It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The door to impeachement swings WIDE open! Treasonous acts under investigation!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Libertygal
The way the polls are tanking, I do not see him getting another term.

True, but who puts any weight into polls with 3 years to go until the next election. Hell, poll numbers swing back and forth all the time.

Only time will tell...but I can say that I don't see anyone else in the national spotlight that can take Obama down in the 2011 elections.

Another good point, but I see polls as being an indicator, not so much based on accuracy of the polls, but more revealing in trends.

You can watch the conversations just about anywhere, his supporters are becoming quite disillusioned with him. The hope and change is fading into "ugh not another Bush!".

I am not seeing another contender yet, but as you point out, there is time for poll swings as well as for someone to emerge.

He could turn this around if he wanted to, but at this point, it is almost like he doesn't care about his suppporters, and is more worried about campaigning and getting what he wants.

More symptomatic of a high school team leader than a president.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the contractor is paying off the Taliban. I doubt Obama could be impeached over the misconduct of a contractor. Otherwise, Bush would have been impeached over Blackwater and Halburton.

I really would not be surprised if it was the contractor. They do seem to have a track record of corruption and profiteering while our troops suffered from their substandard goods and services.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
reply to post by Libertygal

Have you stopped to think who would be president if Obama was impeached? NOw that is scary!!!!!

I could not agree with you more! Biden or heaven forbid if something happened to him, Pelosi.

Ummm you do realize that presidents are just puppets right?

They could put Howdy Doody in there and the policies would stay the same .

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It could be the contractors, but I also pointed out in the two additional links that I provided that this was an open plan, as well, so they cannot claim not having knowledge. It was part of the spending bill, so perhaps it was the contractors that did it, but with the full knowledge and support of the administration, not to mention, funds laid out specifically for this purpose.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
They could put Howdy Doody in there and the policies would stay the same .

LOL. At least with Howdy Doody, we might be able to see who is pulling the strings.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

I do agree they are puppets, but to some extent, I believe they too are also allowed a certain amount of "do what you want, as long as you do...."

It is the only explanation of why some things can come about.

I also believe this is why Kennedy was killed, because I think he was not going to be a willing participant.

Just how much they realize, or know they are puppets is where I question it. I think Obama knows, and knew, full well.

I suppose the surprise and perhaps shock that I have is how it is becoming more and more blatant, as if TPTB just do not care anymore what we think. I think this is a signal of a dangerous trend.

Perhaps it's just me, but at least in the past they used to attempt something of a coverup. I don't see that anymore. It is almost as if they are challenging their opposition, daring them to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by daddio

I do agree with a lot of what you said. I do not belive he will be impeached, as I believe he was "installed".

I do find it rather interesting though, that the democrats have already begun an investigation, and news of this is coming *way* after the fact.

I do agree we should have never been there in the first place, and that we should have brought the troops home after Obama was elected. It just goes to show that he is on the same boat as Bush was, and he has now made Bush's agenda his.

I am still not so convinced Bin Laden is dead, but I am also not so certain how much he is in play now,either.

It was reported on CNN in 2001 from a "credible source" within the CIA, I don't believe that for a minute but. He needed kidney dialysis daily as his kidneys were failing. That is a well known fact. So how do you hide the generator to run the machine in a cave? That is how the government knew where he was. All the video is in fact proof he is dead. Muslims don't dye their hair and all the other fake vids. We have been shown really old footage to keep the lie alive. Simple really.

Not to get away from the topic. Impeachment will do nothing, just make some people look good and deciet is always rampant in a power struggle. The truth will set us free, and the truth is that WE are the power, our knowledge and what we do with it. Our positive vibrations and our attitudes. NO FEAR. That is the way to live. Take back what is ours, understand who you are. And so on.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Well, based on that I also heard the CIA was leaving him alone for exactly the same reasons. That he was trackable and able to be easily located for exactly the same reasons, and was better off to them alive rather than dead.

