well as your psychic ability.
Would you give more information on the spiritual direction and where you feel you are now, spiritually?

These are the holes I need to fill in with the story for sure. At the time, I was reading tarot and working on aura gazing with a lot of success, but I always took as scientific of an approach as I could. I viewed ESP purely as a mental thing that my own brain was doing. The spiritual aspect I was ignoring totally. Over the years I had a few spirit encounters, but always treated it like halloween, where it was just a spooky thing, and nothing more. When I suddenly started to experience contact with spirits as in deceased loved ones, it actually very quickly made me pay attention to the spiritual aspect, because as I got more in tune with myself and with the abilities I realized more and more that we are spirit beings, and with a lot of my prior experiences,after reflecting on them, I realized a bigger picture than just me doing tarot. I actually put down my tarot for many years after because I felt in order for me to advance any farther than just a "fortune teller" I had to be able to do more. You can become dependent on Tarot and stagnate. Basically my mind switched from purely brain mode to mind/spirit mode. I became accepting of the fact that there really was a spirit world, and for some reason, they seemed to be more active in mine.I HAD to accept this after repeated contact with spirits for other people, because at first I thought it was just me being mental, it was so strong.
I had always wondered when I read tarot if there was something guiding me, because I would feel shivers and sometimes almost convulse, like a quick twitch going up my back before I read the cards for someone.
I realize now that at times, there was.
The change was purely acceptance of myself as a spirit being in a human body.

I'm interested because my own experiences seem to parallel yours; mine in a much more disjointed and lengthy pattern, sadly. Many years passed between my experiences, but they include much of what I see as important in your post.

I feel I'm reaching a cusp, where any nudge in the right direction may be what helps me round the corner.

I'd like to also add that I'm experiencing the "hugs" that you spoke of:

I felt very warm and kind of like I was being given a hug, so I repeated that to the lady in the chat room. I also said that I felt that it was for both of us. And I felt a very loving feeling, a very warm and soft, gentle kind of emotion. I said that her mother must be a very wonderful and loving person, because it seems like she is not only making me feel very warm, but also that it seems to be not only directed at me, but at you to. The lady in the chat room said that she also was feeling it, her mother was hugging her and we were both feeling it.

You mean when you read this you got a hug?
Or do you have someone hugging you to comfort you?
That happens. Spirits will do that,
especially mothers.
They seem to be the huggy type

It is amazing how when the contacts start to effect feelings, they can actually hug you and you can feel it, and that is awesome!

I almost forgot, I know the feeling of being on the cusp, that too is where I am at. I know something is going to happen soon, just don't know what.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have some questions for you on my thread.... when you get time.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I cannot speak for John Edward, but my guess is that he fell for Hollywood's "delusion of grandeur" for lack of a better way to put it. Do I think he is real? I think he is real as in is a psychic, but I know you cannot get it continuously like that and be completely accurate, in fact, that kind of reading would mess you up in the long run I would think. Which I am guessing is kind of what happened to John Edward. I am sure he cold reads too, as a good psychic will take in ALL information, including body language.

Thanks for your eloquent reply.
I have to pretty much think this is spot on.

I didn't know this until today (and I certainly do not watch this tripe) but he has appeared on the Kardashian reality tv shows lately. Nuff said.

And thank you for your thoughts on channelling vs mediumship. I'm going to have to mull that over so it sinks in a bit.

reply to post by sled735

And thank you too sled! I'm not a fan of Wilcock but I will definitely watch this when I get the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Just one more, sorry

Along your journey, did you ever experience the 11:11 phenomena (or any recurring number theme) or have any thoughts on this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join