It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This it for me here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No I am not dieing.

I am going to enlist in the air force after new years.

I am joining for 3 resins one I want to fly. Ever scene I was little and saw things flying in the sky. The other resin is because I need a better life then working a boring job and going to collage the third is I want to know the truth and here is hoping that I find it. I know there going to be doing a background check on me. So that is why I am leaving ATS I will miss the site but I have to have a clean record. I will not be replying to any comments from now on.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Rare, you live in S'water right? Same as me.

A background check for the AF isn't going to show anything to do with ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I guess they don't have computers w. internet access in the Air Force. Bummer.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I thought that there are a bunch of active military who post here from their barracks and offices???
Oh well, tanks for the memories.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Good luck to ya

Don't worry you will only be away from ATS for maybe the first four months, after that you will have your job there and your hours. Although you may not be able to spen as much time on ATS you will still be able to come here.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
May I humbly suggest if you love flight, that you look into becoming a private or commercial pilot.. anything but join the military. You will be ordered to kill the "enemy" that is not so clear cut that he IS the enemy..

You will have to follow orders for wars we have no business being involved in. This is Not defending your country. This military is a machine in the hands of a few to destroy their political enemies. It has very little to do with defending this country unless our soil were actually attacked.

In this respect, I Hope you can live with being a murderer because that is what you would amount to being if you let yourself take orders of this kind.

If our soil were directly threatened, that would be a different story, and I would be proud to see you defend it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Posting on ATS would hardly register (or matter) in a background check...so there's really no worry there. There are plenty of active service men and women who post here, and plenty here in the defense industrial complex as well.

Up to you if you want to leave though, but shouldn't be for these reasons....

If you were trying to get SCI clearance at Nellis or something, MAYBE then, but even then I doubt it...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raregolddragon
No I am not dieing.

I am joining for 3 resins one I want to fly. Ever scene I was little and saw things flying in the sky. The other resin is because I need a better life then working a boring job and going to collage the third is I want to know the truth and here is hoping that I find it. I know there going to be doing a background check on me. So that is why I am leaving ATS I will miss the site but I have to have a clean record. I will not be replying to any comments from now on.

Might i suggest learning how to spell first. Being an airforce pilot requires you to know how to spell.

Oh yeah, most important. You can learn how to spell in college first because you will HAVE to have a college degree in the airforce to be a pilot.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Congrats.....My son is a marine and I believe they are helping him to become an even better person than he already was. Just one thing to say, and I'm not trying in anyway to be mean. Don't you have to take a test to get into the Air Force? If so, you might want to brush up on your spelling...

And of course you'll have internet access in the service. I actually created a myspace account a few years ago for the specific purpose of keeping in contact with my son when he was in Iraq...

I seriously doubt that being a member of ATS will affect your position in the Air Force at all...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I would HIGHLY suggest you have a back up plan.

You can't spell and from some of your posts on this forum you can not even put together a sentence.

I assume you have not talked to a recruiter or taken any of the tests to see if you are qualified.

The Air Force has become very picky in their enlistment process.

Being on these boards is not a problem either.

They don't care what you do on your own time as long as it is not breaking the law and bringing disgrace to the service.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Please watch how close we're getting to personal attacks folks...

Remember, spelling could be due to different native language speakers, etc., etc.
(U.S. Air Force wasn't specified, for example)...we don't know...

Thanks all...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is gold. Logging onto ATS will not prevent you from joining the Air Force before your spelling and general education will.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually I would like to offer a opinion of dissent on the topic of ATS affecting such a life move. Sure it might not affect the OP getting into the military, but if they are going to fly anything serious they will have to undergo the security clearance process which might very well bring up something like ATS. I know if I was applying for a TS I sure wouldn't want to be connected with ATS, cause its not exactly the paragon of sanity and reason on the internet, and its topics would reflect poorly on an applicant in the realm of a pysch exam.

new topics

top topics

join