I suppose one theory makes as much sense as the other.

As for the impeachment, though, perhaps some people do see that as a furst step in retaking what they feel is ours. A lot of people I know are simply wondering, as an individual, what power do we really have?

The thing is, any movements are considered laughable, take the tea parties, for instance. Supporters are even referred to as terrorists by their own government.

I cannot see an impeachment happening, as it would signal something has gone horribly wrong, or that TPTB are simply done with Obama and have no more use for him.

Aside from the obvious things, such as who might become president, I think this could be somewhat alarming. Either they have reached a point where Obama is no longer needed, or, he failed.

If he failed, this means the healthcare bill is his, and not TPTB, same with climate talks and cap and trade. So what was it he was really there for?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Well, based on that I also heard the CIA was leaving him alone for exactly the same reasons. That he was trackable and able to be easily located for exactly the same reasons, and was better off to them alive rather than dead.

I suppose one theory makes as much sense as the other.

As for the impeachment, though, perhaps some people do see that as a furst step in retaking what they feel is ours. A lot of people I know are simply wondering, as an individual, what power do we really have?

The thing is, any movements are considered laughable, take the tea parties, for instance. Supporters are even referred to as terrorists by their own government.

I cannot see an impeachment happening, as it would signal something has gone horribly wrong, or that TPTB are simply done with Obama and have no more use for him.

Aside from the obvious things, such as who might become president, I think this could be somewhat alarming. Either they have reached a point where Obama is no longer needed, or, he failed.

If he failed, this means the healthcare bill is his, and not TPTB, same with climate talks and cap and trade. So what was it he was really there for?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
very interesting post. I think we all knew that Obama was up to no good, now apparently he's just stopped caring about hiding it.

Dear God, why do I do this to myself.

Sorry to burst the big bubble guys but if anyone should be indicted for this it should be the LAST ADMINISTRATION THAT STARTED THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE! Not the one that inherited it. Dear God, help us through our ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I don't think anyone in this thread has breathed a word of opposition to that, but the past administration isn't the topic.

Do you have anything to add about the topic? Otherwise, this just isn't a thread I would wish to see turn in to a bash one side or the other type of thread.

The real question comes down to, regardless of "who started it", what are we going to do about it now? And do two wrongs make a right? So Bush started it, I guess now it is okay for Obama to keep it going under the same agenda?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This one might not be buried after all...
  • We know (or at least believe we know) that Obama was 'installed' as the POTUS.

• We know that Hillary Clinton felt during the election that it was her 'destiny' to become the POTUS.

• We know that Hilliary has been at odds with Obama due to his czars minimizing the power of her Secretary of State position. Reference the Hillary Clinton quitting? thread started on 9/10/09.

• We know that Obama's popularity is dropping faster than the economy.

• We now know that Hillary is one of those who is testifying on this matter, from the OP itself:

At a Dec. 2 Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton acknowledged the long, rugged supply lines to landlocked Afghanistan through Pakistan's port city of Karachi offer numerous opportunities for fraud and corruption that pad the Taliban's accounts.

But Clinton said the problem is not solely an Afghan one and neither is the solution. "We just have to be honest here about how complex and difficult this problem is," she said.
    Source: www.foxnews.com...

Now, who stands to attain power if Obama be impeached? Let's look at the order of succession:
  1. Barrack Obama, President of the United States
  2. Joseph Biden, Vice-President of the United States
  3. Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives
  4. Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State

I honestly do not believe Nancy Pelosi would accept the Presidency if it were offered to her. She has the power she wants, and she can get away with much more in the House than she could in the Oval Office. Her financial interests are local to her district, and thus she stands to profit more form remaining a Representative than by becoming POTUS.

So if we leave her out of the equation, that means that in the event of an impeachment, Hillary is exactly one well-timed shot away from the White House. And if there is anyone who would be open to committing such an act, it would have to be the Secretary of State herself. There's been plenty of evidence in the past that her enemies seem to meet with untimely ends.

