It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's occurred to me that the Christian persecution during the reign of The Antichrist would be motivated by the perceived need to purge the world of Satan's followers.

The World would be convinced through the false prophet and the Antichrist, and aided by satanic miracles, that the Antichrist is the "true" Son of God....that Jesus was of Satan...and that the true followers of Jesus are actually followers of Satan.

The Antichrist will have to explain to the world why: the famine, pestilence, and devastation on earth has accompanied his reign. Antichrist will require a convincing reason for the fact that God is allowing or punishing the world with ultimate devastations at the same time that he sent his Son to rule the world, while at the same time that the Antichrist is promising a future of peace.

Antichrist would therefore proclaim that: God wants the entire world to convert and worship his Son(AC), and to stop worshiping the previous Sons of Satan. Only once the world is free from Satanic worship(especially free from worship of Jesus as God's Son) would the new age of God's Peace begin." Thus initiating the greatest persecution in history of followers of Jesus Christ.

When the "two prophets" are sent to earth with final warnings to the world, empowered with the ability to turn oceans into blood(and other great miraculous abilities)....the most dedicated followers of Antichrist would persist in the belief that opponents of the Antichrist, such as those final two messengers, are empowered by the miracles of Satan. Otherwise they would heed the final prophets with total abandon. TOTAL ABANDON.

What you think I'm a crackpot and don't agree with me?!? I hope your right. Otherwise . . .

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Phantomfire707]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by justamomma

What makes you think Paul wasn't Jewish (He was also a JEWISH ROMAN citizen as well)

The Tenach is NOT metaphorical, 'pretend' pablum.
It has duals meanings, yes. But if it seems like real-life occurances, and children believe it, it's a lie, not a metaphor.

First of all ... excuse me ... I did not say it is pretend or a lie but it is a writing meant for a People and not the world. Why? Because WE understand and clearly you do not.

As for Paul, I don't *think* Paul was not Jewish, but I *know* Paul was not Jewish. Why? Because I am a Jewess and KNOW our ways ... are you really so blind as to wonder WHY we rejected his gospel?? You might say it was because we are evil, but if you were in your right mind, you would know that it is because we don't recognize him as one of our own and rather he is of the Greek mentality.

I gave you one passage from our laws that he contradicts with his gospel. Another one? Deuteronomy 4:15-16

Do you not know the brilliance of our Laws given to us? They are so we are not FOOLED by those who would deceive us, EVEN IF they were claiming to be one of us. Deuteronomy 13 ... we had good fences put around us to keep us as a People.

G-d said he would provide HIMSELF a sacrifice. Not a ram or a bull (animal) anymore, but His Son.
David called Him My Lord.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Clearskies]

Again, you twist things ... His Son (for purposes that applied to our People) is Israel Exodus 4:22 ... and in Hosea 8:8 you see that the house of Israel (Ephraim) was indeed cast into the gene pools of the Gentile Nations. There is a LOGICAL explanation that speaks to Life and not the mystic imaginations of other men. We are an intelligent People and not mystics living in denial.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The dialogue between Christians and non-Christians on ATS, and in the rest of the world will always be a messy one. I personally believe that if we all acted Christ like, a lot of the discrimination would be eliminated in the West. Rationally, we can't help in terms of immediate and globally effective assistance the persecution faced by those in China or other foreign countries, but in places where religion is freedom of choice, that is where it's a Christian's job to shine.
Unfortunately, a tainted past and pockets of "condemning" Christians grab the lime light like a politician does bad.

Of course we always here about everything wrong that goes on in Ottawa, Washington, Paris, London, etc, but rarely is it reported that a politician does something good! It is madness? Are you to tell me that every single politician is individualist-minded and profit driven? I can assure you not! In the same way, the Christians you do hear about are those that march on the streets protesting gay rights, anti-Islamic laws, and other rubbish.

Many atheists claim they have studied the bible front to back, back to front, and even have large amounts of notes written in the margins. Did they even take a look at Jesus' true intentions and recommendations? Certainly not. It would be more along the lines of having torn out the entire New Testament and highlight every violent passage in the Old Testament. (One must consider the fact that until you know God's true intentions with Jesus, the old testament is extremely violent, however, there is much more to it than just killing people).

Like I said, we tend to notice the bad. When a Christian wrongs us, we classify them all, in the same way, when a non-Christian wrongs us, or we feel violated by homosexuality, we prosecute back. This is not what God intended, and there are several verses to back it up. The claim of homosexual rights to marriage is NOT something we, as a society, should dilly-dally in, or even give authority to the state to decide. Gays should have the right to do what they need, but no pastor or minister is under obligation to do so if they don't need to. Everyone wins.

