It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians confirm that UK scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Russia is not controlled by the NWO, yet. You can trust them to tell the truth on this.

This has got to be the most incredible statement I have read to date.

Dude, trust what the Russians are saying?

Ask any Russian...This is great!

Ask the Russian Gov how many Homosexuals there are in Russia. It's likely the Russians have never told the truth about anything, ever. Study some history.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Too many people regurgitate second hand information? Of course people are going to have opinions, based on second hand information. This is how society comes to decisions, by basing them on the quality of information brought to them by "experts" in any number of scientific or political arenas.
I'm not a doctor, but I know too much salt is bad for me, because of the arguments they've made to convince me of it, etc.

I can see what you are saying to a certain degree.... But i feel you use a bad analogy...

There is not a doctor in the world who would dispute that to much salt is bad for you!! It is something that is widely known and accepted by all the medical community.

A better analogy would be two doctors who have different opinions... one telling you that a drug will cure you, the other saying it will kill you... Who do you believe?

My main point is regarding the confidence with which many people go about their argument... when the truth is they really don’t know what they are talking about!! It seems that many people make an emotional decision regarding which side to believe... then read all information that supports their side and regurgitates it is if it was their own research!!

The bullying tactics employed by the globalist AGW supporters is almost undeniable, therefore, the integrity of the information being used by such entities that are named in the article could, and definately should, be questioned. This is especially true because NOTHING like cap'nhagen would ever occur unless financially, someone was making money, and conversely, the taxpayer was losing it.

Sorry but this makes me laugh... two years ago this site was full of people saying...

"The bullying tactics employed by the Oil companies with regards to AGW denial is almost undeniable"

There were many threads... showing evidence and documentation covering how there was a plot to disprove AGW by any means...

Now that people have realised the AGW may affect their pockets its...

"The bullying tactics employed by the globalist AGW supporters is almost undeniable"

How convenient that we have forgotten about the many post showing the underhand tactics used by industrialists oil companies!

In my opinion the oil companies have done a fantastic job derailing the whole issue and governments/politicians have destabilised the argument further by not dealing with the issue of AGW affectively and instead using at as an opportunity to be exploited!!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

The analogy was pertaining not to global warming itself but to your comment claiming that people should not make decisions based on second hand information. There are billions of analogies I could've used to show the how that assertion is incorrect.
Oil companies stand to gain a lot from capntrade. They will make money on it. The only reason copenhagen is happening is because oil lobbyists and government officials have reached an agreement behind closed doors and are ready to move forward together.
The fact that there have been claims that oil companies have been bullying in no way disproves that AGW royalty has not been doing the such things. Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Americans: If the Russians told us our pants were on fire we would still have our doubts. We are believing them now? Just so I know.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The analogy was pertaining not to global warming itself but to your comment claiming that people should not make decisions based on second hand information.

OK... Maybe I should have stated as "second hand information which is in serious dispute"

I am not asking people to not believe that which is undisputed and written down... surely you must see that! There IS a massive dispute going on regardless of your own personal opinion and therefore no one can actually say that they are 100% correct.
And for non experts to pick a side while not really knowing all the facts... well that’s ok... but don’t pretend to be an expert (and i am not talking about you personally... rather a general reference to the arrogance of the average debater on this issue)

That is why i praised the post by henriquefd! It made a refreshing change for someone to actually admit that the whole thing is confusing and not act like some self appointed expert... I hope you can understand what i mean

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I thought his post was good too, don't get me wrong. With the media monopoly that we have today, personal research is essential. Luckily, we have the internet , so people are becoming more and more educated.

We've learned about government policy and how it appears to take action based on morals. This is almost never true, it looks out only for it's own self interest and expansion of power. This is exactly what I believe is happening with AGW, and as these obscure international entities conitinue successfuly with their powergrabs, stopping the momentum of this phenomenon is becoming almost impossible.

What copenhagen boils down to is a debate on taxation without representatin, the redistribution of wealth, and how to implement such actions. They've pressed the panic button by turning a pebble of data into a mountain of scientific fact.
I'm all for a clean environment, but what they're proposing is ridiculous in terms of a solution.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Snow coming to large parts of the UK, maybe this is the snow that is lacking from the North Pole, maybe the Sahara will become a snow ridden wasteland and the North Pole a balmy holiday resort- exciting times ahead!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Yeah maybe they'lll grow citrus plants in britain/newfoundland like they used to!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

And I expect the anti-science mob will reject the explanation out of hand.