I have said ever since she ran for Senator that she would not rest until she again sat in the Oval Office. I still maintain that position. To those who say it can't be because TPTB put Obama in, I say in response that it never mattered to them which one got the nod, or even if McCain had won. All of them will follow the same overall agenda, but each will do so according to their personal views. Obama may be a compulsive liar, but Hillary is, IMHO, purely evil.

This is a lower-level war between two personalities. My money is on Clinton; my heart has no one left to root for.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by daddio

Care to provide some "facts" behind Osama being killed? Im willing to bet you cant do that, yet you say it is indeed a fact, id be more careful.

Theories dont count as fact....no wonder people are buying into the global warming "fact" its that line of thinking that leads people down the wrong road.

Point is, you dont know whats fact, and just because YOU think its a fact doesnt make it so, im not attacking you im just pointing out the obvious.

FACT the earth is round(ish) thats a fact
FACT there are 50 states, thats a fact

See what i mean?

whatreallyhappened.com...

Wasn't hard to find, first one on Google. There is so much more out there too. Video interviews with military analysts and such. Maybe what you don't understand is he served his purpose and they don't need him anymore. He was not an effective tool for the propoganda machine, he wanted out. He probably knew they were setting him up also.

Man, what will it take here to wake people up. Obama is a relative, even if 6th or 8th cousin, to Bush. The family tree is huge and doesn't include you or I. They inbreed, to keep it all in the family of 300. Again, watch "The Hidden Empire"

1984news.com...

Sure it is 2 parts and 5 hours long but will give you information that will crack your skull. Kymatica is the same way. As is Mary Croft's book, How I Clobbered every Bureaucratic cash-confiscatory Agency Known to Man.

Read it. I put her website on the first post on page one. Get it?

We can stop this insanity, save for lack of want. Do something, anything is better than nothing. Understand that you have continuously been lied to. History is not what you think it is, it's all a false facade used to decieve and keep us enslaved. Funny, I could give you the 5 questions to send to the IRS that shuts them up permanently. But the Mods would scold me again. I could give you the exact wording on how to talk in court, but again, the Mods would scold me. It is so fun and great when you take back YOUR power. I have the greatest time with the police also, I am very nice and give them and education too. Common Law. That's it, simple.

The one Common Law of God and nature.....Thou shalt NEVER infringe upon another human beings rights, life, liberty or property....EVER!!

No other law applies to human beings. All the "law society" is for is for those people who wish to be ruled because they can't or won't control themselves. Does anyone get it. Obama and any impeachment is a charade, a farce. It will make some people look good and maybe, if we make it that far, set them up for special positions in government. It won't stop the insanity and greed of war or the profiteering of the corporations by killing innocent people and using the weak minded to start conflicts to get the ball roling. What is so hard to understand. Let us come together and take back our nation and the rest of the world from these manipulative, psychopathic megalomaniacs.

DO I hear a hell yes?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
...inherited it..

***Disclaimer***

I'm an Obama supporter

Now, with that being said, I am sick of hearing Obama, his staff AND his supporters pulling the "Inherited it" card. OK, so it was already there when Obama moved into the white house...SO FIX IT THEN...quit biotching about the cards you were dealt...you knew the game before you sat down at the table to play...so play your hand and be a part of the solution...otherwise, he (Obama) is part of the problem...and "inherited it" translates to "too lazy to deal with it" or "incapable of dealing with it". BOTH of which are scary notions.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Bush is gone. He's sitting in Crawford laughing about all the stunts he pulled, but he can no longer make decisions for the USA.

The Republican Party is, for all practical purposes, gone. They lost their majority in both houses of Congress, and even lost the power in the Senate to even slow down/stall legislation. They no longer have the White House, which means even if they do have a slight amount of power left in the SCOTUS (which itself is questionable), it is short-lived. This is the legacy of President George Walker Bush.

