It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much trust can we put in our governments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've been an ATS member a while now and I've come the conclusion that something big is on the way, if not here already. Now, things have really stirred up with the event of the Norway Spiral, and there have been lots of talk of it being an alien stargate or a government project. Whatever the case may be, our governments know exactly what that was. In case anyone hasn't noticed, things have been happening in quicker and quicker succession in the past couple of years, but especially these past few months. The evidence is piling up more and more everyday that something is on its way, so much so that it's blinding. It's obvious that there is life out there and its not even that far away.

I've seen videos of objects skipping off the sun,

www.youtube.com...

Faces, pyramids, and tubes on mars,

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Enormous planet sized objects on or around Saturn's rings,

And even scarier, anomalies on an object we see almost everyday and very close to home. Our very own moon.

www.youtube.com...

(If you haven't seen moon rising, I suggest seeing it from beginning to end. )

The list goes on forever..... So it's obvious that our government is at least aware of the presence of ET's, if not in contact with them. Which I personally believe they are due to government documents found with the words "Non-Human Personnel."

So if they are in frequent contact with them (and there are multiple races) why do our govts feel that they need to keep this such a huge secret from the public? I can't help but feel that our leaders have sold us out in some way, and that whatever race we are in contact with are not benevolent. That's not to say there aren't benevolent races, just the one we are dealing with isn't. I mean, just look how they are trying to accomplish NWO; by fear, murder, and war. What "good" could possibly come of that no matter how you look at it?

I really can't understand why they won't just tell us. Yes it would drastically change the world in every way imaginable, but so what? Wouldn't the disregard of false beliefs and a better understanding of how the universe works a step forward for mankind? I can't be the only one who realized this, so the only explanation I can think of is that they like the way things are now. They have complete control of everyone and if alien existence and super-advanced technologies were common knowledge then they would lose that control. People would be traveling the galaxy and habiting other planets and humans wouldn't be in the little bubble we are currently in. And for whatever reason, they can't have that. So again, this just leaves the question, have they sold us out or is it not up to them and they have less control over our fate than we do?

What do you guys think? (I would also like if you guys contributed to the thread by adding any info on our government's position on ET's. Not weather or not they exist but rather if they have or have not turned their backs on us or if they really are or aren't looking out for our best interest.) Are they protecting us, or are we just slaves and puppets to an unknown cause and lust for power?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

How much trust can we put in our governments?

As much trust as you have in your shoe turning into a flying cup cake monster.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lies, lies and more lies. They're in too deep now.

When the truth can no longer be suppressed, people will be held accountable. It will be denied as long as possible.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

But why is it that we can't trust them? What is it that they are doing that they are so scared of us knowing the truth?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
trust. government.
in 1 sentence?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A time will come when we wont need them anymore.

That is what they fear the most.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by TooManySecrets]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
you ask why...just look at the past

and you'll find your answer

and i to feel something BIG on the way

hope it's not something bad.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Traumacrazy]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

What I believe the case to be, somewhat falls in line with the Believes of Dr. Steven Greer (spelling?) from the Disclosure Project. Basically the military industrial complex has been milking humanity dry since the "INVENTION" of the Monetary system. They are coming to the realization that as Global Communication expands they no longer have the ability to have an enemy. The people in America especially are getting fed up with the wars that we have no part in being in. It HAS and ALWAYS will be about the oil....resources....You see whoever controls the most resources in the world, controls the world population itself. Sometimes this can change with the advent of DIGITAL money. Man has been in debt since the inception of the monetary system and hasn't come to the realization that a Resource-based economy is much more sound. More information concerning what an economy like that might look like can be found from The Venus Project.
My beliefs then lead me to believe either one of two possiblities. Either A) The Elitist Bankers...The ones that run this false system of governing and society, that bases the worth of someone's life on a specific monetary profit or loss, are simply selling humans into slavery to perhaps another Alien race. Or B) ((The much more likely of the two)) All E.Ts are benevolent and the only way this Military-Industrial complex can possibly stay at the proverbial "top of the pyramid" is to make a new enemy for us...."Malevolent E.T.s" My beliefs individually correspond with the latter of the two cases because I see a bit of our civilization in other Alien races....If they can't overcome the differences and fighting on THEIR OWN PLANET...how would they ever be able to achieve the technological superiority that they have.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth818
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

But why is it that we can't trust them? What is it that they are doing that they are so scared of us knowing the truth?

Perhaps Those people history/science has called crazy were right all along? What if...Wait...just let this sink in....WHAT IF....The soul...is eternal....And also...That thoughts...make up our reality....as a Conscious collective organism...US...and the Earth are part of a bigger whole? Do you realize what this could mean...That simply if ALL the world agreed on one wish that perhaps that might materialize right in front of us? Who knows though, because has there ever been one event...One something that was able to unite the entire WORLD under one flag...One Citizenship? The Citizenship of Earth...Of MANKIND? We are essentially the same to all our brothers and sisters. White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Red, Blue...whatever...We are all LIFE...therefore we are all one in a sense....Until this occurs (Which will likely follow an event of Catastrophic proportions) WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD ALIENS WANT TO COME MEET US? You know what I bet we look like to them? A bunch of Monkey's at the proverbial zoo ((Our Prison cage called the Monetary System)) throwing Feces at each other...Just look what society as become...A bunch of drooling sheep who will follow what Anyone tells them...As long as they don't have to get their lazy ass off the couch of course.... If you can't beat someone in a debate intellectually...Why not smear campaign and sling #((slander, defame, lies, humiliation)) upon them till the world agrees with you?
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES THE PROBLEM IN SOCIETY?

