It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking photos across press - African man stoned for adultery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I hope the Old Testament prone fundamentalsists are rubbing their bloody hands in gleeful triumph once again.
Two months back it was children being tortured for being "witches" (according to Leviticus). Many had acid poured over their faces and down their throats. Now Uganda is mobililizing to execute gays and imprison their families, land-lords and friends.
But lets see what else happens on the Islamic side of things. See a Somalian stoned to death for adultery+photos (www.huffingtonpost.com...).
No women's movement or outcry to save him - this could be Bill Clinton or Tiger Woods.
America, take responsibility for your bloody missionaries - in Africa people take these things very literally.
Liberal churches must now clean up the mess of maimed children left by "literalist US fundamentalists".
You KNOW who you are, you can hide in California, but you cannot hide from God's judgement. Indeed you are no different to these Muslim extremists.
Where were the men's movements to stop this horror? Even the outcry is negligable.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by halfoldman]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Whats this got to do with anyone in the United States or Christianity?

just asking

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Jesus met a similar situation and this is how He handled it.

John 8:1-11 "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

While acknowleging their law He has the women released by exposing the hypocricy of her accusers.

I wonder how many of the men that stoned this poor man were guilty of the same thing?

[edit on 17/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Still quite shocking that this sort of thing still goes on in the world.

Isnt it kind of funny how quickly the local citizens pick up the rocks to deal there judgement on the man. They all seem to enjoy this punishment and brutal way of death.

Think about it, if this punishment happend in the UK there would be A LOT of blood'ed stones in the streets..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Consider "African children denounced as witches by Christian Pastors
www.huffingtonpost.com...

'The Nigerian church is a branch of a Californian church by the same name. But the California church says it lost touch with its Nigerian offshoots several years ago.

"I had no idea," said church elder Carrie King by phone from Tracy, Calif. "I knew people believed in witchcraft over there but we believe in the power of prayer, not physically harming people."
Oh sure, they never taught Leviticus and spriritual warfare? Oh please.
Besides, it's two Abrahamic traditions forced on innocent Africans.
This is the real battle-field and thousands die every day.
It is well known that US religious homophobe extremists were involved in Uganda for a while.
Having been on Warren Throckmorton's site (a bit of a fundamentalist himself, and HE is worried), the authors of the largely fraudulant "The Pink Swastika" (Lively and Abrahms) were very active in Uganda with lectures and so forth.
Not only that, but since Bush's "PEPFAR" abstinance based Aids plan, the Africans associate Christian mumbo-jumbo with Dollar funds. They've even burnt condoms to please the fundamentalist nut-cases from the US (see Helen Epstein's "The Invisible Cure").
You people in the US have no idea of what your countrymen are doing.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

America, take responsibility for your bloody missionaries - in Africa people take these things very literally.
Liberal churches must now clean up the mess of maimed children left by "literalist US fundamentalists".

Why do you equate this with anything a western religions church does?

The people who did the stoning were Muslims who stoned a Muslim. It has nothing to do with "American missionaries" Or the Old Testament at all.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Consider "African children denounced as witches by Christian Pastors
www.huffingtonpost.com...

'The Nigerian church is a branch of a Californian church by the same name. But the California church says it lost touch with its Nigerian offshoots several years ago.

"I had no idea," said church elder Carrie King by phone from Tracy, Calif. "I knew people believed in witchcraft over there but we believe in the power of prayer, not physically harming people."
Oh sure, they never taught Leviticus and spriritual warfare? Oh please.
Besides, it's two Abrahamic traditions forced on innocent Africans.
This is the real battle-field and thousands die every day.
It is well known that US religious homophobe extremists were involved in Uganda for a while.
Having been on Warren Throckmorton's site (a bit of a fundamentalist himself, and HE is worried), the authors of the largely fraudulant "The Pink Swastika" (Lively and Abrahms) were very active in Uganda with lectures and so forth.
Not only that, but since Bush's "PEPFAR" abstinance based Aids plan, the Africans associate Christian mumbo-jumbo with Dollar funds. They've even burnt condoms to please the fundamentalist nut-cases from the US (see Helen Epstein's "The Invisible Cure").
You people in the US have no idea of what your countrymen are doing.

Christians ain't Christians.

Just because a person or organization calls themselves Christian...
...does not mean they are.

Christians are Christ-ones, individuals who have the Spirit of Christ...
...did Jesus kill anyone?..
...but he was killed himself by a religion and a secular state.

[edit on 17/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Granted, I may have been a bit obtuse by focusing on this stoning example first, but I wanted to point out how Africa has become a battlefield for fundamenetalists from elsewhere. These things were never a feature of Africa before. I did mention many other examples and just looked at the income of US evangelists like Benny Hinn or Reinhard Bonnke, and the clashes their followers face at 1 million-strong mass meetings in Nigeria.
The Jews, Christians and Muslims are the Abrahamic faiths. Only Christians and Muslims are stupid enough to take the OT literally where it suits "them".
Ask any Muslim where the stoning laws come from and he will point you to Leviticus, Exodus and Detoronomy. This is in the Bible, or not?
Ask about homosexuality, and they will both point to Sodom and Gommorah in Genesis 19, or not?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I am waiting for the pro Islamists on this one saying Islam is a peacefull religion and that the practice of stoning to death is not part of the Koran.

