It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian-Backed Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

i was thinking the same thing. "isnt that free?, if not there at least 5 other freeware programs to use..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The point that no one is bringing up:

If they are hacking into the signal then they sure as hell aren't watching very well, since predator drones are still managing to off their senior leadership.

"Hey look!, that looks like out camp! Check it out. What was that flash? What's that line streaking down towards our tent?"

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

More evidence that our adversaries are a bit smarter than Obama?

Maybe you should direct your 'hatred' towards the Pentagon rather than a new administration which has inherited these methods?

Fox News huh?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Military Officers Warned of Flaw in U.S. Drones in 2004

Senior U.S. military officers working for the Joint Chiefs of Staff discussed the danger of Russia and China intercepting and doctoring video from drone aircraft in 2004, but the Pentagon didn't begin securing the signals until this year, according to people familiar with the matter.

The disclosure came after The Wall Street Journal reported insurgents in Iraq had intercepted video feeds from drones, downloading unencrypted communications from the unmanned planes. Members of the Pentagon's Joint Staff discussed the potential security shortfall of drone feeds in 2004 and 2005, according to two officers with direct knowledge of the deliberations.

The US has known about the flaw from the beginning and it is really not a big deal at present!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
OK - so if they knew about it, maybe it was being used to US advantage?
How hard would it be to "feed" doctored images to those who may be spying or hacking or thinking they were doing so?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Good if all they can intercept is the video feeds the Insurgents can watch the crosshairs line up on them and the missile as it homes on them.

Its likely the last thing they will see.

Originally posted by jerico65
"Damn, that looks like my house."

Hey Jamal I think your bald spot is larger than mine

What?

BOOM!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Why is this Obama's fault? Is Obama responsible for the software? Is Obama responsible for how these drogues are deployed and flown?

The drones are now a major strategy of Obama if you haven't noticed, not of Bush. Obama is scared to death to expose anything but high tech hardware to the bad guys! Not Obama's fault really just the way Obama conducts warfare.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by fritz

Why is this Obama's fault? Is Obama responsible for the software? Is Obama responsible for how these drogues are deployed and flown?

The drones are now a major strategy of Obama if you haven't noticed, not of Bush. Obama is scared to death to expose anything but high tech hardware to the bad guys! Not Obama's fault really just the way Obama conducts warfare.

UAV aircraft have been a major strategy of the USAF for many years, including during the Bush administration. This has very little to do with Obama. Also, UAV aircraft are far less technologically advanced compared to manned assets, which is one of the reasons they use them. It doesn't matter if they get shot down or crash, they are cheap to fly, cheap to buy, and you don't have pilots killed when one crashes. edit: and no, UAVs do not replace work done on the ground, they replace manned assets.

And it is not as if Obama is directly controlling the troops in the middle east, telling them how to conduct warfare.

Where do you get this crap from?

[edit on 18/12/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65[/url]

Not so, my friend.

I merely pointed out that it was the previous Bush administration who had authorised the deployment of UAV's in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ergo, he and his administration were responsible for any cock-ups, along with the clowns in the Pentagon and DoD. Nothing to do with Obama!

reply to plumranch[/url]

Am I correct in supposing you'd be happier if more American blood was shed trying to track the Taleban?

Have the Americans not shed enough blood and guts to assuage your bloodlust? If machines can do 'it' better than putting humans in harms way, then so be it.

At least Obama appears to care about those under his commands which is the mark of a great leader. Always remember my friend, softly, softly catchee monkey!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sorry, we don't always catch duplicates as quickly as we'd like, but please don't be discouraged from continuing discussion in the existing thread for this topic:

Iranian-Backed Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join