It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Copy and paste the thread if your interested in this new archeological find!!

www.dailymail.co.uk... Sea.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

bless
spirit

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Excuse the previous link it was bodged!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Lost city of Atlantis discovered? Grainy images show city-like formations at the bottom of the Caribbean

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 5:24 PM on 17th December 2009

A group of 'undersea archaeologists' have become the latest to claim they have uncovered the lost city of Atlantis.

The scientists - who have refused to identify themselves - have released a series of images taken beneath the Caribbean.

They insist the snaps show what appear to be the ruins of a city that could pre-date Egypt's pyramids, which appeared after 2600BC.
The pattern on the sea-bed could be the ruins of a city that pre-dates the Egyptian pyramids, the group said

The pattern on the sea-bed could be the ruins of a city that pre-dates the Egyptian pyramids, the group said

Could it be? The grainy images, released to a French newspaper by an anonymous group, appear to show grid-like structures that resemble the streets of a city

They even told a French newspaper that one of the structures appears to be a pyramid.

Now the anonymous group wants to raise funds to explore the secret location where the images were taken.

They would not reveal the exact location, however, saying only that it was somewhere in the Caribbean Sea.

The claims have raised eyebrows on the internet, though sceptics refrained from debunking them entirely - just in case.

Could it be? This image released by the unnamed group shows what appears to be a grid-like pattern that could resemble the streets of a city

Mysterious: The group said the images were taken beneath the Caribbean Sea - but they would not give an exact location, saying they are hoping to raise funds to explore further

The images are taken from beneath the Caribbean Sea, the researchers claim - though they would not reveal the exact location

The images are taken from beneath the Caribbean Sea, the researchers claim - though they would not reveal the exact location

The legend of Atlantis, a city of astonishing wealth, knowledge and power that sank beneath the ocean waves, has fascinated millions.

Time and time again hopes have been raised that the lost city has been found - only for those hopes to be dashed against the evidence (or lack thereof).

Its location - or at least the source of the legend - remained a tantalising mystery.

In 1997, Russian scientists claimed to have found Atlantis 100 miles off Land's End.

In 2000 a ruined town was found under 300ft of water off the north coast of Turkey in the Black Sea.

The area is thought to have been swamped by a great flood around 5000BC, possibly the floods referred to in the Old Testament.
Enlarge atlantis

In 2004 an American architect used sonar to reveal man-made walls a mile deep in the Mediterranean between Cyprus and Syria.

In 2007 Swedish researchers claimed the city lay on the Dogger Bank in the North Sea, which was submerged in the Bronze Age.

And as recently as February of this year, what appeared to be grid-like lines that resembled city streets were spotted on Google Earth - in the ocean off the coast of Africa.

Sadly Google itself quickly debunked the suggestion, explaining that the lines were left by a boat as it collected data for the application.

'Bathymetric (sea-floor) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea-floor,' a spokesman said.

'The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data.'

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Last Updated: Monday, 15 November, 2004, 01:21 GMT

I wonder why 5 years later we still haven't an update?
It is interesting thou

edit:
my reply was tot he second link posted

[edit on 12/17/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
yeah sorry man the first and second links are duds man the page wouldnt let me copy the link properly so i did a bit of the cut and paste article...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OMG, this has already been covered, its all BS.

Gezzz

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are so many possible locations claimed for Atlantis that it is difficult to get excited about another, though the picture is interesting. We need to keep in mind that the sea level has risen from what it once was, hence the finding of ruins off of Florida, India, Japan, Greece, etc... So, how can we really tell what was Atlantis?

I've also heard that Atlantis was just not one place, but spread all over - pretty much where ever there are large pyramids constructed. But who really knows? I'm still waiting for some ancient document to arise, maybe from under the Sphinx or whatnot, lol, to tell us some intriguing history.

But thank you for your post, OP. I do like to see what they find at the bottom of seas. It is facinating.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yeah i agree man but i think this is something deeper, its a whole city underwater man!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"The claims have raised eyebrows on the internet, though sceptics refrained from debunking them entirely - just in case."

that means ATS.

story

[edit on 17-12-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
lol yeah i guessed that too....

i just realised that link has the story linked at the bottom of the page! duh lol

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So they found Atlantis we are all saved bring on the enlightenment. Sorry had do it

Seriously how would we even know its atlantis? maybe theres a sign on the front gate

This stuff cracks me up seriously folks nice title way to disappoint me im fragile.it would for once be nice if the title was lame and the thread would be full of amazing new information i half expected this to have some new info its obvious that this pic isnt what is suggested and just because its underwater doesnt mean its the magical land of Atlantis where people had super advanced technology to save our f d up world.
welp my two cents i be moving on now but thanks for the imagination would be cool if at least one of these far out threads held some water for once.
o well

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Gezzz

Hate to say it but get a life!