[edit on 12/17/09 by ElijahWan]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

I believe in both comments you posted and thank you for your insight. But I'm not so sure that all aliens are benevolent. Our government is currently running a project on the military base Dugway Proving Ground in Utah where tests of mile wide lasers are being shot into the sky. Proof of this are pictures of such an event and the fact that this base is a restricted area with a no fly zone all the way into infinity. This is the only base like this. Why would they need to shoot lasers into space unless there was some kind of alien threat?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately, we have no say.

Our governments will do what they do, disregarding us, the people who put them in power.

They will save themselves, not us.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You said: "I've been an ATS member a while now and I've come the conclusion that something big is on the way, if not here already. Now, things have really stirred up with the event of the Norway Spiral, and there have been lots of talk of it being an alien stargate or a government project."

I was going to reply that minds are getting carried away with bizarre assumptions for the Norway spiral. In my Gmail I received a notice of a post that had been made at the DARK MISSION blog where the poster said that there had been a similar spiral in Japan. Unfortunately, I deleted the email and I just searched at DARK MISSION and wasn't able to find the post that had been sent to me. That is also a mystery. When I delete mail there it is gone. In my regular email account deleted mail goes into a trash folder where I can retrieve.

So, I suggest that before you go bananas with your non-supported conspiracy you do a little more research into the Norway spiral.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I'll pose the question to you.....To wage our own war against the E.T. beings? Be honest....What's the first thing humans do when they learn of something new. They dwelve into it and explore it. Perhaps our leadership has become so corrupt that even the idea of a Cosmic Unity isn't possible because of their perhaps..."alleged" Satanist views?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

You said: "I've been an ATS member a while now and I've come the conclusion that something big is on the way, if not here already. Now, things have really stirred up with the event of the Norway Spiral, and there have been lots of talk of it being an alien stargate or a government project."

I was going to reply that minds are getting carried away with bizarre assumptions for the Norway spiral. In my Gmail I received a notice of a post that had been made at the DARK MISSION blog where the poster said that there had been a similar spiral in Japan. Unfortunately, I deleted the email and I just searched at DARK MISSION and wasn't able to find the post that had been sent to me. That is also a mystery. When I delete mail there it is gone. In my regular email account deleted mail goes into a trash folder where I can retrieve.

So, I suggest that before you go bananas with your non-supported conspiracy you do a little more research into the Norway spiral.

I assume your suggesting that because it happened in Japan its not anything but a rocket? Has the idea every occurred to you that Norway isn't the only area in which these spirals can occur? Isn't it possible that if it's a government project that when they test whatever this thing is out that it opens or occurs in random locations? Or if you want to go with the alien explanation that maybe there is more that one locale that they can open these things up?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan

I'll pose the question to you.....To wage our own warm against the E.T. beings? Be honest....What's the first thing humans do when they learn of something new. They dwelve into it and explore it. Perhaps our leadership has become so corrupt that even the idea of a Cosmic Unity isn't possible because of their perhaps..."alleged" Satanist views?

Can you elaborate what you mean by "alleged" Satanist views?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'm glad to have opened-minded people like you. Looking at a bigger perspective I just see it SOOO unlikely that all these whistleblowers, contactees ect are ALL lieing....E.Ts exist regardless of if we believe in them or not. I'm tired of seeing so many ATS skeptics who will base their speculations on just that....speculation...They can't see truth infront of them because they have preconceived notions to NOT believe in it...When yer open-minded it's pretty easy to see we aren't alone nor is it rational to think we are...Our universe is Massive.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Oh I don't mean any specific individual. Again this is all just speculation on my part. But I don't know man...When I look at the world and look at the direction global society is headed....I have no other way to think of our leaders other then Satanists

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Yes, I don't like to leave out any possibilities just because it isn't common knowledge. Common knowledge changes everyday. But I'm not so sure our leaders are satanists. Yes there are a lot of people in power who secretly are but I don't like to believe that our world is run by demonic extremists. I'm sure more rational minded people are in charge and are only evil by definition because of their lust for power. I feel like they want to feel almost like gods themselves as oppose to them doing things in the name of one regardless if its god or satan or whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You said: " Or if you want to go with the alien explanation that maybe there is more that one locale that they can open these things up?"

We sit at our computers and visit forums such as this one and are exposed to all kinds of thinking about a variety of arcane subjects. All kinds of assumptions are made due to a lack of direct knowledge. The Norway spiral is one of those subjects that on the surface can be utterly impressive. All people can do is speculate. Perhaps over in Norway there are people who know what it was and how it was produced. They certainly are not going to come here and explain it. Because of that lack of information minds run wild.

I have no concept as what created it. But I'll tell you this: I'm not going with any "alien" explanation. Until we know better, I'll go with a natural explanation even if I can't come up with it. Leaps of faith is something I don't engage in.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

But you are contradicting yourself right there. You are in fact making an assumption that this was a natural occurrence. Why wouldn't anyone in Norway tell us what it is? What is it, some kind of conspiracy?

Besides, they did explain what it is, they said it was a rocket. And in case you haven't seen pictures or actual video of this event from different locations, that was in no way a rocket. NO WAY. But you once again are contradicting yourself with assumptions. You 'assume' aliens don't exist. Your thinking about it as if it's not a possibility. Et's are all too real in my opinion, and there is WAY too much evidence that supports that fact.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join