It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet Over Chile December 16,2009

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Here is the deal. When you can clearly see the landing lights and no other lights, it means the plane is coming towards you. So we have a formation of planes flying towards us that all veer off in one direction, with the landing lights still clearly visible to us. That means that the planes must be flying sideways and in formation. It is a neat trick that I have not seen any planes perform. And here is another one for everybody claiming it is several formations of planes. How come the Blue Angels do not fly formation displays at night? How come the Thunderbirds do not fly formation displays at night? How come the Canadian Snowbirds do not fly formation displays at night? Let me tell you why. Formation flying requires you to keep a close eye on other planes in the formation. Kind of hard to do when it is night out. YOUR DEBUNKING HAS BEEN DEBUNKED

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

EPIC FAIL
Maybe you did not notice, but it is still light out in your video. And the planes are flying straight ahead and not performing any maneuvers. Sorry but the case is still open.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I see a lot of replys about Navigation lights. The T-35 and a lot of military aircraft are older than March 11, 1996, and thus have no Navigation lights and Beacons.

Does military aircraft have to use Navigation lights and Beacons?

I live in line with Moffett Field, and see C-130's flying over 1-2 an hour at night, with no navigation lights and beacons.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I hate to say it but with earphones in I can easily make out the jet engine noises as they fly by. Don't believe me try for yourself using headphones.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

You know the military does what they want when they want to. They have reasons to turn their lights off. I also have observed military flights without lights, but what does this have to do with the videos being scrutinized here?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
Wow I respect this guy Phage but what I don't get is this utter fascination coming from other members. It's like all these people who can't think and reason for themselves have a Phage fetish. They can't form an opinion until Phage speaks up and then they troll and ruin perfectly fine threads.

I have to agree there, i respect Phage as he is a smart fella, but im sure he would agree that its a little ridiculous when you see a thread and peoples comments are "i cant wait to see what phage says".
I agree with him alot and have dissagreed but i dont follow him around or wait for him to show me the light, i hope he doesnt want that either.

Its about time that other people are noticing this little phenomenon as well. I actually made a post about it last week and came close to making a thread on it.

No offense to Phage, he's a good ATS member and does a decent job here. But, I've noticed that Phage has a pack of little cult followers that constantly seek his approval and absolutely cannot forge an opinion of their own without hearing his first. Often, these little "cronies" will go to other threads and purposefully agitate and instigate others, use his name for prestige and coolness by association, and then revel in his "magnificence" when he shows up. I don't think that this is a fault of Phage's, I just think its a fault of the non-individuality within the group that gravitates towards him for information. As it were, followers always look for someone to lead the way. I tend to call this a weakness. In this case, they assume that Phage is undoubtedly more knowledgeable than they are, and since they perceive this as a strength, they seek to align themselves with what they assume is "The Winning Team." If this is how they choose to use ATS then so be it. But ultimately, its a pretty sad state of affairs when a forum can be turned into a grade school bullying parade for keyboard gangsters.

I'm not sure where this all began, but, its pretty insane phenomenon to observe. It seems very Jim Jones-ish.

As for the topic at hand, it is really hard to make out what is occurring in this vid. I'm pretty sure its just aircraft, but, anything is possible. As it were, airplanes don't always have to use flashing strobes or landing lights and can keep a solid appearance depending on their altitude. So, although I'm not saying that these are airplanes, I am saying that it is the most likely explanation. I have no proof either way.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by freighttrain

I concur! You people are giving your power away to certain individuals to make decisions for You! Even if Phage is an expert (he seems pretty smart and does his research) the odds of finding truth calls for more "non-expert" then few "experts". So STOP relying on others to create your thoughts for you, THINK FOR YOURSELF! You can't loose, just have faith in your own eyes, be open minded to what others say but DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and come with YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING! then share...

what is wrong with giving the man a bit of credit? Or do I sense envy amongst certain members that think Phage has a following or a cult (lol)?

There is nothing wrong with giving the man credit, I think I've stated that, but once few groupies give all their logical decision power to someone else, that's what I have a problem with.

Since the conclusion is biased and not formed from ones perception but instead Phages' decision. It's clear what Phages' perspective is and that's his right to have (same as me), but when people waiting on him to make their decision is just wrong.

It just reminds me of a religious institute where bunch of aimless people are waiting to be told what to do next! That creates a cult (us vs. them) rather then individual perception.

