It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion used as hate crime against goths.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I can't believe that religion would take away someone's personal freedom to live a lifestyle/mood that they would choose. It seems like everything we do in this day and age always seems to condemn us to hell or say that we are wrong in everyway, but dont take my word for it. Simply look at this link below and you will see the evidence and examples of just what religion can and will do to further their goals.

www.godhatesgoths.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Why even quote the old testament if its no longer valid as a way to live you life?

So many christians think they can pass off the stupid crap in the old testament and still quote it to argue a point. It really doesnt make any sense.....

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

WHILE ALL SUB-CULTURES ARE INHERENTLY BAD, GOTH IS THE WORST OF THESE SUB-CULTURES. BY DEFINITION THEY ARE “SUB” (ie. LOWER OR INFERIOR) TO NORMAL HARD-WORKING CULTURES. AS IN ‘SUB-STANDARD’ CULTURE. THEY DO NOT PROMOTE ANY VALUES THAT BENEFIT SOCIETY. THEY DO NOT PROMOTE ANY VALUES THAT MAKE FOR STABLE FAMILIES. THEY DO NOT PROMOTE VALUES THAT POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS FIND APPEALING. NO FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES WANTS TO EMPLOY SOME DRUGGED-UP LOSER WITH PAINTED NAILS, NOSE-PIERCINGS, TATTOED ARMS OR GREEN HAIR.

I made it that far and starting tasting the bile, I'm sorry but I can't read this filth.

I wonder if they're aware that a lot of goth's are Christrian. It's not like they're wearing burlaps and conquering rome.

Yeah sorry, I just can't stand reading prejudice.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Seriously... stuff like this... it's like the white noise that stops people thinking.

I am NOT AGAINST you! Nor am I against "Goths" or any other subculture... it just really p****es me off when people have nothing better to do than pick fights with their fellow citizens.

Whatever, you're a "Goth" or a "Gay" or a "Black" or a "Straight", seriously.... we're all people. We all want freedom. We all want respect. Ask a Muslim or a Buddhist or a Thai or a Mexican... we all just want to live...

Why is stuff like this even made into an issue?!

Thanks OP for bringing this to the fore though.

edited to add: Coincidentally - listening to Karma Police by Radiohead as I clicked "send" - very appropriate music IMO.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by SerialLurker]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My Christian belief tells me that God loves everyone,but He hates sin.

No one should be judged by their looks alone.(However,in terms of employment,it could make a huge difference! Not to be disrespectful,but this form of attire would once have been seen only at Halloween!)

To me,dressing like this is a typical form of rebellion. I can only imagine how hard it is to be a teenager today,with so few positive role models. To most of them,I would say it is just a "phase".

If there's nothing positive,in a godly way,in their lives,it's possible they will drift in the wrong direction.("Satanism is bad,m'kay?")

Please don't judge all Christians by the way this site comes across!

It does indeed come across as hateful,and it does nothing to encourage a positive view of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
People will always fear what they do not understand.
But some people are just plain hateful.

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft." 1 Samuel 15:23

I would say that Jesus Christ was one heck of a rebel. I mean, they didnt kill him out of boredom. Im pretty sure he was causing a stir.

But try explaining that to people who think handicapped individuals are going to hell. The end of the article is sickening. No wonder they dont like gothic kids, they dont think that kids with down syndrome are worthy of the lord's attention either.

But before you go any further, let's just clear up a few misconceptions you may have about what you really are - So let's be straight here. Goths are the lowest form of human trash that has ever crawled upon this good clean earth. 'Garbage people' I call them, and I can assure you that is what they are.

We clearly have a wordsmith on our hands. Is this website for real?

who promote cross-dressing and underaged homosexuality

What is underaged homosexuality? Theres an age limit on being gay? Like getting beer at the bar? Must be 21 to be gay?

I dont think this website is real. Its hard to believe that anyone actually thinks people with down syndrome are demons walking amongst us.

Then again, yeah. I guess people DO believe this kind of filth.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Note: The website IS a big joke. If you explore it more, this becomes very apparrent.

However, I havent changed my mind regarding the possibility that people like this DO exist.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
yep its just a joke everyone! but it does do a good job at mocking the over the top antics that some of the christian community use..hehe. heres the first bit of their disclaimer:

"DISCLAIMER : The Godhatesgoths website, Parents Against Goth Movement and Gods Hammer Baptist Church are complete works of fiction. It is a satire/parody." www.godhatesgoths.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Well I guess thiws means case closed, but I wouldn't doubt if there were more websites like this but real.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
People only "hate" other cultures, religions, subgenres, etc because they FEAR them. Its this fear of the unknown which drives them to making irrational and prejudice conclusions about the very people they hate, yet have never even spent a entire day talking to.

Its when the powers that be act on this fear, and turn it to their advantage (eg. Modern Terrorism) that we ALL should become afraid.

Until then its just a bunch of ignorant fools who havent got a clue what there talking about. Half the time there making these sites imply to justify their "normalistic existance" to the rest of the world, like anyone gives a damn anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Human beings are still human beings. Pagan religions have always used song to do there stuff. So this world is not as different as the world you think was yesteryear.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So apparently it is right to kill another human being because he believes in a different god, but if you tint you hair green you are scum. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
tha sites funny. it also says woman dont have souls

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I thought it was just the big black goth pants that made this sub culture stand out.

