It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC asks: 'Should homosexuals be executed?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

BBC asks: 'Should homosexuals be executed?'

news.ninemsn.com.au

The BBC is renowned for asking tough questions but yesterday it ignited a furore by asking readers if homosexuals should be executed.

The state-owned news service posed the question on its website following debate in the Ugandan parliament over whether same-sex intercourse should be punishable by death.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Awesome. Way to go BBC.

Not sure what was more innapropriate, the fact that they would even POSE a question like this in a supposedly civilized society, whether refering to another country or not, or the nutjobs responding with what sound like fundamentalist hatred, cheering it on.

Doesn't sound like the editors thought this one too far through before allowing it to go up...Or perhaps they did, and are revealing something about themselves?

In either case, this is sure to have some future implications...

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The BBC should be executed.

People who should be executed are murderes, rapists, abusers of people, abusers of animals and every mean person you could think of.

The BBC is just trying to get more viewers.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
LMFAO...I can predict where this thread will end up.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Where will it end?

Tell us please.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It will end with us dead, 6 feet under. No, we wouldn't even have the pleasure of an actual burial, we'll just be stuffed into FEMA coffins and dumped in the water or trash piles, chances are.

That is, if we the people allow the NWO to win, which can not happen by any means. A one world government will be the end of all free people everwhere. They're smarter than us, they're richer than us, they're far more powerful than us, but we can win.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's misleading to suggest the BBC was asking that question in such stark terms.

It was BBC Africa which posed the question. And it was posed with the following qualification ...

"Yes we accept this is a stark and disturbing question. But this is the reality behind an Anti-Homosexuality Bill being debated on Friday by the Ugandan Parliament which would see some homosexual offences punishable by death."

Might have been a thoughtless way to start a debate amongst their African audience, but there you go.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this Here: www.abovetopsecret.com... "BBC slammed over gay execution debate"

They have links to the bill itself.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

OK,
6 feet under, and not polluting planet earth - ok

I want to live on this planet thinking I can do everything I can and leaving the planet ok for the next generation.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

OK,
6 feet under, and not polluting planet earth - ok

I want to live on this planet thinking I can do everything I can and leaving the planet ok for the next generation.

Then you are but a foolish blind follower, I am sorry to say such a thing but are you reading what you're typing? I mean god damn man, if it was up THOSE people, your family line would have and should have been wiped out long ago. They don't care about you, they don't care about your family and they certainly don't care about children. It's all about money to them and with money comes power and with power comes control, and that seems to be what they have over you already.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The BBC should be executed.

People who should be executed are murderes, rapists, abusers of people, abusers of animals and every mean person you could think of.

The BBC is just trying to get more viewers.

Better yet, don't execute anyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In case any of you are wondering what this bill actually says, here or some highlights of it and a link to it and my thoughts on it.

Here is the some of the summery of the bill and some of the Bill itself that I wish to respond to. I will interject all my remarks with an asterisk.

From the summery
(Summery and Bill found here)
www.boxturtlebulletin.com...

"the current bill reiterates a lifetime imprisonment on conviction of homosexuality, and defines a new category called “aggravated homosexuality” with provisions for the death penalty upon conviction. Among the factors which can lead to “aggravated homosexuality” is if one partner is HIV-positive. This bill would mandate HIV testing to determine eligibility for “aggravated homosexuality.”

Also like the earlier draft, the bill includes a complete ban on all LGBT activities — including blogging — which could be construed as “promoting homosexuality.” This infringement on free speech, peaceful assembly, and redress of grievances marks the elimination of fundamental human rights for LGBT Ugandans. The bill also bans all organizations which advocate on behalf of LGBT citizens and holds their leadership criminally liable with fines and imprisonment for up to seven years.

The bill also extends jurisdiction to acts committed outside Uganda by Ugandan citizens. In other words, if a Ugandan citizen is known to be in a gay relationship outside the country, he will risk lifetime imprisonment (or death, if he’s HIV-positive) upon his return.

* This is pretty straight forward. but why are they doing it? I found this:

* " There are currently an estimated 940,000 people living with HIV in Uganda, and a further 1.2 million children who have been * orphaned by AIDS.1"
* www.avert.org...
* That seems like a good reason to stop HIV at all costs. lets see why else they are doing it.

From the Bill

This Bill aims at strengthening the nation’s capacity to deal with emerging internal and external threats to the traditional heterosexual family.

The Bill further aims at providing a comprehensive and enhanced legislation to protect the cherished culture of the people of Uganda. legal, religious, and traditional family values of the people of Uganda against the attempts of sexual rights activists seeking to impose their values of sexual promiscuity on the people of Uganda.

There is also need to protect the children and youths of Uganda who are made vulnerable to sexual abuse and deviation as a result of cultural changes, uncensored information technologies, parentless child developmental settings and increasing attempts by homosexuals to raise children in homosexual relationships through adoption, foster care, or otherwise.

* Ah, Here it is. they want to protect their way of life, Their Traditional Family Values. That seems fair and honest.

Objective of the Bill

(a) provide for marriage in Uganda as that contracted only between a man and a woman;
(b) prohibit and penalize homosexual behavior and related practices in Uganda as they constitute a threat to the traditional family;
(e) prohibit ratification of any international treaties, conventions, protocols, agreements and declarations which are contrary or inconsistent with the provisions of this Act;
(d) prohibit the licensing of organizations which promote homosexuality.

* If this is what they want as a whole for their people, there is nothing wrong with this and no one should have the right to tell a government they cannot lead their people as they see fit as long as they are not hurting anyone. That is, as long a this is not a new Hitler just trying to wipe out thousands of people for the hell of it just because they disagree with their beliefs.

3. Aggravated homosexuality. * This is where the possible death penalty comes in.

(1) A person commits the offense of aggravated homosexuality where the
(a) person against whom the offence is committed is below the age of 18 years;
* Sex with a minor. That is fair.

(b) offender is a person living with HIV;
* Spreading a deadly disease. that is fair.

(c) offender is a parent or guardian of the person against whom the offence is committed;
* Sex with a family member. That is fair.

(d) offender is a person in authority over the person against whom the offence is committed;
* Sex with person whom you seek to dominate. That is fair.

(e) victim of the offence is a person with disability;
* Taking advantage of the disabled. That is fair.

(f) offender is a serial offender, or
* Offender breaks the Law multiple times. That is fair.

(g) offender applies, administers or causes to be used by any man or woman any drug, matter or thing with intent to stupefy overpower him or her so as to there by enable any person to have unlawful carnal connection with any person of the same sex,
* Sex by taking advantage of a person using drugs without their consent. That is fair.

(2) A person who commits the offence of aggravated homosexuality shall be liable on conviction to suffer death.

(3) Where a person is charged with the offence under this section, that person shall undergo a medical examination to ascertain his or her HIV status."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Why do I say these things are fair? Because they are! These people are trying to stave off a deadly disease and protect their traditional family values. Uganda is Not the USA. you cannot seek to impose your values on these peoples if this is how they choose to run their country.

I see nothing evil in this bill. The reasons for the possible death penalty are all horrible crimes committed against another person.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If they are going to discuss execution for sexual behaviour, why not for something that actually deserves it, like pedophiles or rapists? Homosexuals aren't affecting anyone but themselves. There are people (such as myself) who find homosexuality disgusting, but homosexuality does not create *victims*. Pedophiles and rapists DO create victims, and affect people's lives in horrible ways. Execute the criminals, and let people act as they want in the privacy of their own homes, as long as they are mutually consenting. As for 'aggravated homosexuality', that is exactly the same thing as rape, and should be punished accordingly.

new topics

top topics

join