It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I understand,your experiences makes you react more towards them,i get that too on a completely different subject.

I just posted that to try and throw a more generic view on this whole,massive,debate.

We've seen that and we'll keep seeing it:No matter the religion,they all know the truth and they all have to save the rest (by "all" i actually mean just the speciffic people who act like that).Offcourse there are lots of times when the interest is different,anyway.

Keep it cool people!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

do a study. every every major belief eventually erodes to a series of reasons to kill their women folk, in various ways, for any number of ingenious reasons that the public will accept. every one. even communist china has fallen prey to it, by looking the other way for 20 years while their citizens aborted or murdered their female children under the one child policy and forced abortions. some say that it was outlawed and that the leaders found it abhorrent practice, but they waited a very long time before doing anything about it because when push comes to shove, fewer females equals fewer babies and that was the reason for the one child policy in the first place.

i had a vision about this, and after some research, was astounded to realize this was a cross belief, cross border, cross culture event and that it has been happening for thousands of years, unbeknownst to most people, who haven't the foggiest idea that they are being systematically urged to abuse, desecrate and murder their females.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

What you say about most of the woman were not witches it true. I think it was all about the power of woman. Womankind has been oppressed, repressed, and subjected to persecution for all of history. Why? Because of religion. Only Wiccans hold the women higher than men, and only a few religions acknowledge a Goddess. In the Christian religion, women are taught to be "subservient" to men.
Colossians 3: "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord."

Ask any young Muslim woman how it feels to submit to someone she does not love, and does not want to have sex with.

In my home, and believe this, I am a man from the word go, full heterosexual credentials . But! My wife is the master of our home. Us men are subservient to her, she always has the final word, unless it has to do with the truck, or computers, that's my forte. She, in return, in kind and gentle to me, loving and sexy, and ready for most anything. I would lay down my life for her without thinking about it for a second. And another thing, Wiccans do not hate gays, we love everyone, even those who hate us.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

the goddess religions of old were sustained by patriachal societies but the living women were treated like CRAP. an example: ancient greece was almost exclusively pederastic. female children and infants had a huge mortality rate (killed by their own mothers/fathers) some 110 times higher than male children because the entire culture worshipped the male. men had more meaningful relationships with young boys, who they tutored in all the important things in life, including sex.

in hinduism one of the bastions of the goddess, female children were and still are in many cases, murdered at birth by their own mothers. in the past, entire divisions of india have been entirely devoid of women of any kind. in some cases it grew so bad, only maharajahs could sustain women and only by going to war against other maharajahs and stealing their women. their solution this problem was to round up all the women in the kingdom, from female infants to old women, and burn them alive in the middle of the city before the invading maharajah could get there, thus removing the reason to invade in the first place.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Riley Family
He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself

So, a name written in secret which hasn't been shown to anyone. Secret Squirrel stuff.

On to the case in point, a few neatly picked newsworthy stories about Christians suffering hardly indicates a global trend. Alot of other people are suffering because they've been born female or poor, children get tortured and people get sold into sex slavery - and, strangely enough, some of these aren't christians.

Get a grip, Christians are no more special than Muslims, Jews, or anyone else. The rise of persecution of any kind is terrible, and people can be pretty monstrous and (even though I consider myself a spiritual person) I frequently wonder whether "God" gives a damn, he sure isn't giving two figs for an awful lot of humanity.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In my world(people around me) PROVOKE me to talk about the Lord and the bible .They know what I believe and it is THEM who bring up the subject and coax me into debating with them against what I believe .
So who is pushing what on who ....I do not even have to evangelize(as some of you have put it)...And it is even getting worse,total strangers sometimes will say something that gets the conversation on it ...like asking me WHAT I THINK about so and so ....Should I answer them with something I dont even believe ? Or something that I believe with all my heart to be the truth .
None of you can be silent (and you know it) when it comes to a subject that comes up and your asked your opinions on it ...which is why yall hang out in these threads ...I mean why even bother reading these threads >Why oh why do the heathen rage ...why oh why do the unbelievers post in BTS in the CHRISTIAN THREADS ......more than in any other section ?..I see most of you only post on these kinds of threads (anything that has to do with the Lord)
Deep down yall know GOD is real but you dont want to be thought as fools (ego problems) in case it doesnt pan out and you sure wouldnt want to be like those you have hated for so many years (we usually see faults in others that we are guilty of ourselves dont we )....................

my 2 cents for the day lol

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

hey there

i understand what you're saying and also sympathize with people who live in areas where the population is almost entirely one belief system. that kind of saturation, without the good Lord Himself to rule it in person, is so oppressive to the odd man out that it's totally depressing and debilitating. without affirmation from God Almighty, we are all like hanging onto hope that we are making informed choices gleaned from unabused texts, but clearly this was never Yeshua's intent. His intent was to encourage us to look inside, to listen inside, to stop expecting our environment to fix us, to cease worshipping paper and stone and other things that can neither hear or see. He tried to get us back on track. we're a stubborn lot, i think

[edit on 29-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Christianity is about spreading the message; they are doing what they think Jesus did by announcing his life and spreading the good news of salvation. The main aim here is to save as many as people as they can with faith in Christ who pays our sins in the flesh so he can overcome death and give us a way back in to knowing God. The pagans will do their thing, the ancients did their sacrifices, ask the Mayans, Babylonians and Egyptians, about sacrifices and getting to heaven. Even in ancient times the knowledge was known about the Saviour figure, it all started back in Genesis and filtered off as mystery religions and even the Angels wanted our blood so they could be saved.

