It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-Incidence? - Fireball follows Earthquake in Nebraska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"At 9 p.m. Central Time on Dec. 16th, a very bright meteor lit up the completely overcast sky like lightning in southeast Nebraska," reports Trooper Jerry Chab of the Nebraska State Patrol. "It flashed for approximately 2 seconds and was followed by ground shaking, which prompted many calls by the public to law enforcement in a three county wide area." The USGS says there was a magnitude 3.5 earthquake near Auburn, Nebraska, at 8:53 pm Wednesday night, about the same time and place as the fireball. Coincidence?

www.sott.net...

Quite a Co-Incidence if its true. what are the chances eh? by the report it looks as if the fireball happened after the quake too, so no chance the fireball caused the quake!

Space weather picked it up too -

"If the earthquake is confirmed, as it appears to be, I think we have the most cosmic of coincidences: A large fireball around the same time of an earthquake," says Chab. "I am simply amazed

One possible interpretation of these events is that a small asteroid hit Earth's atmosphere and caused the ground to shake when it exploded in mid-air. However, the timing might not be right. The quake seems to have preceded the fireball

More news reports here -

spaceweather.com...

www.1011now.com...

www.ketv.com...

anyone have any ideas here? Is it just a very rare co-incidence we have here, or something more sinister?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
yep something really sinister in a natural phenomenon.

coincidence. move along nothing to see here

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
there most likely is a very sinister undertone to this whole story. since the US government deems these 'fireballs' incidents as national security issues we won't get a drop of info as to what the real story is. maybe it's just me, but fireballs flying across the sky with loud thunderous sounds following seems like a subject that should merit a little more attention than natural phenomena. Maybe it's the Transformers coming, lol

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
arent there some nuclear bases in nebraska too?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to sorcha faal it was a cruisemissle heading for Offut AFB that was destroyed by a directed energy weapon. Sorcha has no crediblity but I thought I'd throw that in for interest.

I have read that earthuakes release a great deal of energy that can sometimes be electric in nature. I don;t think the 2 are separate events at any rate.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok right off the back I want to say I am not supporting this man.... But just for another co-incidence didn't Ben ford say something about whenhe was in japan some sercret socitey contact him and tell warn him about an earthquake that was gonna happen in japan ... The next day when it ahppened he sau he saw a orb like light the preceded the earthqauke ... The video should be on YouTube

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of effort put into convincing us this was not something from space hitting the Earth or that at least the earthquake came first, negating the possibility of the thing from space caused the earthquake.

However the trooper sounds completely honest, and nothing in any of these reports suggests the meteor came first.

One way to find the truth is to look at the patterns in illogical denials, and see who they benefit.

If a heavy piece of space junk had fallen back to earth, there could be good reason, (from the government's point of view,) for keeping us in the dark. If it was a meteor, (more likely, because of the weight needed to shake the ground that much,) perhaps they don't want the Russians to know it could get through the missile defence system unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"When the Snakes Awake" deals with animal earthquake behavious, but it poses the theory that they can feel impending quakes by the build up of electical charges in the air. I have also seen a satilite picture of clouds that parted over a fault line before a quake. This seems to indicate ground to earth interatation. Light balls have also been spotted before quakes, but this is the first time I have heard of lights occurring post quake.

new topics

top topics

join