I've seen this, over and over again recently and it needs to stop. Nothing to do with Phage, it could be someone else, it's the principle that I have a problem with. THINK FOR YOURSELF and MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
UFO's are real. But it's not aliens operating them, it's us humans. I am convinced it is the military or some form of government.

We've had similar incidents in Puerto Rico. There's a military base there and people see all kinds of UFO-ish objects in the sky.

Someone somewhere must be getting a kick out of this stuff. I know I would. The military would rather us think it's aliens before we think it's the government doing god-knows-what up in the sky.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Cyprex

You know the military does what they want when they want to. They have reasons to turn their lights off. I also have observed military flights without lights, but what does this have to do with the videos being scrutinized here?

"What does this have to do with the videos", well everything. The OP video and the other videos all have unidentified aircraft with out navigation lights and beacons, and many are saying they are not planes because of this. I just wanted to point out that older planes and military planes dont have or use them.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
This thread is the epitome of the secondary entertainment value I obtain from this site. A low quality video is presented as evidence of intelligently guided, other-worldly craft. Many users are convinced solely by this low quality video. Along comes Phage.

Phage presents evidence to the contrary. Solid and convincing; his evidence is of a more convicing quality than that which the presenter of the video is trying to convey. Along with the quotes from other threads including one of a person who has seen this aircraft with his own eyes.

Now the funny part... Users with blind faith, those with disgust towards Phage, people whose "unreality" keeps being shattered by someone who is really good at contributing critical analysis to these topics. You guys get so p*issed at critical analysis! Yet you blindly accept a low quality video which is presented the way you want it to be presented, showing you what you want to believe. Some of you remind me of religious zealots.

Thankyou for the entertainment and thankyou Phage for keeping it real. There must always be a balance.

I rest my case with this post my last one as well. Take a really good look here. This member specifically used Phage as an overall reason for trashing this vid. This member didn't do any research of their own, didn't offer any logical or sensible explanations to the phenomenon and ultimately insulted those who choose to think differently. Their ONLY opinion rested on the work of another member that they wholeheartedly took as truth because it came from "said" member. They used Phage's work as a way to chastise others and downgrade other ATS members for their beliefs. BRAVO!!! I'm still waiting for an original thought here.

Believer81, just because Phage said that these are airplanes does not mean that this is a closed case. What if they were helicopters? What if they were flying monkeys from mars??? The fact is, you're placing way too much faith in the beliefs or opinions of others. That's very dangerous because your own critical thinking skills are being blindly negated by your need to align yourself with someone that you feel is superior.

Again...I claim no absolutes here. I am actually leaning towards this being terrestrial aircraft as well, but, I didn't need Phage to crystallize that thought for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Answer to all questions

Plane theory:
1. Air show at night! over city! With gigantic halogens attached to planes!
2. Air show /exercise program :
- Teleporting in start position!
- Hovering in place!
- Flaying around whit no purpose!
- Flaying whit two no shape formations.
- Hovering, first formation and exchange one plane to second formation!
- Flaying striate line.
- Flaying whit speed of 10000 mph

That must by great show...
There haw too by lots of pictures/video of this great show. If some of you find any pleas let mi now.

“UFO” theory:

1 Just in right place and time whit camera.
2. Zoom and puff UFO aspires in the middle of focus, great timing!!!
3. Few million city, lots of cell phones and not on seen/photograph nothing.
4.”ufo” appears just behind a lifter and giving this film great filing of reality.

Just another standard CGI.!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen
UFO's are real. But it's not aliens operating them, it's us humans. I am convinced it is the military or some form of government.

That's quite a bold statement, I wish I could be so self assured. Considering that planet earth is orbiting and rotating in INFINITY, I think that it is more than reasonable to assume that there may be other things flying around space and our planet that may not be human.

By the way...what about all of the sightings that have been recorded before our invention of aircraft? Was it the military then as well???

What about "the battle of L.A?" If you haven't heard of it, you might want to type it up in your search engine. This made national news and was heard all over radios during the 40's. An unidentified aircraft was seen in LA. The military responded by blasting it with over 1500 rounds of anti-aircraft artillery but they couldn't take it down. 4 people lost their lives due to falling debris. Now, my question to you is this...If it was just the military flying this craft, why was the military firing on the military on that particular day?