The world is not logical enough to see that Christians and non-Christians are all humans. One will always prosecute the other, and that is why if YOU are a Christian, and want to act Christ-like, it is your job to love regardless of the other persons sexual orientation, political affiliation, class, income, job, or any other classification we are so good at putting people in.

Can someone give me a break? K thanks.

My $0.02 CDN

[edit on 113131p://444 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by justamomma

ANYONE who has TRULY loved G-d has had to pay a price in this world.
AND also I know of those religions who blamed Jewish people for Christ's death, yet the romans were to blame also.(Gentiles)
So, the power-grabbing came against the Jews.
But, dont you see that they killed ANYONE AGAINST them? FOR power and money?

I concede on this last note ... any rational human being can look back over the last 2,000 years and see that it is not us who kill or even condemn anyone who is against us. I love my People because I know how good they really are ... they are human beings like anyone else, but they have faced hard lessons and taken responsibility where others only choose to place it on others. The Jewish People are the heart of God because we have not hidden anything before the eyes of the world ... everything all our mistakes, all our "sins," all our lessons are there for all to read and either you can judge it so as to deny your own humanity or you can learn from it. Your choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
First off I know the politicians say how Extremists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims. Of course but it does not mean Muslims like Christians either, they are being oppressed or even stopped in their tracks before they even get a chance to become free thinking Christians.

This phrase sounds completely oxymoronic to me. I have nothing against the message of Christianity, but this religion is the only that I know of that has forcefully spread it's influence across the entire planet. Other religions have been persecuted by Christians and Christianity for being different since the beginning of recorded history. This intolerant mindset has been indoctrinated through countless generations. The majority of Christians I know today are so intolerant of anything other than what they believe in, and personally, I'm glad to know that promoting this kind of behavior is starting to gain resistance.

We reap what we sow.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This may shed some light on where "people being persecuted in the name of Christ" started from. (It didn't start with the gospel of Christ,that's for sure!)

From
www.rapidnet.com...

QUOTE:

....."Roman Catholicism,Christian or Pagan?

....The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996). (Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.) The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome. However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit. (The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)

Prior to the time of Constantine's "conversion," Christians were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ, but because they would not include pagan deities in their faith as well. Then, with Constantine's emphasis on making his new-found Christianity palatable to the heathen in the Empire, the "Christianization" of these pagan deities was facilitated. For example, pagan rituals and idols gradually took on Christian meanings and names and were incorporated into "Christian" worship (e.g., "saints" replaced the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities; mother/son statues were renamed Mary and Jesus; etc.), and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christian holy days (e.g., the Roman Lupercalia and the feast of purification of Isis became the Feast of the Nativity; the Saturnalia celebrations were replaced by Christmas celebrations; an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All Souls Day, rededicated to Christian heroes [now Hallowe'en]; etc.). A transition had occurred -- instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan deities, Christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the Emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ! "Christianized" Rome had become the legitimate successor of pagan Rome! This is the sad origin of the Roman Catholic Church."....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

The big difference between Islam and xtianity is that muslims don't give a crap about converting xtians to Islam but xtians desperately try to convert Muslims.

LOL

No they kill them or whinge about being discriminated and have Christians change their ways and culture to accommodate their ways...which they will NOT alter one bit.
After time, of less God in the mainstream culture, they have done as good as converting they have destroyed or hindered Gods will in my culture.

You are no different to Islam in your ways, you try to destroy Christians and their culture and promote your own religion. Atheistism....

Since you know all about Christianity would know that Islam doesn't want Christians to be muslim they just don't want Christians full stop.

But of course the church of moocowman know better than all the PROVEN history of the Bible....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

Based on your reply to Moocowman,I can rest assured that having hit the "Ignore" button for him was a good idea!

Of course,just because I can't see him,I still know he exists!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It gets real simple when it comes down to it during the great tribulation, before armageddon. If you listen to the warning in Revelatiion and don't take the 'mark of the beast', you will face some very tough times. You will not be able to function in society,... no buying, no selling.

Is it worth it? We will all have to make that decision. With this decision you will be taking your stand with God's 'government' or with the one world government (Satan's). Until Satan and his one world government are destroyed, those choosing Jehovah's side will be faced with persecution.

I also find this scripture in Revelation to be extremely interesting and I feel most important to think about. Read it very carefully. This should hit home for many of the members here....

"And I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking as a dragon. And it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and those who dwell on it worship the wild beast, whose death stroke got healed. And it performs great signs, so that it should even make fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind." (Revelation 13:11-13)

There we have it. We should expect 'miracles' and signs to be used. Could this be UFO's, HAARP, or any other number of technologies that have been discussed on this forum? I won't be surprised by it at all.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by shasta9600]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Matthew 24:4 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will lead many astray.

Mark 13:5 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 13:6 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and will lead many astray.

