It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Jill Bolte Taylor got a research opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: She had a massive stroke, and watched as her brain functions -- motion, speech, self-awareness -- shut down one by one. An astonishing story.

www.ted.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Her book is fascinating. I highly recommend it:

My Stroke of Insight

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Star and flag. This is one of the best TED presentations I've seen yet. I first watched it this past summer, and I've shown it to quite a few people since. I nearly wept during parts of it.

Anyway, it's nice to see some posts like this, instead of the usual flame-bait that we usually see.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is an amazing video. I discovered it some time ago, and have just managed to get around to seeing if someone else had already posted it.
It seems that it has already made it to ATS, so I'm happy to just add my scatchings to this page instead.
Jill is an amazing lady.
I can only imagine how terrifying and utterly wonderful the realisation she must have gone through, when she recognised the symptoms of the stroke.
She is certainly a lady we could all take a little advice from.

The key for me is where she suggests that we can all project peace into the world, and that perhaps that's all we need.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am stunned that few people have actually stopped to look at this one.

Anyone reading this now, please put a flag on the thread and get it bumped to the top of the list!

It's a video well worth seeing, and taking note of.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just giving this a bump, as I know there are other threads that mention this. It truly is an amazing story to hear.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I watched this for the first time today. Brilliant.

Take a few and see it for yourself.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Thankyou for that woderfull video

new topics

top topics

join