The message in a way is too great to forget, it says so many things to so many people and yet there is a lot still to discover about it, if the message is to save our souls then it is too much to keep it quiet and you will find that people either believe it or hate you for it.

If there are good spiritual forces out there that can change and make things better in society and the opposite like those who use demonic forces that may seem nice at first and then corrupts them and others then the balance of it must direct some people to waking up and doing something about it, but that is another subject in itself because they start to notice that there are signs and guides in our lives that are not of the visible spectrum and like I have said some use it for good and some for bad and hopefully the Bible is a guide against those powers that want to destroy our selves and others.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I dont know if this was posted anywhere on ATS or BTS but ..
There is POWER IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ....So whether we live or die we know he is with us .If anyone seeks to kill me and if it is my time to go then so be it ...Let them kill me .If it is not my time to go the Lord God will protect me .

Frisco store owner uses name of Jesus to stop robber
(With Video )
www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
...why oh why do the unbelievers post in BTS in the CHRISTIAN THREADS ......more than in any other section?
Deep down yall know GOD is real but you dont want to be thought as fools (ego problems) in case it doesnt pan out and you sure wouldnt want to be like those you have hated for so many years (we usually see faults in others that we are guilty of ourselves dont we )....................

Well, I was just reading for the sake of seeing what people wanted to say for themselves.
However, now I feel it pertinent to interject.
You say that 'deep down yall know god is real but dont want to be thought of as fools (ego problems)'...
Now...correct me if I'm wrong (which in this instance, I'm not, so you can't), but you just spoke for me.
You dictated to me, what my belief system may or may not be, and based it on saying that others have 'ego problems'...
That, was an incredibly egotistical thing to say, and a massively grave assumption on your part.
I don't believe that your god is real, not in the way that many of you fantasize about him, it...whatever...is portrayed.
Now, I've noticed that this thread has become more like a group therapy meeting, than a factual discussion.
It's really opinions being slung back and forth, and I was going to just read quietly to myself, until one of you decided to speak for me.
I can not, and will not allow any of you to dictate my beliefs, especially in regards to your god...which is a mistake that your kind has made for almost two thousand years.
I believe that the growing vocalization in diametric opposition to christianity is just, even if I do not believe the majority of methods are just.
Again, let me remind many of you (and I've said this quite a few times), that the world managed itself just fine, and quite effectively before (and I'm going to quote myself here) the advent, and aggressive expansion of christianity/catholicism, and will continue to do so, long after the last human has uttered their last breath.
Many of you seem to be unable to differentiate truth (belief...as in, your bible) with actual fact. The difference is that facts have proof, evidence, and are irrefutable. Truth, is malleable, as in, it is what you believe at the time.
So, I have no problem with you people believing what you want, but don't you dare profess to know what's in my heart or have the audacity to speak on my behalf. There's a likely hood that you may be wrong, and evoke the wrath of a true Adversary.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Originally posted by The time lord
Christianity is about spreading the message

Why?
Why is it necessary to 'spread the message'?
Why not just live as you are, and if people truly desire to learn more, simply allow them to seek you out, instead of bringing your baggage to their doorstep?
As far as I know, christianity/catholicism (and their myriad offshoots) are the only belief systems actively trying to recruit.
It's sold as though it were tangible stock.
Why is that so necessary?
Why bring it across borders into lands or houses that already have established belief systems?
I don't understand why that is so pertinent a task for you.
What makes you right, and everyone else wrong?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

do you really need to ask this question ? why do democrats campaign? why do mtv videos talk about sex all the time? ; ) why do i get phone calls asking me to donate to various charitable orgs? why do public school history texts try to convince everyone that for 6 thousand years, no history texts were correct, and are thusly labelled myth and fairy tale? why do hare krishnas hang out in airports? why do muslims have a mission field in prisons? why do propaganda leaflets float down to the ground in war time? how are nations undermined? how do radio personalities and tv show hosts, give you their take on things?

don't even go there. i ain't shuttin' up.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

All valid questions, but all completely unrelated to the question I had asked.
And none of them can possibly answer that which I had asked.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

of course it's related. people have opinions. they talk about their opinions. they have what they think is a good idea, they talk about the good idea. this is especially true if the idea tells you to talk about it. which it does. lol ya know, in the text where the good idea is located, it says, TALK ABOUT ME TO OTHER PEOPLE.
it's meme. you've heard of those yes? the planet has a kajillion different kinds of memes. even you have your own meme that you share in common with others who think similarly to you. it's honestly a very silly question you asked, and suggests you want people you disagree with to just shut up. not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
p.s. (see post above) however, it does say that if the person doesn't want to hear, move on. can't do that here though. cause here, people are sharing opinions. it's different than if someone came to your door or mailed you literature, in which case you could tell them you aren't interested. but in a forum, where ideas and opinions are shared with others of the same, similar or opposing view, discussion will happen cause we have our opinions. i still can't believe you asked him that question.
not that i think you are stupid, mind you, cause that's not what i mean at all. i know you aren't stupid. it's just ......well, the answer to that question is sooooooooooo (deep breathe) obvious.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