Luke 21:8 He said, “Watch out that you don’t get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is at hand.’ Therefore don’t follow them.

What name is used to lead "many" astray?

JESUS

That is why the name equals 616 the number of the name of the beast and its image is revealed by 666 which is the crucifix. This would mean at some point in time the abomination of desolation, the crucifix, will be placed in the temple in Jerusalem.

Info in the works

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

I'm not sure if I know what you're getting at here. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that Jesus fits the bill of the beast in Revelation?

"And it makes the earth and those who dwell on it worship the wild beast, whose death stroke got healed. And it performs great signs, so that it should even make fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind"

the death stroke being the crucifixion, the healing the resurrection....great signs = Jesus' miracles....?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Lets not make this a have a go at Moocowman thread.. Just because he holds opinions contrary to yours or mine doesnt mean you should hit the ignore button.. I assume you are a christian right? Then instead of condeming someone with with views that come into conflict with your own, why dont you be a christian, make a defense for the faith, not with malice, but out of LOVE, because in the end of the day, like Yeshua said "THEY WILL KNOW YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE."........ WE are to "Love G-d, and love those made in His image," that means EVERYONE! And, if you say you love G-d, yet you hold contempt for some of those made in His image, then how can you love Him too??

I have only agreed once with Moocowman, i actually wrote it in my diary lol, but I have always found him to be witty, articulate and fun to debate with... At least he is passionate about what he believes, unlike a lot of luke warm sunday christians out there, who talk the talk, then play the hypocrite for the rest of the week!

Its always easy to love those you like... Christians don't have that option!! Thats why its sooo bloody hard being one!! lol

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I completely agree with you. Christians need to really learn to follow "turn the other cheek" and to "love others as you would love thyself". With only those two, so much can be accomplished. I don't think I have ever agreed with moocowman, ON ANY SUBJECT. However, I did manage to show that I'm not such a bad guy. That's all it takes as a Christian. Sure, it's fine to stand up for your beliefs. That's absolutely terrific. However, there is no need to be intolerant and spiteful.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
Walk with Wisdom before crying out "persecution!" It gets old to hear it and it has been proved to be more dangerous for the ones who are unwillingly being attached to your "poor me" sighs.

That's right.

It's common knowledge amongst Jews that one shouldn't cry out: "persecution!" and indulge in "poor me" sighs.

Especially when one is busy persecuting others.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

are you implying that Jesus fits the bill of the beast in Revelation?

The Messiah and the prophets imply this.

the death stroke being the crucifixion, the healing the resurrection....great signs = Jesus' miracles....?

Not exactly. The fatal wound is the anti-christ being destroyed. The great deception happens after that. What makes it more great than now? Because mankind already would know who he is and what he is going to be doing and they follow after it anyway.

The Messiah was here and he did miracles, signs, and wonders and was crucified. He taught the truth but as the scriptures point out the truth would be maligned. The deception started back then and has continued till now. What Paul stated then applies now "The empty way of life handed down by our forefathers".

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Me and my family happily persecute Christians.

They are the majority faith in the UK, and as such, are the largest practitioners of hypocrisy. Hence the persecution.

Every time we meet someone who is Christian, we explain in great detail why they shouldn't be Christian. More often than not, they see sense and become atheist, or at the very least admit they only 'say' they are Christian to avoid worse persecution from pther Christians.

Nice.

Parallex

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Parallex]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I've had debates with him before. I just find his attitude to be one that is so unaccepting of the Christian faith and those who believe that I feel there is nothing constructive that I can say to him.

As a Christian,I do "practice what I preach",and when I'm tempted to become angry and lose a grip on my tounge,I choose to do what I can to remain at peace. I'm still human,too,so I struggle at times to rise above petty bickering.

To me,he does all he can to provoke people to anger,and I find no joy in being on the receiving end of his venom.

I have no problem with people who don't share my faith. That's not the point I made in ignoring him. Maybe he just tries my patience to the point that I would prefer to not read what he has to say. I don't think I'm being unreasonable,or a hypocrite,or condemning of him.

I can still love him from a Christian standpoint,but I don't have to like him!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Makes sense I suppose....I can't really find anything WRONG with it...it just doesn't settle right...which I suppose is how something like that always comes-off...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Makes sense I suppose....I can't really find anything WRONG with it...it just doesn't settle right...which I suppose is how something like that always comes-off...

Of course we completely understand. Imagine being Jewish back when and having to admit you took part in having the Messiah handed over to the Gentiles to be crucified. I bet that didn't sit well either. That is another reason why most wouldn't believe even with all the signs of the times that were taking place.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by The Riley Family]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

Revelation 19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself. 19:13 He is clothed in a garment sprinkled with blood. His name is called “The Word of God.”

His name is called the Word of God that is good enough for us for now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join