The official story was that it was a weather balloon. However, its really hard to buy that story especially given the fact that we couldn't take that "weather balloon" down with over 1500 rounds.

You might want to consider that.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Haha, pretty funny, they do fly in formations at night, just not for the public!

Debunk debunk, debunked?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I rest my case with this post my last one as well. Take a really good look here. This member specifically used Phage as an overall reason for trashing this vid. This member didn't do any research of their own, didn't offer any logical or sensible explanations to the phenomenon and ultimately insulted those who choose to think differently. Their ONLY opinion rested on the work of another member that they wholeheartedly took as truth because it came from "said" member. They used Phage's work as a way to chastise others and downgrade other ATS members for their beliefs. BRAVO!!! I'm still waiting for an original thought here.

Believer81, just because Phage said that these are airplanes does not mean that this is a closed case. What if they were helicopters? What if they were flying monkeys from mars??? The fact is, you're placing way too much faith in the beliefs or opinions of others. That's very dangerous because your own critical thinking skills are being blindly negated by your need to align yourself with someone that you feel is superior.

Again...I claim no absolutes here. I am actually leaning towards this being terrestrial aircraft as well, but, I didn't need Phage to crystallize that thought for me.

LOL

Indeed you have proved your point. You described it so well. Poor Phage, hes the guy stuck in the middle of all this without choice lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
reply to post by Phage

Do you have any other proof rather than speculation to back up your claims.

Lol. No worries dude. Since the Op asked the self assigned debunker in this board to give an opinion, I guess he has the right to do so and that's what is doing. Next...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Phage, the Oracle of ATS. No need to think for yourself anymore.

It seems to be built into people to trust others more than they trust themself. In that way, I consider him and his followers as a interesting display of human mass psychology.

Guys like him are the new priests.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Chile is one off the new "Hotspot" countrys on ufo's.
Too bad the image quality sucks,,, i wish people would at least buy a decent camera BEFORE trying to look in the sky for something.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
After watching carefully, I don't see these lights performing any maneuver that a plane couldn't do. The only odd thing to me is the lighting itself, it seems strange... when some solid lights veer off, the light does not dim. As in, the lights must be equally visible from all sides. I suppose there are ways to accomplish this, perhaps it was done this way for the purpose of the show, or maybe that's a safety measure for flying formations at night. They do fly in formations, they do not seem to travel faster than a plane would.

Also, it seems pretty clear at the start of the video, they were looking for these lights. They were panning around for them and then they appeared. You know.. kind of like they were expecting them? As if... hmm.. there was an airshow planned, and they were waiting for them to appear so they could film it. It's obvious they chose a vantage point over the city that would have a good view of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

Originally posted by Phage
December in Santiago again? Time flies...and so do airplanes.
Time for graduation at the FACH Aviation School again.
forgetomori.com...

You can't see the nav lights because the quality of the video is so poor. I wonder if that's an accident.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Phage]
Graduation of recruits in the dark. Makes alot of sence , The display of controll over an aircraft is always displayed during daylight hours. I don't understand what you are saying here.

You set the bait for Phage to come and explain away this video, and that is exactly what he did, providing an article showing that this formation of night flying occurs every December as part of the cities events. Night flying is quite common with student pilots, and in fact, when I took lessons, I made my very first landing at night, since it is easier to land at night than during the day... the lights help with perspective.

When I lived in San Diego I would often sit at the beach and watch the military aircraft come back from their exercises. They were obviously out at sea, perhaps on a carrier, and the would fly back over land, coming straight towards you. Mind you this was a night, and they would have either a single white light or two and would appear very bright. You could not see the red and green nav lights or wingtip lights because as Phage said, they were too far away. All you saw was their super bright landing lights.

When multiple planes fly towards you they can look all chaotic, but in reality, they are not. It is easy to get fooled by mistaken perspective.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Every ones entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that the lights in the video look different to normal aircraft.....Unidentified Flying Objects...yes, no.
Did anyone here on ats actually fly in these craft ?
Im intrigued by all the mystery behind alot of what I see and read, usually videos like this excite me (not like that !!!)....because its something different to what im used to seeing, then someone comes along and shoots down anything thats not a rational explanation.
The thing is, apart from the obvious hoaxes some of these videos show some amazing sights and I only wish I could see something as extraordinary as this.
Yeah, this video could be CGI or planes, but surely it could also be alien craft, some secret government project or some other type of super intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join