It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use the Search Function!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is a search function for a reason!

The search function is your friend!

I know we're all just chilling and reading a few threads and having some discussions and it's nothing to start tearing our hair out about

But is it just me, or are others sick of seeing each day, threads being posted about the same thing?

One such example is the story of the little boy with needles found in his stomach. I am sure that has been posted three times now, not to mention the threads about how if you type illuminati backwards in the address bar it takes you to the NSA website.

I know there is probably a slight irony in the fact that people have probably already made threads about the same subject i am doing right now, but this is just a rant and in BTS.

My suggestion is that people should get some points taken away and a warning if they happen to make a thread about something that's already been posted. If they do it once then maybe let them off, but say if they do it three times then take some points away and give them a warning.

What do others think?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'll second that...as a forum owner I know the pains of wasted space when there are twleve threads on the same subject

I imagine there must be some difficulty here though due to the sheer size of this place

still ti is a point well made

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I understand, but every user is not on here everyday and once and a while certain threads are good enough that they need to be repeated. But if it is a current news event, then search before you post because there is a 99% chance that someone else got here first.

new topics

join