Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 2
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


What does Bush have to do with a Christian who was buried alive 50 years ago on the other side of the world?

Like I said, there is a huge ignorance of foreign issues and history. A LOT of Christians, myself included, do not like Bush (and some are even skeptical if he is a Christian). But since this stuff has been going on for centuries and has accelerated in the past decades, I really don't know how 'what Bush did' justifies what is occurring?

I mean, are you going to go tell a five year old that his legs were broken as justifiable payback because of what Bush did? That he as a Christian must pay?

And if the above is not what you mean, then Bush is irrelevant.


I never mentioned anything about the past in any of my points.
My points were all about the PRESENT.
I don't have to rely on the past to make this point.
Although pointing out chrisitanity's past is absolutetly valid and I don't know why christians think it's not. Same ideology; same problems.

Why try and drop the guilt bomb with a hypothetical about a five year old with broken legs? It's far worse than that.
Millions of people died because of what Bush did. And much of what he did he did because of his religious beliefs.
Do you want to tell millions of orphaned Iraqi children they have no parents because a man on the other side of the world who controls much of the world believes in a different god and decided to kill them?
Bush announced to the world that "God" wanted him to go to war with Iraq.
Tell that to the orphaned Iraqi children.
How come you didn't address my questions?




posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
People who continually refer to the "Crusades" might as well be talking about the dinosaurs. It's ancient history. They bring up these atrocities because it is all they have, other than some isolated incidents of killers who called themselves Christians. In view of this truth, Christians are in excellent shape.
Christianity has evolved since those times. To hear it repeatedly honestly doesn't bother me. Like I said, might as well be talking about the dinosaurs it is so far removed from Christians today.

Our government is waging war on other governments. Christians have not waged this war, or any other war in any of our life times.


GIVEN the history of how it got its start and the way that Christianity has maintained numbers, I am not sure that is something I would want to brag about. CHRISTIANITY has waged the war on Peoples by pushing their doctrine through guilting so many who were otherwise good human beings.

It is ignorance of the masses that it preyed upon to grow and maintain itself ...



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma
 




Ashley, Christianity is a religion. SOMEONE brought it to the People of any given land




then they (the Christian missionaries) are partly responsible for the lives that are snuffed out...


Again, like I said. I think some people are unfamiliar with the history or cultures of Eastern nations. In some areas where persecution occurs, Christianity reached those countries centuries ago. And the Christians being persecuted are born there.

Are you saying it's their fault or it's justified because Christianity spread to their region and they are Christians in hostile territory so it's their own fault (or the fault of those missionaries)?

And in some nations, Christianity was there before the religion or non religion that is currently persecuting them. But you say they shouldn't have stuck their nose in other people's culture and, in essence, brought it on themselves. Come on.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by justamomma
 




Ashley, Christianity is a religion. SOMEONE brought it to the People of any given land




then they (the Christian missionaries) are partly responsible for the lives that are snuffed out...


Again, like I said. I think some people are unfamiliar with the history or cultures of Eastern nations. In some areas where persecution occurs, Christianity reached those countries centuries ago. And the Christians being persecuted are born there.

Are you saying it's their fault or it's justified because Christianity spread to their region and they are Christians in hostile territory so it's their own fault (or the fault of those missionaries)?

And in some nations, Christianity was there before the religion or non religion that is currently persecuting them. But you say they shouldn't have stuck their nose in other people's culture and, in essence, brought it on themselves. Come on.


Christianity is not an ethnicity Ashley. They were not born Christian.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


BULL!!! GWB is about as christian as satan is, which is probably who gave him the order.. A TRUE christian would shed his/her own blood before spilling anyone elses.. WE are here to love and NOT judge, to forgive and not hate.. And those slandering G-d, using His Name to justify war, in fact to justify anything, are going to pay!!!



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 




My points were all about the PRESENT.


I got that part. Which is why I told you this has been occurring for centuries so 'possible present causes' to imply Christians did it to themselves or are deserving is meaningless.



Do you want to tell millions of orphaned Iraqi children they have no parents because a man on the other side of the world who controls much of the world believes in a different god and decided to kill them?


You're preaching to the choir big time. I do not like Bush and do not defend what he did.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I generally don't participate in threads regarding religion often, for personal reasons. But I've been wanting to say this, and this seems as good a place as any.

There is a different kind of Christian these days. The TV people, for one, who get up and speak about the riches Christianity can bring. The
"ask and ye shall receive" TV people. The people whose prayers consist of asking to win the lottery, inherit a big home and the like. The people who jump around and scream in churches in strip malls. There is that faction. I'm not saying it's not a viable faction. Whatever you want to do.

But many Christians were taught to be "reverent in the churches". To give thanks, and praise, and so forth. And that does not include begging to win the lottery for one's personal gain, or hitting a jackpot at the casino. Since this faction tends to be louder and noisier, others have a tendency to notice them and get the impression this is the way all Christians are. It's not.