You have no one left to blame.

Perhaps now it is time to take a look at the other head of the snake. Just sayin'...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

But I think the post is self explanatory. If bribing the road bandits, be them taliban or not, is the most cost-effective strategy, that means it'd good for the US. Otherwise they would have to spend a LOT more money deploying soldiers to secure the roads.

The question lies in when we STOP paying. It can be argued that the U.S. paying the Iraqi insurgents a profitable wage to protect our interests was a winning strategy. It can also be argued that a massive troop surge and corospondingly aggressive military onslaught did the trick. It can even be argued that the combination of the two is working wonders.

My question has nothing to do with impeachment, come one people. Impeachment means nothing, and if it means anything it will not remove Obama. Bill Clinton WAS impeached and he remained president as if nothing happened. Richard Nixon WAS NOT impeached (he resigned in the face of impeachment).

Successful impeachment does not mean that a president is removed from office, it is more of a censure, a "black mark" on your record which has the ability to remove a person from office.

Now, back to my point. The issue is, what happens when we stop paying these elements to be on "our side"? Will they simply stay on the side they are used too, or will they go where the money is?

Insurgents have families, and they love them just as anyone. I believe they will follow the path that offers the most money and protection for their families, and that whatever "ideals" they hold will be second to that.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Some very interesting points that you bring up, and I do have to admit my conspiratorial mind did twitch when I read about Hillary's statement.

Because all has been quiet on the western front, so to speak, I let the dust settle on the Hillary/Obama thing, but I do believe she harbors a *huge* amount of resentment towards him. I think you have some very valid, if not even frightening, points.

Aside from the obvious, I still contend that there is something here far more than meets the eye, hence why I posted the article to begin with.

You have given me some things to ponder on, thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I agree with you on the impeachment thing, that doesn't mean an attempt won't happen, or isn't indeed happening. The thing is, inpleachment on treason *would* result in a little more than Obama staying in office. Read up on the penalties for treason.

That is exactly why I am a bit shocked this has been going on a while.

On the other hand, your comments about the payoffs, I have to agree with. When does it stop? And if paying them off was all that needed to be done, why didn't we just withdraw and toss them a trillion to back off?

That could have worked just as well, no? If the reasoning were legit.

I don't buy it for that reason, the reasoning is not legit, the payoffs are happening for another reason, and if not as aid to the enemy, then what? Did they serisouly think going through the back door this way would legitamize the payoffs?

A direct payoff would have been as blatant, but at the behest of saving lives, I think that could have passed just as well as this bill did.

Something else is in the woodpile, my friend.

Edit to add: Yes they have families, but do you seriously think they are going to, or would even be *allowed* to keep that money? They would be beheaded if found out, don't you think?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

The Republican Party is, for all practical purposes, gone.

At the risk of debating a mod I will address this ascertation because I see it more and more around the boards. This is simply not so. The Republican party is obviously the minority at this point, but the general attitude of the people will easily bring them back to the balance in 2010.

The "system" is slightly out of balance, and will correct itself.

Congress especially, but also several key Governorships stand to fall to the GOP in 2010. I can't speak to whether this is the result of the "systems" design, wherin the people always want change. The, "grass is always greener" syndrome, or if it is simply that the people really want these various representatives in office.

Either way, the balance will be re-established in 2010. It is a sure thing bet, that you could set your watch to.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I agree with you here. I see a definite trend towards the repub party, or perhaps a new budding third party. I would like to see the Libertarian party take a run at this whole president thing, but I don't see that happening.

Another poster got it right, that Obama is bringing people together far more than any party could have, but it remains to be seen where it goes from there.

I see a lot of independents gearing up, and a *lot* of Democrats announcing their retirements. I think they know when it is time to leave a sinking ship.

Some probably will not admit it now, but after the next elections, expect to hear a lot of talking.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join