At no point did I even infer that I would want people who's opinions differ from mine to...how'd you put it...?...'shut up'.
I asked a valid question and you tried to redirect me, whilst attempting to talk down to me.
And, to be perfectly fair, I wasn't even asking you to begin with.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

you asked him:

Why? Why is it necessary to 'spread the message'? Why not just live as you are,

the answer to that question is pretty obvious. that's what i mean! christians talk to other people for the same reason you do. lol what? what ? read your post to him and tell me what your intent was? why,why is it necessary to come into a thread talking about a subject you don't like, to a person who you don't agree with, and then ask why people who talk about it to other people, in the first place, do so? why do you feel compelled to talk about it?

people insult me all the time lol i've been called every name in the book, and not necessarily because i was talking about christianity at the time. lol i've been categorized and stigmatized and abused in so many ways, i've lost track. so when i see an insulting thread, i may just skip it. depends. i do have opinions. which is my point. if people have opinions you disagree with and you engage them, aren't you like asking them to talk about it even more?

i'm not talking down to you! i think you're bright and eloquent. i also can read between the lines! i'm probably twice your age or darn near it, been around the block a few times. but what i lack in eloquence i make up for in common sense.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by mamabeth

4.A christian is duty bound to spread the gospel and to pray for others.

Then you should have no problems with Muslims proselytizing. They are also duty bound according to god. They apparently are also duty bound by god to kill infidels. They will pray for you when youre dead though.

Or Wiccans either, by the way. Many times in many message boards I have mentioned the Goddess, and the Christians jump me like she is the devil or something. I mention aliens, they say it's demons. Freedom of Religion means all religions.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The thing about some Christian believers is that they have a spiritual response to what they read, they start to see things differently, they feel like their lives are no longer slaves to pointless fears and fickle arguments, life is bigger than being two dimensional in life, for some the Bible inspires people with knowledge of our ancient selves how 2000 years ago people wrote things that are even greater than today’s philosophers or the common help pages in newspapers or the internet. Then you have the spiritual enlightenment, you feel good about it, you understand the world more and people as find so many hidden messages in them that can be personal along with layers of crossover threads and references throughout the many books. It becomes a like a personal guide to life, if it helps one self you would want to help others too aswell with it, if the message is so great that it may give you a second chance at life through faith through salvation how can one keep that secret? If it touches many people and it forms a society it is either going to hold on or it is not. The only people stopping its knowledge is the faithless governments we have today, then of course those who have a different religion that says yours is wrong, sometimes for the sake of trade they will bow down to those pressures including denying ones heritage and faith.

It is good news and hopefully through Christ and his works and his ways we may teach others to become better people instead of a divided society. There will be some conflicts of course but don't we have that with everything in whatever we believe including sport and politics and science issues.

New things in Christianity are being discovered all the time, and then think about prophecy and how the world is gearing up to it and the nations that are mentioned in the last days then you will have to eventually speak about such things.

You could say Darwinism caused people to think Black African tribes had not evolved and it was right for advancing countries to take them as slaves based on the thinking that the White man was genetically superior.

What if the conspiracy was to wipeout religion and hire another in its place which becomes our ultimate destruction? Some have to hold back the dark forces of this world.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Yep! There were many men who went by that name....

Jesus ben Phiabi, Jesus ben Gamaliel, Jesus ben Sirach, (author of the Book of Sirach (aka 'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old Testament Apocrypha) Jesus ben Pandira, Jesus ben Ananias, Jesus ben Saphat, Jesus ben Gamala, Jesus ben Thebuth. OK, you mean the crucified Jesus, right?
Jesus ben Stada was crucified by the Romans.
(source: Josephus: The Complete Works by Josephus and William Whiston and other sources)

The original Mary was not a virgin, and Magdalene was not a prostitute. Believe it or not, in a bold departure from logical thinking, the prime source of "proof" for the existence of their Godman is the storybook itself. The Bible is given the special privilege of confirming its own truth. In the language of religious deceit, the Bible is held to be "unique" and "historically reliable". It's true because it says it's true. What? (Mohammad used the same bent logic in the Koran).

If Christians would only research their own book, there would not be so many arguments about this. Basically all religions are based on Sun worship, and there have been many saviours that were supposed to come back and save their followers, so far, none has done so. The Greys are said to have a holographic film of Jesus on the cross, they claim he was their creation. Also, it is pretty ignorant to believe that an all powerful God inspired only one book, and one written of paper too, which can easily be changed to fit an agenda. and it has been changed too, if you don't believe that, get an old copy and compare it with a new one. It is a rare Christian, or preacher for that matter who has actually their precious book. I have caused more than a few minister to frantically leaf through the pages trying to prove me wrong. Even the Witnesses and Mormons no longer come around to try and convert me. Sad, I love to talk.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join