Most Christians have a quiet path, and do what they can to live a good life, and by that I don't mean a life of luxury. But a life of trying to accomplish good, and become a better and more loving person. Our beliefs have taught us to "go into the world and teach". But never has it instructed us to "go into the world and kill". That's just wrong, and it's wrong for anyone to insinuate this. And if you do so, you are simply a liar.

Sometimes those who elect themselves to speak "for Christianity", may not be the one's the silent majority would choose.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I generally don't participate in threads regarding religion often, for personal reasons. But I've been wanting to say this, and this seems as good a place as any.

There is a different kind of Christian these days. The TV people, for one, who get up and speak about the riches Christianity can bring. The
"ask and ye shall receive" TV people. The people whose prayers consist of asking to win the lottery, inherit a big home and the like. The people who jump around and scream in churches in strip malls. There is that faction. I'm not saying it's not a viable faction. Whatever you want to do.

But many Christians were taught to be "reverent in the churches". To give thanks, and praise, and so forth. And that does not include begging to win the lottery for one's personal gain, or hitting a jackpot at the casino. Since this faction tends to be louder and noisier, others have a tendency to notice them and get the impression this is the way all Christians are. It's not.

Most Christians have a quiet path, and do what they can to live a good life, and by that I don't mean a life of luxury. But a life of trying to accomplish good, and become a better and more loving person. Our beliefs have taught us to "go into the world and teach". But never has it instructed us to "go into the world and kill". That's just wrong, and it's wrong for anyone to insinuate this. And if you do so, you are simply a liar.

Sometimes those who elect themselves to speak "for Christianity", may not be the one's the silent majority would choose.


Actually, whilst I agree that we need to be careful not to generalize .... there are many Christians who call themselves Christians but aren't really such and are indeed good people.


But let's be honest about what is said by the founder of christianity, Paul ... and that is to shut the mouths of those who are contrary to the faith and where faith is, knowlegde is not. Thus, if you can't shut mouths of those who have understanding, what else can you do to shut them? This does not take a rocket scientist to figure out and indeed, it has been proved truth over and over again the measures that Christianity as a whole must take to maintain its faith.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Christians are taking advantage of helpless people in Afghanistan and Iraq, just as we chat.

They are busy brainwashing kids, in exchange for food and other goods. I'm not even making this up; you can go look for the videos yourself.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


You are correct about the "far-right" doing much to promote the NWO. (It will be a Jesuit NWO at that!)
www.theuniversalseduction.com...

These supposed "Protestant" leaders are nothing more than wolves in sheeps clothing.

If people only realized the intentions of the Church of Rome and how those intentions are coming to fruition today,there'd be alot less misunderstanding!

But,the devil is very clever,and he has fooled people for years. It won't end until the Lord comes back Himself and puts an end to it.

"Maranatha!"("Lord,come quickly!")




From:
www.remnantofgod.org...

QUOTE:
...."No one in Christendom today has done more for Catholic and Christian ecumenicalism, creation of an American church & state, and the push for supposed “Christian” men and women Government positions. This man named Pat Robertson is a Roman Catholic short robed Jesuit who will do for the church what prophecy calls the last straw. He has stretched out his hands to Rome and has embraced all it has to offer. And rest assured, this man will stop at nothing to get his goals realized. The fact he condones outright murder proves that perfectly.

The other toss of the coin in all this is yet another obvious end result of Pat Robertson’s confirmed Jesuit comments. The other day I was reading a blog filled with comments regarding what now appears to be Robertson’s LEGALIZED hate crime. This is something Rome is infamous for. Their claims to Christianity have made Christ’s loving truths look oh so bad in the eyes of the wicked that they hate even the thought of becoming Christian. And now we see their fruits flourishing upon the hearts of billions the world over. Below is a clip from a poor deceived soul that believes as Rome has taught billions to believe regarding Christianity. Rome has made it painfully aware that they “claim” Christ Lord. At the same time they kill millions upon millions before all eyes on earth. Rome even admitted to killing 500 million on March 12, 2000 making Christianity looking even more violent to those outside the faith. And now we have Pat Robertson, a man who claims Christ Lord who now openly sanctions murder."....

See what I mean? And that's just two small paragraphs!



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


BULL!!! GWB is about as christian as satan is, which is probably who gave him the order.. A TRUE christian would shed his/her own blood before spilling anyone elses.. WE are here to love and NOT judge, to forgive and not hate.. And those slandering G-d, using His Name to justify war, in fact to justify anything, are going to pay!!!



Why is he not a christian?
what is that based on ?
His handshakes and skull and bones stuff?
(dear god I never thought I would almost be like quasi-defending jr.:lol

but what makes jr a satan worshipper? seriously that's crazy.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bignick
 



Christians are taking advantage of helpless people in Afghanistan and Iraq, just as we chat.

They are busy brainwashing kids, in exchange for food and other goods. I'm not even making this up; you can go look for the videos yourself.


'Brainwashing' is about the most inflammatory term imaginable. Why does the discussion have to be brought down to that level?

If people are caring for the practical needs of others and (?perhaps) talking to the natives (*!*) it is nothing sinister.

