It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and Merry Christmas, now time for your experience!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hello all,

Firstly, I'd like to say that I love cooking and its a shame that there isn't more posts on this part of the forum as I love reading about food!

Secondly, Merry Christmas!

Now, thirdly I was thinking of experimenting with a chicken dish. Something quick and simple but tasty, so I thought about parboiling chicken then marinating it with soy sauce and white pepper with a dash of tabasco sauce to perk it up.

I figured the white pepper will counter act the salty soy sauce and the tabasco will give it a slight kick.

Then after marinating I'll either grill it or bake it?

What do you guys think? Will this work or not? It's something I've completely made up and would like to try it although obviously I won't if it's going to be a disaster :-(

Thoughts....

[edit on 17/12/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What cut of the chicken are you using? Leg, breast? the whole thing?

The pepper won't counter the saltiness, but will compliment it by completing the seasoning. Have you thought about adding a dimension of freshness with herbs? Corriander, lemongrass, lime leaves, or other asian herbs will all add a nice fragrant quality to your recipe. Many asian cuisines use sweetness to couter the saltiness too: honey, sugar, coconut are all common, and good.

If I'm doing chicken this way, first thing I do is seal the chicken in some hot oil in a wok or frying pan, then add some plain (unseasoned - or it ends up too salty) chicken stock, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer. This will effectively poach and steam the chicken, which will keep it moist and tender. The reduced stock that remains will give a great base for your sauce to which you can add all your flavours (soy sauce, pepper, tabasco).

Hope that helps!

new topics

join