It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate panel OKs nomination of Ben Bernanke as Federal Reserve chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – A Senate panel on Thursday approved the nomination of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to run the nation's central bank for another four years.
Senate Panel clears Bernanke

I love how the MSM is not showing videos from the hearing yet... Mr.Dodd basically declared he voting to be done right away when a strong minority wanted to postpone yet unit ll after recess, so they would be able to look at the documents, and investigate more before voting. some members even called to abolish the FED .. not saying that they are going to or anything but things are starting to heat up... i wish i could find a clip of Mr.dodd declaring the final say .. boy was it ballyz .. DOdd and shebly resemble mob bosses not only by they looks but also their actions as i say today...

[edit on 17-12-2009 by InterconnecteD]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The Senate Banking Committee on Thursday approved the nomination of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke for a second term

~snip~

The Senate is not expected to take up Bernanke's nomination for a second four-year term at the helm of the U.S. central bank until after it reconvenes after a holiday break on January 19. While approval is widely expected, Bernanke faces an unusual amount of opposition.
Newsmax

Luckily this is nothing more than the approval of his possibly being confirmed for another run. This is NOT the declaration that he has won. He has only been confirmed as the focus of the debate that will be decided in the senate.

new topics

join