Even if there were truly some examples of something negative it would be very ignorant to tar 'Christians' as a whole. In the same way I would never dream of stereotyping Muslim people on the back of the behaviour of particular individuals, or even groups. (If I did it would be indicative of prejudice.)





[edit on 17/12/09 by pause4thought]



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Persecution? Isn't that what religion is all about? I wouldn't worry too much. Christians always have the "abominible fancy" to look forward to.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Its based on his actions; or his "fruits" as christians would say.. No real christian is a lying, warmonger... A real christian would have nothing to do with secret societies, especially those that carries out rituals that come straight out of the pagan babylonian mystery religions handbook, like the rituals in the skull and bone and bohemian grove..... There is NOTHING christian about it!!



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by bignick
 



Christians are taking advantage of helpless people in Afghanistan and Iraq, just as we chat.

They are busy brainwashing kids, in exchange for food and other goods. I'm not even making this up; you can go look for the videos yourself.


'Brainwashing' is about the most inflammatory term imaginable. Why does the discussion have to be brought down to that level?

If people are caring for the practical needs of others and (?perhaps) talking to the natives (*!*) it is nothing sinister.

Even if there were truly some examples of something negative it would be very ignorant to tar 'Christians' as a whole. In the same way I would never dream of stereotyping Muslim people on the back of the behaviour of particular individuals, or even groups. (If I did it would be indicative of prejudice.)





[edit on 17/12/09 by pause4thought]


Apologist please!

Getting help shouldn't come with a price of subscribing to a cult. Why are they not 'caring' for the ones who aren't willing to sign up for their cult?



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Its based on his actions; or his "fruits" as christians would say.. No real christian is a lying, warmonger... A real christian would have nothing to do with secret societies, especially those that carries out rituals that come straight out of the pagan babylonian mystery religions handbook, like the rituals in the skull and bone and bohemian grove..... There is NOTHING christian about it!!



Frankly, those Babylonian mystery religions precede your so-called belief by many many years. Your god was a bit late handing out his set of 'moral' code.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 




My points were all about the PRESENT.


I got that part. Which is why I told you this has been occurring for centuries so 'possible present causes' to imply Christians did it to themselves or are deserving is meaningless.



Do you want to tell millions of orphaned Iraqi children they have no parents because a man on the other side of the world who controls much of the world believes in a different god and decided to kill them?


You're preaching to the choir big time. I do not like Bush and do not defend what he did.


Glad you got that part.
Then you and I have something in common with our dislike of Bush .


I was never implying "christians did it to themselves or are deserving" ...

Could you tell me why you think Bush is satanic?



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bignick
 


There is NOTHING moral about them... I have researched them for years so if you want to debate them then set up your own thread then we will discuss... I find it interesting that you would perceive the sacrifice of babies in the fire as part of a moral code... Funny how Judaism/Christianity done away with it???



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I feel like Christianity has the most enemies out of every other system of law and ideology.

Communism - Does not like Religion so no Churches for you.
Islam Sharia Law - Sorry it's against the law.
Jews - Even in Israel the Jews hate them.
Science - We evolved 'You loony Christians'.
Archaeology - Some countries scrap the evidence the news of it is low key.
Atheists - I prove there is no Jesus
Western Society - Don't spread the faith it offends, let's make a documentary denying Christ.
False Churches - Believe in the Bible except Christ or the Holy Spirit.
Ufology and New Age - Jesus was an alien life is out there.
Pagans, occultists, secret societies - Deny the Christ search for other powers.
Hinduism - persecution and tension has risen in modern times and forced conversions.

All together if they joined hands would make Christianity the odd one out here in today's modern world, as the noose becomes smaller it will be the odd one out.

What does it mean?
If the Bible is right then the cocktail for this global agenda will warm up even further and if you add the dark forces to it then the ball of Armageddon is accelerating. The Tribulation is about such times, it will be like a stage made for this event like the Nazis did for the Jews, this time it will be the time when Israel has been established as a sign of the times.

I feel like the army of darkness is surrounding Christianity, the locust like masses are preparing and the maybe they will have dark satanic powers and work miracles of astonishment as a deceptive device.

Also Christianity is about Christ and the New Fullfiled laws and the love of God, the gospels are not about conquest but about saving people through Christ and faith and how living through Christ we suffer from all angles like they did because they were in the middle between the Romans and the Jews and so are the Christian's of today in the middle across the globe.



posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by dragonsmusic
 


Its based on his actions; or his "fruits" as christians would say.. No real christian is a lying, warmonger... A real christian would have nothing to do with secret societies, especially those that carries out rituals that come straight out of the pagan babylonian mystery religions handbook, like the rituals in the skull and bone and bohemian grove..... There is NOTHING christian about it!!



So he's not a christian because he doesn't "walk the walk" as they say.
Hmmm.
What's satanic about skull and bones?
Wanting to rule the world is evil in my mind. But that's not worshipping the devil.
And practicing any kind of ancient ritual is just that; and again it's not satanic.
Where's Jr's satanism?





new topics

top topics



 
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join