It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question re: disclosure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why it seems that disclosure is dependent on Barack Obama.
If the government of another country wishes to disclose, what is to stop them?
I know this is very short, but I really would like to understand the ifs and whys.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If there is truly anything to disclose, you can bet your socks it wont be disclosed to us any time soon.
Obama is a figurehead, just like the other ones before him.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
(My first post here)

Good question. I have also thought about it. Makes me think either there are no UFOs at all or all governments share a common interest in not telling us about.

First, I'll quote Gandhi: "truth never damages a cause that is just".

Assuming UFOs are real, what do governments fear? AFAIK there are three main theories:

1. We are being controlled and the 'controllers' (either human or alien) do not want to lose power.
2. The aliens have told governments not to disclose yet, maybe because we are not ready.
3. A [natural] doomsday scenario is expected and UFOs are related to the preparations for it. Only a few selected people is expected to survive and the governments need us all working and peacefully living our lives meanwhile.

Theory #2 seems a bit silly to me, to be honest, in case aliens are friendly.
If theory #3 is true it is strange we do not have more whistleblowers. I think there are many bad, selfish people around (e.g. many politicians) but I also think there are good (some even credible) people who would tell us about clearly.
Regarding #1, it seems difficult to believe the controllers have so much power. Maybe we are held in a 'dumb' state? Think in a Matrix or Dark City scenario. Of course this is just speculative thinking.

Any other theories?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by WormwoodHour]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodHour
(My first post here)

Welcome.

Good question. I have also thought about it. Makes me think either there are no UFOs at all or all governments share a common interest in not telling us about.

You forgot one scenario: Governments are aware of the UFO phenomenon but have no concrete knowledge about its origins or motives. They could have nothing to disclose other than their ignorance about the phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Welcome.

Thanks

You forgot one scenario: Governments are aware of the UFO phenomenon but have no concrete knowledge about its origins or motives. They could have nothing to disclose other than their ignorance about the phenomenon.

True, it is another scenario. I do not think it is likely though. I think, given the deep economic crisis, governments would like to distract people by any means (this is a reasonable explanation for all the flu theatre). I think saying UFOs are real, a mystery but probably friendly, and giving a few examples would be an excellent, entertaining side story.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

True, it is another scenario. I do not think it is likely though.

Fair enough. Why don't you think it's likely, if you don't mind me asking?

I think saying UFOs are real, a mystery but probably friendly, and giving a few examples would be an excellent, entertaining side story.

And saying UFOs were real and a threat to mankind would help the military-intelligence-homeland security-industrial complex (and further the agenda for more control, privacy intrusion and defense spending) that so many people identify as the perpetrators of the secrecy and cover-up in the first place.

But nobody has said anything either way. In fact they've (the US and UK Military in particular) always denied any interest in UFOs, or that they even have any defense interest in them.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
because like any delusional fantasy it CAN'T make sense. In order for the disclosure to go down the way people want it to it means that the governement must have proof of aliens and UFOs of ET origin. The whole disclosure thing is faulty logic.
Let's look at it like this.
Say i have an empty box and nobody knows it is empty but me. Now let's say David Icke comes along and says that my box is full of shape shifting reptilians and someone else comes along and says in november i will be revealing proof of reptilians by opening my box to the world November 16th.
Now if i open the box only to show nothing inside it will not satisfy anyone and it would be seen as mis-info because i am still hidding the truth. If i hide the box then it seen as im hidding proof of some sort. To get "disclosure" you have to assume that there is something hidden.
The disclosure project has not really accomplished much besides documenting some testimony, but that is it. We have whistle blowers talking now that have worked in the military and they really have not disclosed all that much. So far all we have is more witness reports from people that worked in the military,really nothing special.
I do not think disclosure will ever happen in the sense that people think. I think there is really nothing of great importance hidden.
France had "disclosure" and it turned out to be nothing special, just the regular "this is what we saw, we don't know what it is"

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I might depend on who has the power over over saucers, free energy
and other technology.

I think they are still playing with it and nothing is getting out to us.

With so much power in control for say 50 years they might expect
things to continue the same for the next 50 years.

So its not up to any government.
America is the security guard over the technology.

Given the speed of the craft they all might come from one location.
If we suspect locations of US, Canada, UK and Europe and South
America, what are the security arrangements.

The security must be higher than when Hitler was developing
his or the Illuminati's New World Order Technology of Tesla's
carbon less energy.

Think about it.
Would Germany like a few Niagara Falls in their country.
Tesla said in 1904 his tower would be the power of two Niagara Falls.
Tesla had European spies since before 1900,
New World Order plans were surly started by the 1914 purchase
of technology from Tesla.
America completely ignored and banned finance to Tesla but by 1943
Nazi spies told American authorities Germany was developing what
the US Government rejected from Tesla many proposals.
Details of these proposal must now be locked up at Los Alamos as
well as work Germany did from von Braun patriation.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

The reason is in the post: because I think it would be used to divert people's attention over the current, very serious, economic crisis.

I am not a serial-debunker, but I try to analyse the situation, all the options.
Sorry if my choice of words was not appropiate. English is not my first language.

I had never spent much time thinking in UFOs and conspiracy theories until recently (a few months ago). I started to suspect there is something strange going on after reading much about the economic crisis, and then the H1N1 virus.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The reason is in the post: because I think it would be used to divert people's attention over the current, very serious, economic crisis.

I understood your point, but even though I agree that it could be used to divert people's attention, it still doesn't necessarily mean they know everything about UFOs. They could be lying about that just as well.

But my main argument regarding that theory is why would they divert people's attention to something, in my opinion, much more controversial and earth-shattering than the economic crisis?

There have been economic crisis and depressions in the past, and our civilization is still here. No one knows, however, what will happen if they disclosed the existence of extra-terrestrial beings and their possible visitation to our planet.

I am not a serial-debunker, but I try to analyse the situation, all the options. Sorry if my choice of words was not appropiate. English is not my first language.

You expressed yourself perfectly, don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The government has enough problems holding the trust of the populace. How would it look if they admit they've been lying to everyone for the last fourty years? I can just hear it now. "We're going to give you all the information on aliens we have. Trust us!!!"

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

Can someone tell me why it seems that disclosure is dependent on Barack Obama.

Figuratively speaking, Obama represents change and of course, hope, to millions.

His worthiness is not so much in question because most people prefer the iconic to the down and dirty.

Reality is, right now, not an issue as much as is the comfort of perception so... it stands to pretty good reason that the long suffering UFO community chose him as a hero for the same reasons the electorate did as president.

Change is good. The perception of change is almost that good and with it comes hope... and that is the primary product.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

Can someone tell me why it seems that disclosure is dependent on Barack Obama

It is not dependent on Barak Obama. You have been on ATS for a while now and you should know that disclosure was "comming soon" long before Obama was president. Disclosure always will and always has been "comming soon" just like all the end of the world predictions.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think because the U.S. probably has the most intimate relationship with E.T. UFOs and the phenomena that other countries would like to see us disclose first. I'm sure they have some timeline in place though that if Obama doesn't...perhaps they will. Look at the release from the Mexican Air-force a few weeks back. A government endorsed UFO video....Sounds like a warning to the U.S. to disclose to me...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks for all of your replies. I'm sorry I couldn't get back to the thread last night; I got stuck in the snow... lovely!
Redoubt, perhaps I should have asked why it is down to the U.S to disclose. Sorry, I should have chosen my words better.
I wonder if there is a global agreement between governments regarding secrecy over E,Ts.
However, if E.T is part of the secrecy, they are not going out of their way to keep out of sight are they?

new topics

top topics

join