It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: NFL Star Chris Henry has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Police: NFL

www.cnn.com

CNN) -- Cincinnati Bengals football player Chris Henry has died, police in Charlotte, North Carolina, confirmed Thursday.

Henry suffered "life-threatening injuries" after falling out of the bed of a pickup during a fight with his fiancee, police said earlier.

The incident occurred shortly before noon Wednesday when Henry's fiancee tried to drive off during a "domestic situation," only to have Henry jump into the bed of the truck, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said in a written statement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Man, is this ever tragic, the NFL has suffered some losses in the past years but this one is truely sad.

I feel horrible for his fiance whom at this point we can only assume did not intend for this to happen.

This man was a star and its a shame to see him suffer such a fate.

For anyone who follows football as closely as most peopel do, or in any sport, they feel a real connection to people like this. Pro athletes hold a place in the hearts of us "normal" people. Today Cincinnati mourns one of their stars.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
Pro athletes hold a place in the hearts of us "normal" people.

I've never heard of the guy and it certainly sounds like a tragedy, but the above statement totally detracts from any feelings of sympathy I might feel for all you "normal" people out there. Was it necessary to take a jab at people who hate sports (like me) as "not normal"? I mean, really...

I'm sorry he died.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What does the NFL franchise in Cinci expect when they draft and hire thugs, criminals and hoodilums?

This man is just one in a long line of Bengals that spent more time in jail than the practice field.

He was arrested 5 times in a 28 month period. Supended by the NFL, and released by the team ( then signed back ). And he is by far NOT the biggest violator on that team.

What "normal" person chases there fiance down and hops in the back of the pickup when she is trying to leave the area?

I do feel bad for the loss of this human life, but choices we make reflect everyday in life AND death.

He played football - he was an athlete - he did not have a special "place" in my heart - nor does Tiger - AROD - Brett - Troy - Vick or any of the rest - they are athletes - entertainment - and alot of them make piss poor life choices ( AROD - Tiger - Vick - and now Henry )

This man was a star and its a shame to see him suffer such a fate.

Its a shame for any HUMAN to lose their life like this, and not because he is a star but because he is HUMAN!

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I assure you, Mr. Henry is very much still alive, and still playing, in a different way.

In a world where 100,000 people die of starvation every day, I find it hard to draw any sympathy for a millionaire star athlete, perhaps we should re-evaluate our priorities.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Pro athletes hold a place in the hearts of us "normal" people.

I've never heard of the guy and it certainly sounds like a tragedy, but the above statement totally detracts from any feelings of sympathy I might feel for all you "normal" people out there. Was it necessary to take a jab at people who hate sports (like me) as "not normal"? I mean, really...

I'm sorry he died.

Wow definatly not what i intended to say with "normal", i meant normal as in not physically gifted to play proffesional sports. Wasnt a jab at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

fair point

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wow definatly not what i intended to say with "normal", i meant normal as in not physically gifted to play proffesional sports. Wasnt a jab at all.

I humbly apologize. I'm really sorry. The wording threw me off. It happens. Sorry.

I can't imagine how his girlfriend must feel.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

not at all!!
yeah it was his fiance and the reportadly just bought the rings, so thats sad.
Dorian made some points which are valid, that he has a criminal past and that he shouldnt be jumping in the back of a pickup truck, those are true statements. Hes a 26 yr old kid though, anyone on here who hasnt done something they didnt fully think through for a women please cast the first stone.
Just because athletes arent held highly by you (sorian) doesnt mean he isnt elsewhere, i was reffering to them who are no doubt suffering something from this loss. If my Maple Leafs lost any player id be crushed for them.
Also my wording of reffering to him as star was not intended to some how alienate all other humans that die, give me a break, how often are athletes reffered to as stars?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

how often are athletes reffered to as stars?

Far too often my friend, far too often.

Thanks for following up my post - I totally understand that people are grieving for him. I was just offering my 2 bits and a quid on the subject.

Oh, and by the way, I am one of the biggest sports fans you are ever going to find....I am just saying.

Dorian Soran

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Dorian Soran]

top topics

join