It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cisco, NASA Reveal Planetary Skin Institute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Cisco, NASA Reveal Planetary Skin Institute

www.fastcompany.com

Earlier this year, NASA and Cisco announced the launch of Planetary Skin, an ambitious global monitoring system of environmental conditions that uses a worldwide network of sensors to analyze, well, everything happening on the planet--i.e. space satellites tracking tidal flows, RFID tags tracing apples from farm to market, electric eyes counting road traffic. Now NASA and Cisco have formally announced the Planetary Skin Institute, the organization that will develop and prototype all the technolgy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
it seems like everything is starting to fall in place for the new world government. Tracking apples from farm to market. ha sounds like a good way to track people among other things. im not about to start making tin foil hats or anything but the stuff ive been reading on ats really goes along with this.

www.fastcompany.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I can imagine within 10-20 years running a country will be exctly like playing Civilization(the game)

the whole country can basically be controlled via one computer, on the leaders desk.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
your probably right and the sad thing about it is there really isnt anything that we can do... sigh... oh well

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I iwas going to say the same thing, like a big SIMcity game.

Theres alot to be learned, though also.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

Of course there is! I'll be on the front lines, un-trackable except by sight.
You're free to join too. If RFID-chipping is implemented you will be able to recognize me by my new uniform:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b2376f3db8cb365e.png[/atsimg]

top topics

join