It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy, Buried Treasure and Radioactive mutilations in the woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I love reading about absurd or strange anomolies which have happened in history and thought I would highlight some real world events which make for some damn interesting reading. They are not sensationalist conspiracies or crazy claims of any sort. Just wierd stuff that the more logical of you would appreciate. Now I am not presenting these as new finds; they are not and some are well known but I thought I would include them as not everyone has knowledge of them.

Here is my list of crazy/interesting things that make me pause for thought:

Dyatlov Pass
Some campers in a russian forest were declared missing and were later found dead in the woods, highly radioactive with their tongues ripped out and body trauma comparable to that of being hit by a train. Pretty freaky stuff.
en.wikipedia.org...

CIA Assasination
These are guidelines from 1950's advising CIA agents how best to assasinate someone and suggesting a few methods which are hard to trace and effective. Recently Declassified documents.
www.gwu.edu...

Tunguska Event
This one is quite famous but you may not have heard of it. At the start of the century, 20 miles of russian forest where knocked flat to the ground. It wasnt a nuclear bomb as they werent invented and there was no crater, strange?
en.wikipedia.org...

North Korea Axe Murder
The North Koreans killed a US soldier while he was trying to cut down a tree in the DMZ. A week later the US come back with 400 heavily armed troops, attack planes/helicopters, an armoured division and.....an axe. So that they could cut that damn tree down! Quite a interesting story on how we almost had world war 3 over a tree.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sunken Secret Sub
In the height of the cold war, the russians lost a top secret submarine and couldnt find it. The US did though and did a good job of covering that fact up.
en.wikipedia.org...

Oak Island Treasure
For the last 100 years people have been trying to excavate a man made tunnel on this island. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. So far noone has got to the bottom. Buts whats down there? Pirate treasure, relics?
en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Northwoods
Again quite a well known one to you conspiracy theorists. Its a plan by the US to stage terrorist attacks on its own citizens to justify going to war with Cuba, sound familiar?? Check the declassified CIA document for an interesting read.
en.wikipedia.org...

RMS Republic
This ship sunk around 100 years ago carrying a ton of gold. If it was raised, the value of the gold would be around $5 Billion. Some lucky sod has just found it and is trying to raise it next summer.
en.wikipedia.org...

Quantum Suicide
Many worlds theory, probability and a rather strange way you can become immortal. This is a physics experiment, not some nutjob sensationalist.
en.wikipedia.org...

Noahs Arc Found
Massive wooden structure has apparently been found at the top of a mountain. People say its a boat. But how did it get there? Interesting Ideas about Noahs Arc. Dont buy it, but interesting read non the less.
en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway that should keep you going for a while. I really enjoyed reading about them and hope you do to. Feel free to comment on any of the stories or add you own. But please keep it close to reality. No posts of massive planets coming to kill earth in 2012 or aliens abducting people.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Thanks Pryde,
Loads of good reading there!
I hadn't seen the Dyatlov Pass incident before, some pretty gruesome stuff there, and VERY intriguing! What on earth happened to those poor hikers? As usual, the authorities investigate, and then suppress all of the relevant evidence, leaving us with indeterminate causes for the incident.
Ah well, the more we dig....

Thanks again, I'll definitely read more of these later!
And before the snipers start... It said in the OP that these are NOT NEW, so just enjoy them for what they are!

G

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Cheers mate, glad you liked it. Yea that russian forest incident is a freaky one. The more I read about it the more strange it seems.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Great thread Pryde87 matey... S&F for your effort, Like the one about the Korean affair will dig deeper onthat myself,
watched a great film last night about the polish KATYN massacre in Poland during/before WW2, up to 2000 military officers were executed without courtmarshall/court proceedings..
Will dig deeper on that later...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

KATYN? Sounds interesting, Ive not heard of that one. Will google it now. History can be so interesting if you just dig a bit deeper than the average textbook. Cheers for the heads up

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
"The lost 10,000"
By Lous Fitzgibbon

But 'Katyn' is a collective word used to embrace not only those 4,500 found in the forest of that name, but a further 10,000 murdered at the same time. These were the men imprisoned at Starobielsk Camp (about 4,000) and at Ostashkow Camp (about 6,000). It is customary to refer to them briefly as "the other 10,000 - whose whereabouts have remained a mystery." But 10,000 murdered prisoners cannot be dismissed in so short a sentence. This figure represents perhaps the total population of a sizeable town, or if seen as an army advancing across the plain it would appear a mighty host indeed. One thing is certain: just as no word ever came from the 4,500 Poles in Kozielsk camp after May 1940, so too was nothing again heard after that date from the 4,000 in Starobielsk camp, nor from the 6,000 in Ostashkow camp. They could not just vanish, and their bodies must be somewhere. But where?

The numbers seem to vary, i will dig deeper later...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thats pretty messed up stuff. Cant believe people could do that.
Heres a good wiki article on it: en.wikipedia.org...

Aparently they have found the graves though and there doesnt seem to be much mystery to it. Still an interesting read though

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mystery at Dyatlov Pass
After reading this article skeptoid.com... I'm deffently a skeptic of this event.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
From, thenews.pl

Only 15,000 bodies have been recovered from the three massacre sites with the rest buried in secret graves as yet uncovered. Mikhail Gorbachev admitted the Soviet Union’s guilt - previously Moscow had blamed the Nazis - but the Putin-era Kremlin and beyond has refused to label the crime genocide or make prosecutions against anyone involved. (pg)

Yes the mystery was never revealed until the collapse of the USSR..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Care to follow up on this mosesgunner ??
I read the article some time back and found it odd how these guys ended up in the state they did, All apparently from an avalanche ??

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I read about the Oak Island Treasure a while back. It's crazy how genius the original pirates or owners of the treasure really were.

Even today they can't get to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yea apparently the ground is unstable and keeps flooding. Noone has invested enough money in it to drill it out properly yet

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

The main problem with the avalance theory is that the tent was still standing, there were no flow marks from snow movement and there was no damage to the trees where the bodies were. Its a weird one. I cant think of a suitable theory for it

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ive read a theory about how they heard a jet plane, panicked thinking it was an avalance and then couldnt find their way back to their tent in the snow. I dont really buy this theory neither. Firstly because a jet overhead can only be heard for a couple of minutes and you arent going to run that far in knee deep snow in 2 minutes. By then you would realise it was a jet once it goes quiet and how can you get lost in snow. Your footprints will take you back to exactly where you came from, i.e the tent. Also this theory presumes they then fell in a ravine while looking for the tent and sustained the massive injuries mentioned. Dont really think its very likely.
In my opinion there was a very immediate danger which caused them to flee the tent (one tent was cut open from the inside, implying desperation). I dont believe they could have got lost with the footprints leading back and the fact they were only a few hundred meters from the tents. I think the danger whatever it was, either pursued them away from the tents or scared them into not returning. Another key point which I suppose we would never know, is if the hikers tongue was removed after death or while he was alive. That would either confirm a scavenger or foul play.

new topics

top topics

join