OP:
S&F!!!
This is an interesting article especially since Atlantis was supposed to be in the ATLANTIC. But I digress this is an amazing find it's a few years off of Edgar Cayce's prophecy of the discovery of Atlantis but it has me excited of the prospect of a team of scientists going out there to do some hands on research / exploration can't wait!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
thanks and appreciated...

i thought it was intersting more so than the images, the timing of the find. with all the new things happening on ats of late its just another thing to add onto the crazy spiral of events gearing us up for some big climax, like they say theres no smoke without fire.... but i guess time will tell..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

??? Why are people so pessimistic? This is an amazing find! Is it because they haven't read the actual article? Or perhaps have NO IDEA AT ALL about any information pertaining to Atlantis? An ancient civilization extremely technologically advanced that somehow destroyed its self well before most recorded history, IMO that's pretty bloody thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
So they found Atlantis we are all saved bring on the enlightenment. Sorry had do it

Seriously how would we even know its atlantis? maybe theres a sign on the front gate

This stuff cracks me up seriously folks nice title way to disappoint me im fragile.it would for once be nice if the title was lame and the thread would be full of amazing new information i half expected this to have some new info its obvious that this pic isnt what is suggested and just because its underwater doesnt mean its the magical land of Atlantis where people had super advanced technology to save our f d up world.
welp my two cents i be moving on now but thanks for the imagination would be cool if at least one of these far out threads held some water for once.
o well

The hill, as a whole, basically looks like a walled, hillside territory and this hillside territory matches Plato's description of the Acropolis hill with perfect precision," he said.

"Even the dimensions are exactly perfect, so if all these things are coincidental, I mean, we have the world's greatest coincidence going on."

Possibly a little bit of inference?
IDK, it's a lot more promising than those crappy satallite photos in a recent thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i agree, cud be the missing link that connects our history in a way that puts so many issues to rest...

i cant remember where i read it but i do remember reading somewhere that many discoveries will come to pass from ancient times that TPTB would use to discredit religion... i dont know if it is valid or not but a discovery could come out of atlantis or egypt that could blow the religious world to bits.... just a thought from a past read....id still like there to be a god tho... lol

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

Id love to be amazed but hate to say it nothing was found yet( misleading title )its a big what if and i do think it is interesting thats why i read and came back again to read more. But its more amazing to find underwater ruins then to make it fantasy and call it Atlantis wich i remind you comes from ancient writngs that are yet to be proven to be facts.
I cant wait until there is a truly earth changing find or event to give us something 100% factual to discuss and learn from.
dont get me wrong imagination is key but if it runs rampid it clouds the truth and discredits those truly searching for truth in the many mysterys we are faced with
Peace and have a great holiday

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This has already been proven to be a fake from Google Earth. If you go to Google Earth and zoom in really fast on a city, those pictures are identical.

Link to other post: Other Post

[edit on 17-12-2009 by EmperorZeno]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution

Originally posted by the_denv

Gezzz

Hate to say it but get a life!

OP:
S&F!!!
This is an interesting article especially since Atlantis was supposed to be in the ATLANTIC. But I digress this is an amazing find it's a few years off of Edgar Cayce's prophecy of the discovery of Atlantis but it has me excited of the prospect of a team of scientists going out there to do some hands on research / exploration can't wait!

Get a life?

First you insult me, then type up a lot of nonsense. That BBC article was 2004 and all the rest of the pictures where faked. I assume you never even read the other numerous threads recently about Atlantis? That French newspaper was called heralddeparis.com and its managed and registered by a guy called Alexander from 65 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, California 94101, United States. That, plus all these scientists want to remain "unknown".

Believe me, I could type a thesis on Atlantis and I really want it to be discovered to, but you (like many others) prefer to insult people that actually do their homework all because your so damn gullible to believe in any stories told you rather than using common sense and proper research.

You want to know about Atlantis, start by reading, watching and listening to Michael Tsarion's research of Atlantis. Don't be so damn quick to label people and I think you would be the type of person more inclined to "get a life" (what you said to me without explaining as to why).

Seriously, grow up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join