Back in my time, we heard the same rhetoric about those of us who sported shaved heads and Doc Marten boots.

I think the negative perception of goths stems from the imagery found in movies and music videos from Marilyn Manson. The average person that is exposed to that is usually disturbed by it and is quick to react in classic stereotypical form.

This is from my time. Don't worry Goths, just try to smile a little more.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
everyone is bashing the bible but what about the goths?

its okay to bash the bible because thats the "in" thing right now. how about bashing both sides?

i dont like goths. i dont like the bible. im unbiased.

they can both burn.

you guys are very quick to jump on the bible hating wagon why not look at both sides before quickly saying "omgz these religious freaks wanna kill goths"

no they dont. they just dont like them either. they just have a much wider audience then my writing in public bathrooms.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, as a self-respecting Elder Goth who has been part of the scene since our Unholy Godmother of Goth, Siouxsie Sioux, parted ways with the Sex Pistols, and our Faerie Godfather of Goth, Peter Murphy, founded Bauhaus back in the late 70's, I would like to say that the site was both offensive but also amazingly humorous. I'm not sure whether I should despise them or send a deluge of visitors to their site to enjoy the mirth.

Despite all their misinformation, they were right about Goths practicing pre-marital sex (Gasp! Horrors!). Matter of fact, if it weren't for hawt Goth chics that I wanted to have pre-marital sex with, I would have never initially became Goth back when I was a batling.
(jjk...kinda...)

Goths aren't Emo. Goths aren't Twilight Vampire Wannabes. Goths aren't Heavy Metal Heads (unless you're a Norwegian Goth). Most of all Goths aren't violent despite our penchant for wearing Combat Boots for every occasion (matter of fact, the reason why the Gothic Sub-culture started in the first place was because they were part of the early Punk Scene but were more interested in the pursuit of Beauty and Truth rather than the Anarchy and Violence that were becoming common in the Punk Scene of the late 70's). And certainly Goths come in all shapes, sizes and Religious Persuasion. Sure, there are Goths who are Wiccan and Neo-Pagan, but there are also Christian Goths and Catholic Goths, and even Pythagorian Goths and Hindi Goths.

Goths aren't even about the Music. Nor are Goths about the Fashion. However, what is at the root of the Gothic Sub-Culture is the Abnegation of Societal Norms. It is a denial of the Outer to look deeper into the Inner. This is why Goths traditionally wear Black. We wear it like a uniform, for all the same reasons Johnny Cash sang about in "Man in Black". Most of all Goths are about seeking Beauty and Truth in all things, even in those people, places, and things that are cast aside by Mainstream Society. That is why you'll find us haunting Cemeteries with a book of prose by Shelley or Keats tucked into our pocket, or accepting of anyone not because of their looks or their social status, or their wealth or lack thereof, or their religion, but because of who they are on the inside.

However, if I had to be self-critical of Goths, I would have to confess that I have never met a single one that wasn't guilty of Manifest Decadence. We do love our Velvets and Laces (along with our Vinyl and Leather), as well as our Cloves and Port, fine Crystal, Silver and Jewels, Corsetry, and Beautiful People. We are just as guilty as the French Aristocracy was for that. Evil we are not, however. Misunderstood most definitely, but definitely not malicious or with malign intentions being that we can be subdued (and seduced) most easily by the sound of Violin or Cello.

Alas, Goths have become a bad Sit-Com Stereotype since the Media jumped on Columbine and mis-claimed those Mansonites to be "Goth". I suppose that shall forever be the Cross that all Goths must bear forevermore.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Shelley and Keats... Man you sound like Morissey
Actually, great post, I think we are of the same era. I went the straight edge punk route through the early 80's. You Goths are definitely more misunderstood than we ever were. I still don't understand the way oversized black pants with straps and buckles. If you wear those to fight, those straps can be used against you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I remember there was the website godhatesfags. "Matthew Shepherd burns in hell", or some such nonsense. And that site was no joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Shelley and Keats... Man you sound like Morissey

Not the first time similarities have been drawn between the Godfather of Emo and I.
Although I really respected Morissey when he was part of the Punk Band The Smiths. ("A dreaded sunny day, so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates. Keats and Yates are on your side." Those lyrics still stick with me decades later.)

Originally posted by jibeho
I still don't understand the way oversized black pants with straps and buckles. If you wear those to fight, those straps can be used against you.

A Goth in a fight? We might break our perfectly manicured nails or smear our makeup or tussle our hair that took hours to work to perfection! Never in a million years! We're lovers, not fighters.

Personally I never understood Bondage Pants either. You can blame Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren. I always went the way of Aristogoth fashion anyway, taking lead from Adam Ant's metrosexual Foppish attire ("Prince Charming, ridicule is nothing to be scared of. Don't you ever stop being a dandy, showing me that you're handsome. Silk or leather or a feather, respect yourself and all those around you"). It was always skin-tight Black Velvet Pants and a Poet's Shirt for me. With my long Black Hair it made for a combination that was irresistible to the women (as no doubt I looked like the pale version of every man on every trashy romance novel cover).

However, Bondage Pants are all the rave with my own personal Teenage Fan Club as well as the Hot Topic Kiddies that my daughter runs around with...although for the life of me I don't understand why, but I just shake my head and accept it.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I almost fell for the site too, it just seems too hateful to be real, but I guess the lesson here is don't judge a book by its cover and so on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join