It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton offers to raise $1 trillion to help address climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Clinton offers to raise $1 trillion to help address climate change

ca.news.yahoo.com

America's top diplomat showed up Thursday with an offer she hoped would break an impasse threatening the outcome of UN climate talks.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said her country is offering to help raise $100 billion a year for the next decade to help the most vulnerable nations cope with a warming planet.

But there's a catch. Two, actually...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So first of all, how on earth is the US going to raise 1 trillion dollars in 10 years when they are already in debt trillions upon trillions of dollars?

And the two "catches" seem a little suspicious to me...

EVERYONE must agree to the climate deal, and they all must agree to transparency in reporting emission reports and cuts.

For those of you who don't live in Canada, the Copenhagen talks have been getting prime attention on the MSM, mostly because of Canada's refusal to slow development and give realistic emission cut goals to Alberta's oil-sands, the 2nd largest oil reserve in the world. The government has been getting a lot of criticism, especially from third world countries.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/12/0909 by Monts]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

And on the same day Obama uses fear tactics to urge the passage of the healthcare bill, because the US will go bankrupt if we don't!

And all this on the same day they pass a 1.5 trillion dollar new spending bill!

Does anyone else see the absurdity in this? It is like some sick Monty Python skit or something! it is just insane!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said her country is offering to help raise $100 billion a year for the next decade to help the most vulnerable nations cope with a warming planet.

Hopefully, she makes sure that the US is recognized as the most vulnerable nation...Isn't it time that the US get a 'handout'?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So, does this mean financial aid to buy CFL's for remote villages in the Amazon? Water saving toilets in Swaziland? This is ridiculous at best. I think we should be dealing with more important foreign policy issues Mrs. Clinton.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Kinda answers the question of WHY so many illegal immigrants want to go to

the USA.

The way the Governments throws Money around, trillion here , trillion there

lose a few trillion now and then, Anyone from a outside country surely

must think the roads are paved with Gold.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
URGENT LETTER TO THE USA
Why were your dollars once printed with "Worth its value in Gold"

and now says

"This is a Legal Tender"

Answer that and youll understand why this is all a big show.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
URGENT LETTER TO THE USA
Why were your dollars once printed with "Worth its value in Gold"

and now says

"This is a Legal Tender"

Answer that and youll understand why this is all a big show.

A good book, which I recommend everyone read is "How I clobbered every Bureaucratic and Cash Confiscatory Agency Known to Mankind...A Spiritual Economics Book" by Mary Croft

I also recommend searching out these terms: House Joint Resolution 192 is a good thing to know about. Other keywords: sovereign, accept for value, admiralty/maritime jurisdiction vs. common law, Uniform Commercial Code.. to name a few.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The deal is superficial rubbish.

Why doesn't usa pay more, to help the world, if it is serious. Sounds like they are just trying to control the world, on the cheap.

If they do get a deal, it will only be superficial rubbish, just for the show that is obama.

The world is being shafted, by the ptb that just want to keep there control over it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Typical of the Clinton crime family to do.

If this doesn't get any more cystal that your getting screwed, what the hell is ?

When is it time to kick these fools out of power ? Rhetorical question to ask but I still felt it worthy.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Help the poorer nations how? People that burn fossil fuels live longer, people who don't burn fossil fuels live less. Are they're going to help these third world countries burn less fossil fuels? I'm just trying to understand the real initiative behind it. The earth has been cooling for 9 years so why is America really funding this? Has to be somewhat more than a popularity campaign.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What I don't remember telling Mrs. Clinton she could giveaway upto a tril to other countries to help the "Climate change" issue. I think I would like to have more of a say in this issue, I mean the money that she is obligating is not coming from her pockets. Its coming from mine and the rest of the middle class work horse pockets. This is just a sick injustice. I am going to to write Mrs.Clinton a letter asking how we can throw money at "Climate Change" aid for other countries but can fix the U.S. homeless problem, or have better funding for public schools, and Aid for children with disabilities. Guess that does not matter to Mrs. Clinton or Al Gore.

Oh what I just got, it they can't make money off actually helping there fellow country-man, Just off fear mongering and wars that have no relevant purpose.

-Morpheus

new topics

top topics

join