I am sure some of them can come up with an excuse maybe along the lines of, not all Muslims would agree or not all would take part.

Or that its a local practice of extremists.

I am never surprised to hear "ohhh no we are good muslims we would never do that only the extremists do" An extremist is the good Muslim because he follows the Koran and other Islamic texts to the letter.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

In our local Times newspaper there were some Muslim responses (and the Muslims in Cape Town are not really extremist). I think they were really shocked - I don't think they realized how far it could go, because so far it was mainly words.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sure, its the fault of Christianity.....if you ignore the teachings of Jesus about loving one another.

Sure, its the fault of Muslims......if you focus on the more radical and violent interpretations.

Point being, radicalism in ANY form is scary, be it Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or Sesame Street.

These are terrible events, to be sure. But I believe they are the work of radical fundamentalist, not main-stream Christians or Mulsims.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am in NO WAY condoning these actions.
Those photos are gruesome to say the least. I can't believe I looked.

Unfortunately, this has been happening for thousands of years, and still continues in those nations with lawless people running things. I don't understand how people can be shocked. If you do enough research you will find more than enough to sicken everyone around you.

Its not just Africa, either. Remember the be-headings in the Arab countries? Same type of punishment. Eye for an Eye.

It takes place daily.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The first thing that came to mind when seeing the pictures was the LA riots and the truck driver that was beaten (reginald denny I think).
What you imply in your thread is that Africans are too dumb to think for themselves and will readily believe anything that missionaries that give them. Most africans I have met in the US have been well-educated and very intelligent. They seem to know US history better than most citizens and speak english more correctly as well. This area has always been a hotbed of fundamentalist religious activity, it seems that one plays off the other and incites this type of behavior. What our role or that of missionaries has to do wtih it I'm not sure although I've never been happy with the idea of others coming in and subverting their culture, customs and religion. Interesting and sad.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is propaganda. I'm sorry for all the victims that have been abused and tortured by NWO, the children, and gays. They have their agents eveywhere, and set many things up.

You cannot tell anymore which things are real, which things are stage, and when real, who really are the puppet masters.

They, the west and Israel are gearing for war against Iran, and so we have seen some terrible examples of extreme behavior.

And I for one don't believe this is the Muslim's, I believe this is carefully set and staged nwo nazi propaganda to make people here go on a witch hunt.

George Bush and his family visited Saudi Arabia alot, its a real nwo stronghold and the fundamental movement itself, putting women in Burkas came out of Saudi Arabia. I read several really good books written by journalists in the 90s that covered decades of the history there. They had no assistance for struggling families, but many were impoverished. They were like a salavation army, that delivered baby formula and diapers for those families that adopted this.

The entire thing is a well orchestrated crime against humanity, including the muslim's and the west by the same interconnected NWO agenda. It has the UK and US ties strongly behind it.

I suspect this is what we are witnessing at every step. Be very careful what you believe, and when tragedies happen, who is behind them in the end.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Its christianity that changed the world, into what we have today in west. Your totally and utterly wrong blaming religion, and christianity.

If it was not for christianity, we would all be living like africans, and indians still do.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Its christianity that changed the world, into what we have today in west. Your totally and utterly wrong blaming religion, and christianity.

If it was not for christianity, we would all be living like africans, and indians still do.

Really? If not for Christianity we would all be living like savages, you say? FYI, American Indians are not savages, neither are Africans, it is religion that makes them do these things. You take a man, or woman who have never read the Bible, and you give them a copy in their own language, and tell them this is the words of God Almighty, well, they tend to believe that, and act accordingly. Stoning is a tenet of the Bible, so that is surely where these people got it from. Want to tell me again Christianity is good for everyone? Tell that to all of the people tortured and burned in the Middle Ages because they refused to convert.

THE BURNING TIMES

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Unfortunately, this has been happening for thousands of years, and still continues in those nations with lawless people running things.

It takes place daily.

These are not lawless people running things. This is Sharia Law being carried out, as it is in 57 OIC countries. Yes, daily.
Not only stoning, but beheading, whipping of women, hanging, amputation of hands and feet. Islamic Sharia Law in 57 countries.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
These are terrible events, to be sure. But I believe they are the work of radical fundamentalist, not main-stream Christians or Mulsims.

Wrong. These actions are the government carrying out Law. That would be mainstream Islam.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The Jews, Christians and Muslims are the Abrahamic faiths. Only Christians and Muslims are stupid enough to take the OT literally where it suits "them".
Ask any Muslim where the stoning laws come from and he will point you to Leviticus, Exodus and Detoronomy. This is in the Bible, or not?
Ask about homosexuality, and they will both point to Sodom and Gommorah in Genesis 19, or not?

Big difference is that only Islam carries out the ancient laws in modern times.
The president of Iran said at a speech at Columbia University that there are no homosexuals in Islam... that's because they are hung. Funny, homosexuals in Islam are the guy on the bottom because homosexuality is practiced often there.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Lol and people still want developed nations to waste "aid" on these scumbags. The continent of Africa is totally screwed up. Its the people, they have a childlike mindset.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join