Such is life.

Right, so let me get this straight....

If Russian scientists come up with data that refutes your point of view it's not science and should be rejected. Anyone who doesn't is anti science.

I suppose then, conversely anyone accepting the data from those scientists who confirm and promote your point of view is pro science?

Gotcha

Just making sure I understand how it works

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If people want a good overview of the global warming fiasco, there is another threadhere that i would recommend. I've already bumped it. I think it's fairly new. IDK I enjoyed it, with a certain sense of self-satisfaction I might add

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Some of the statements and positions displayed in this thread are laughable.

The fact is that 'normal' people cannot bring themselves to think outside the little box that has been created for them by tptb.

Those that do dare to question authority are ridiculed.

Its just so much easier to take the mainstream view and not fall out with anyone.

Regarding Russia... I would say its possible that they fear a NWO especially one centered on their doorstep in Europe. So perhaps that is their motive for undermining Copenhagen. I personally doubt that though.

IMO Russian scientists are probably some of the best in the world. Lets face it theres not much else to do in frozen Russia except read up on stuff .... so leaving political shenannigans aside i would be more inclined to listen to what they have to say against a bunch of sponsored self serving prats in east anglia.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by bigyin]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You would be hard pressed to find any major research facility or university that does not receive money from big oil. Either directly or through some foundation or private donors who themselves have oil related stocks in their portfolio.

Those pesky leaked emails even specifically mention a partnership with Shell Oil and talk of getting other oil companies as partners.

As for the ad hominem attacks on Russians, it is disturbing to see such prejudice and stereotyping thrown around so blatantly.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
Im not saying we are fully to blame, though i think its acceptable to realise at the very least that we are partly to blame!

So, the whole solar system is heating up, humanity is populating far to fast and we cant control our waste/by products.

So, how is it that humans are even partly to blame for heating up the solar system?

In fact, evidence the the solar system is also warming up is part of the proof the humans are not causing global warming.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Russia is one of the countries that would be extremely damaged financially if any type of deal is struck in Copenhagen, so of course they will do everything in their power to garner support from the fringe of Western society that thinks man made Co2 emissions have absolutely no impact on the environment.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by CrimescenePhotographer]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Some of the statements and positions displayed in this thread are laughable.

IMO Russian scientists are probably some of the best in the world. Lets face it theres not much else to do in frozen Russia except read up on stuff ....

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Is the sea not rising? are the polar caps not melting? Are the majority of the mountains not loosing more snow cover every year?. Is glacial ice not receding? and hasn't the weather been really outta wack all over the world? rainfalls in feet rather than inches. Snow in deserts. Comon people. It IS happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Right, so let me get this straight....

If Russian scientists come up with data that refutes your point of view it's not science and should be rejected. Anyone who doesn't is anti science.

I suppose then, conversely anyone accepting the data from those scientists who confirm and promote your point of view is pro science?

Gotcha

Just making sure I understand how it works

That is not even remotely what I said at all.

Russians can certainly do good science. But the source of this story is not Russian scientists. The source of this story is a Russian right wing economics think tank with ties to the Russian oil and coal industries.

And I repeat: that doesn't necessarily mean that it is wrong, but it could be fundamentally misleading. It strongly fits the pattern of misinformation coming out of the anti-science propaganda machine.

There are many reasons why researchers might choose to not use an individual weather station. I gave one example: there is a history of bad data management from some stations, resulting in the same data being reported several months in a row forcing recalls of data sets for correction.

Furthermore, you don't really need a lot of reporting stations, just consistent methodology and a way to identify and and recalibrate errors. There are thousands of weather stations in the USA that put out good data, but there is no reason to use every single one, just a properly selected representative sample from a variety of regions.

Those two reasons I just gave are perfectly mundane reasons why not every Russian stations is used in the datasets. If the story is even true, which we don't know yet.

My prediction is that whatever the answer is it will be rejected out of hand by the anti-science propaganda machine.

[edit on 17/12/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by heyo

Nice find, starred and flagged.

Of course the AGW proponents are going to dismiss this, like they do with everything else that refutes the AGW religion, and they will keep on claiming "you have nothing".

There are certain people that will never accept the fact that they were, and still are wrong.

Talking about yourself are we?

I mean come on think about. Let's assume for the sake of argument that the missing data shows russia is cooling on average. This makes NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to all the other data worldwide showing average warming. In addition those pesky NASA satellites measure warming over russia as well. Ooops.

Switch brain on part 2 : Who is reporting this ? