It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Let us rub it in for them that we can be happy and live in a balanced society that has learned to forgive each other than cast stones at women and lash people in public and hang teenagers for being different or those who made an early mistake in life and were persecuted.

Indeed and let us remember at all times that millions live like this "without jesus" and let us not forget that the very being that gave the instruction to commit those repugnant activities was in fact your jesusyahweh god.

Let us rub it in that we can drink wine and be merry at Christmas and serve presents to one another in the symbolic gesture of the 3 wise men and the gift of the Son of God to mankind.

An let us remember that this tradition was a a pagan tradition hijacked by the xtian religion the 3 wise men being a memory of the 3 stars of orion . A tradition that would seem to celebrate xtianity forcing itself upon other cultures where it was rejected.

And let us not forget the tradition of torture and murder to help this new religion take root in the minds of those that would reject it.

Let those who want to live in misery look at freedom in Christ and tolerance as the West and Europe aspire others to be like us so we can promote freedom and yet still have a faith with a historical cultural pride.

Let those who would choose to live in freedom look to reason to understand tolerance, let us embrace free thinking and put aside bronze age mythology to where it belongs, the shelves of libraries.

We should pray for those who miss out in the world, and shame to the governements who try and stop this and those individuals who take freedom of speech to court.

We should never forget that there are some that would take us to court and perhaps put us to death for even thinking that their gods are imaginary.

And we should never forget that free speech means free from "all mouths" and does not incite harm to others or intend to restrict or decry or demean their personal actions and choices that are within the law.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

pardon the intrusion, but is it possible for you to correct anything ever done by people from the uk?
just let me know, cause that's one of those big questions people always ask: "HEY! ANYBODY KNOW WHEN SOLOMONS IS GONNA OWN UP TO THE ACTIONS OF THE UK?" that's what they ask, yep.
and i just look at them cross-eyed, shrug and say something about stereotyping being bad for the complexion

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Gay people are human and deserve human rights like anyone. I disagree with those who would "use" religion to suggest gay people are abominations,

Well I got news for you my friend, it was the jesusyahweh god that started off the gay hating thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

pagan tradition hijacked by the xtian religion

MOO! you're doing it again!
christianity didn't hijack pagan traditions. pope-anity did tho.
there IS a difference. in christianity, ya follow christ. in pope-anity, you follow caesar, i mean, the pope.

sigh! you need to go read my "god, gods, and half a god" thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

pagan tradition hijacked by the xtian religion

MOO! you're doing it again!
christianity didn't hijack pagan traditions. pope-anity did tho.
there IS a difference. in christianity, ya follow christ. in pope-anity, you follow caesar, i mean, the pope.

sigh! you need to go read my "god, gods, and half a god" thread.

Dude there is little evidence to prove that your superstar of the bibles even existed but there is ample evidence of the Editors and editing of the source of your belief/religion.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I quite often hear on this board and elsewhere how there is such a lack of evidence for god in any faith or jesus. No surprise it has come up in this thread.

But the fact is, there is no evidence to prove the opposite. That there is no god or jesus did not exist. So for all intents and purposes, that argument is moot.

While some pagan rituals/dates etc. have been adopted by christianity. I believe the reason given makes sense. It is much easier to gain acceptance with little changes. Of course, christianity accepts that dec 25 was not the actual birth of Christ, but a known date selected to celebrate an important but otherwise unknown date.

Of course other pagan rituals were not adopted. Like the farmers running through the fields during the full moon with sticks or brooms between their legs jumping as high as they could to promote the height of their crops to their gods. (This was the origin of the witch riding a broom thing, from what I have read)

As for the topic of this thread. There are billions of christians, does that mean they cannot be persecuted against? Because there are millions of black people on this planet, does that mean it is not possible for racism to exist? Just because there are to many of them?

Ridiculous argument.

I believe it is true, and christianity is being targeted. But they are not alone. Good or bad, religion itself is the target.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

erm, that's not addressing our current line of discussion, which is: christianity stole paganism, which of course, technically-speaking, it didn't. ya see, rome was a pagan empire and the leaders of the catholic empire were prior leaders of the roman empire which was pagan. lol. . same same. so yeah, most of the people would be pagans of various
stripes and their traditions continued on and were adopted by the new guys who were really the old guys dressed up like new guys.

it's silly to say they stole it when they WERE pagans lol

silly silly silly!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a woodsman buys a house. he lives there and one day decides to sell it. he sells it to an axe grinder. two thousand years later, the axe grinder's descendants take the woodsman's descendants to court, claiming the woodsman stole it from the axe grinder.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I am not "trying" to do anything. Please go back and read your own posts. You are falsely accusing me, and I do believe you owe me an apology. Please don't make me go back and do all that quoting.

Just re-read your own posts, and please stop denying you haven't said things that you clearly have said. In fact it is here for all to see.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
perhaps hijack is too strong of a term. i'd prefer to think of it as "continued" the traditions but not ALL of them. some of the traditions were kept and worked into the new social structure. some of the traditions were outlawed. but clearly the least offensive ones were kept such as those marking the passage of the seasons, which isn't technically a pagan tradition, since hebrews also marked the passage of the seasons for planting and harvesting. they just didn't honor the seasons in the same ways as other nations did.

i think we also need a re-tooling of the word
"pagan", since it's being used today to describe anything that isn't judeo-christian and i ain't so sure that's precise enough.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Indeed and let us remember at all times that millions live like this "without jesus" and let us not forget that the very being that gave the instruction to commit those repugnant activities was in fact your jesusyahweh god.

Jesus Christ did not create communism, Sharia Law or human dicatorship or ask for anyone to commit war.

Of course let us go back to wondering if there is life in the universe like those aliens NASA and SETI have put their tax payers money into, let them believe that there could be life elsewhere but the whole concept of it has been answered with contact with God. If some believe God is an Alien and so with his Angels then it is either a Satanic conspiracy or they are just going to find out that maybe the universe has a design and purpose built by God himself.

An let us remember that this tradition was a a pagan tradition hijacked by the xtian religion the 3 wise men being a memory of the 3 stars of orion . A tradition that would seem to celebrate xtianity forcing itself upon other cultures where it was rejected.

And let us not forget the tradition of torture and murder to help this new religion take root in the minds of those that would reject it.

It depends how deep you go, the Bible states that it has been high jacked many times in scripture with counterfeits. As for the stars then you have to think of how the whole mechanism of the universe fits into it.
The story of the constellations were given as the story of Christ's life and challenges, again you can say maybe the Egyptians made this up, but they are no longer here to take the tail, the Jews are still here as a people or genetic linage, they are not. This is hidden knowledge that today not many understand or know of it, again without the Bible as back up today’s world would be ignorant and without passion in search for clues of the ancient world that the Bible speaks of and has been passed on to many countries and different cultures. Without it people would not know where to cross reference, yet still places and events are being discovered. Even if another culture had to find the Bible and read it as some historical manual then I am sure people will start to believe as they start to find evidence in the ground and names of ancient people, it would just start over again, but man and his one track method and oppressed systems even make it against the law to do so, what kind of nature and spirit are they sucking in you may ask, how does it fit into the enemies of the Bible, can people not see the personality and spirit of the anti-christ at work because the parallels are striking?. You will not see it if you see it from the outside looking in.

If the Jews had lost their historical connection you could say they are making it up but they are not as things remain the same, the only changes is the New Testament, and all the non Jews are Muslim Arabs or apostate non Christ followers with a different view made centries later.

Let those who would choose to live in freedom look to reason to understand tolerance, let us embrace free thinking and put aside bronze age mythology to where it belongs, the shelves of libraries.

I doubt if man is capable with that unless they are in an extremist non human rights unbalanced society that can control them. This is where Europe is heading, into tribal wars like some say the cavemen were at. Already man without spirituality is lost, people kill each other without reason they have no hope, reason or guidence and are lost the feeling of being human again.

Maybe because of this unstable human behaviour Man has embraced religion and maybe by a majority non forced death upon them but the right to know about the history of the Bible that they could relate and add some order to society throughout history. If the path of Christ is mirrored then we won't see so much suffering, but the fact is that even if people want to share the love of the community and a positive moral attitude they world ends up hating them. How many beautiful animals and kind people of this world have been killed because of the uncontrolled nature of man? Once people start to add their own verses to the Bible and make part2 of the Bible the extremist nature of that version comes knocking at the door and Jehovah Witnesses are no better.

If people like to do away with the Bible in the west then I am afraid to say you won't have the knowledge, the strength or the system to counteract new dangers, I bet Satan is waiting to put you through hell before he even meets you there, maybe he wants more people there go there so he can rub it in to Christ.

Good luck to those who want to do it their way and completely loose this knowledge I am sure the world would be happy again looking to the stars like those Egyptians once did thinking, how to get up there and find immortality.

It has all gone in circles before like the Bible tries to explain, just stick to the Bible, there is so much more to find out and to avoid from man's old mistakes.

We could build another Noah's Ark to try and save the animals or something, it has happened all before we just need to learn a bit from it.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As to the OP, you want to see some real persecution? Try being an agnostic or atheist in the deep south. As to Christian persecution, most bring it on themselves by INSISTING that there's is the only way and that everyone else is fuc**ed. I mean geez, what do you expect?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I'm from the 'deep south' and have only kicked an atheist in the balls.......... lol(not really)
Haven't seen any other atheist persecution.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
merry christmas to my fellow christians and non-christians.
here's a little musical treat. and although it may not be very christian, you have to stand in awe of the musical talent of this young lady.

now that's gotta be a gift from god. it's astounding.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't really understand what you are asking or saying to me...complexion? actions of the UK? I just checked my post and nope..still don't see where you are coming from.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread, but who are the Christians persecuting now?

Gays, Jews, Muslims and pagans are the usual targets, so I take it they've expanded their range of operations?

Never did trust the "Peace, Love, and Tolerance" crap they spout.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

"I do not think you think you are better than me. I think you think I am less than human."

Wow.... How dare you presume to know what I think!!
I DO NOT think you are less than human!! You are so far over the line there that you cannot SEE the line!..... That comment has saddend me more than anything else i have read on this site...... Mannnnnn The nerve of some people!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

who is THE CHRISTIANS?
you mean some christians?
some men also murder women!
some women also murder men!
what the he-double-hockey-sticks does THE CHRISTIANS mean?
THERE ARE GAY CHRISTIANS FOR CRYIN' OUTLOUD!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by undo]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow it is interesting to read through this thread and see the two types of people that it has attracted and thier comments...

moocowman obviously represents one side of the argument but I can't fathom why he is on here crusading the way he is?

In one post on the previous page he writes

For your information I have a very happy successful existence, my life is one filled with joy. My life and that of my family is also to a point free from biblical nonsense and I intend keeping that way.

I am not nor ever have been defending atheism, I am attacking supernatural beliefs that are used by some to influence how I or my family choose to live.

When it come to protecting my way of life and that of my family I just happen to be evolved enough to use debate eg this type of forum.
Although many of those who would attempt to dictate how
I should live have a history of using violence fear and political manipulation, I'm sticking with debate for now and will bring it to you if you believe you have the right moral authority.

But , when it comes to the world of extremes as often occurs when dealing with religious delusion I would not have an issue with the use of napalm and such to protect my way of life lol.

signature
I DON'T HATE CHRISTIANS, I HATE WHAT THEY DO

Then on the next page he writes...

We should never forget that there are some that would take us to court and perhaps put us to death for even thinking that their gods are imaginary.

And we should never forget that free speech means free from "all mouths" and does not incite harm to others or intend to restrict or decry or demean their personal actions and choices that are within the law.

I havent seen anyone else on this entire site (or elsewhere for that matter) that is so afraid of Christianity so much where he cannot even spell out the word in his posts.

If you are truly happy I am glad you are happy! Where you say your life is free from Biblical non-sense I dont buy it. You are seeking out Biblical discussions on here all the time as is evident by every post in this thread by you.

How are you protecting your way of life and thereby your family by comming to ATS to argue about Christianity?

Use of napalm and such? Are you insinuating you would kill those who try to share thier belief with you as it endangers you and your familys way of life?
(I hope you are just joking here and not such an extremist as you apear to be at times)

As your sig line states you hate what Christians do which is to share thier faith with others. I would bet it would be ok to talk to you about anything else under the sun and that would be cool with you but Christ is to offensive to even type?

In your next posts i qouted your afraid of being sued or killed by Christians because you deny thier God you state. Is this the reason you come to these threads in the first place?

Then you go on about how freedom of speech is important to you and how it should apply to everyone but you should have put your disclamer here Unless it is about Christ, God, Religion, Etc and is in any way directed to you or your family may see it and your way of life will be endangered.

Those people should not be allowed to speak of such things right?

What are you really so afraid of?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Once again, not to be uncle scrooge here, but can somebody explain to me why this thread is in the economics/meltdown forum????

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join