It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to help uncle Scuba with a problem?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hey all, as you know from my profile ive been here since August last year, totally loved the site, pretty much became a member right away with only a day or so of "lurking".

Although i thoroughly enjoy reading the diversity of topics on this site, i do sometimes have some difficulty putting thoughts to words when making my own threads.

But, ive come further than i thought i ever would, i have a number of flags, and a few more stars, and after this post i would have accumulated 5000points, im stoked.

My point and problem for which im threading is that around the start of this year i found after accessing the ATS store, that i can enjoy 1 month's access to the Secret Forums Section,

So ask of my fellow members, would it be worth me giving up all my points for the exclusive access, or is it possibly not worth it, and should i save my points for..... i dont know??

Thanx for taking the time to read this thread

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nope still stuck at 4999 points, i assumed making a thread would give me 1 point??

Does any one here know how the points system is scored out of curiosity ??

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What are you going to do with those points if you don't spend them?

I say take the plunge and go for R.A.T.S.

The snacks are better there and the chairs more comfortable.

I'm so nosey that I joined as soon as I had enough points.

I think you can still join twitter and get 5,000 points. I'm not sure if that's happening now but it was at one time.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I don't think that the Board Business forum has any points attached to it. Notice that there are no stars in the upper left of each response.
Anyway, as you can tell, I'm a fairly experienced user, and I've never gone to the Secret Forum. I feel that there is plenty of material in the open forums. Just my opinion though. Nice talking to you. Good luck and have a great holiday season.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I've heard people say it wasn't worth it the month they went in... But then again the points aren't exactly worth money so it's al a bit relative really, I personally have never gone in.

I think I heard that once your 'in' it gets easier to buy in each month cos your threads and posts get more points? Not too sure, maybe each additional month is only a fraction of the initial first months points... Also someone said that it runs on a calender month basis, so no point buying in towards the end or the month, go in on the 1st or something.

btw I'm not sure about any of the above!
Just venting out the dusty parts of my brain today.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

i see your point Dizzy, but you have 25k in points, a well valued member, it takes me 4 times as long to accumulate those figures
im still undecided , though the snacks and the comfy seat do sound alluring

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

thanx for the holiday wishes Professor, and same to you matey,, i do see that your very experienced here, though i must say , u seem to sneak under the radar a bit, as in , recognise alot of names, but you my friend , to be honest, this is the first time. I will now have to venture through your profile and suss out your threads , thanks for your input Emeritus.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Its good for when you want to have a thread taken seriously without all the flaming,bickering and whining you might normally get on the main boards.I haven't made a thread worthy enough to use this but can see how it can be useful for some peoples threads.
Its also good because the thread won't get picked up by the search engines is how I understand it.
After the first 5000 points to get in,its only 250 a month to renew it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Now_Then, thankyou for your information friend, i will do a little research on that, happy holidays matey

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
strange... the star-bar doesn't show up!
I'm loggen on. Guess I'll try a different browser.

EDIT: no change on IE, Firefox, or K-Melon.
I'm not even gonna try to reboot into Linux.

EDIT: ok. problem solved elsewhere!

[edit on 2009.12.17 by Carlthulhu]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Cheers Drums, i think you just about sumed it up for Uncle scuba
. 250 is much easier than 5k , let me tell you you lol, im a bricklayer .....
as the old saying goes "im not very smart but i can lift heavy things" haha.

Nah , i do alright, im just always in awe of the quality of thinkers on this site including yourself. Happy holidays

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You could enter one of the writing contests, they pay well in points. As for RATS, I have only heard tales of it's inner workings, and even then, they're rumours at best.

Always thought it a bit odd to have a "secret" forum
on a site mostly about conspiracies and secrets.

Sendran.

Edit to add (again, bloody iPhone):

This is from a thread www.abovetopsecret.com... by niteboy82, a Super Moderator.

Be prepared though, if you put out the points for RATS. It does not have nearly as many threads, and you can sometimes go a day without anything being posted. I think some people expect a forum as active as ATS itself.

RATS can be interesting, and it is very interesting just to be able to go back and read old threads. But the big point is like djohnsto77 pointed out, it isn't perused by the search engines, so what goes on in there is not searchable, affording some degree of privacy for more personal topics.

I love these threads though, they remind me to pay my monthly fee.

And you only pay the access fee once. After that it is just a monthly point fee of 250 points.

signature
"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." -George Bernard Shaw

You are worfress Arec Bawrin.

End quote. Hope that helps mate.

Sendran, again. Got to get a new laptop.

[edit on 17/12/2009 by Sendran]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Really, ive been thinking of writing in the collaborative writing section, though im not allowed to thread there, i wrote something during my dark times, friends like it though im a lil apprehensive putting it on here, thanks for that Sendran

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Carlthulhu

Hey Carlthulhu, i think you have hit the nail on the head, Board and Business section, equals no points. i just need 1 more point haha!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
this is the first ive heard of these secret forums, what do they have there?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you are away or not on ATS for a month after the initial 5k and youo are at the 250 stage.....if you miss a month, do you have to re-do the 5k or just back pay the missed 250's?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There's nothjing outstanding in RATS. A lot of people are disappointed once they have access. It's a pretty slow forum as well. Get it or not but just be warned.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Thanks man, im not sure wether the powers of ATS are aware but my account is pretty much active 24/7, im already an insomniac!!! I hate main stream news, so when i fear that im missing out on something here at ATs it does my head in, yes im a nut, you guys are just lucky that i dont compute like some of the guys here, or else id have points like DD, or any of the members i have on my friends list.....

I FEAR that one of my biggest mistake was not introducing myself on the introductions thread. Im newto this world and i guess i was 'a bit scared to reveal that side of me'. but face to face, in the real world , i dont seem to have a problem. You know the story with the geeks and the jocks.... As an Aussie, i was a Jock stuck in a geeks mind.

So as you could imagine, i was quiet at school, but performed physical, hence my job. bottom line............SCUBA LOVES SCIENCE!!!! XX

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid!! Thankyou, as a Super Moderator i do appreciate your seemingly honest words. Cheers mate. I heard that.!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join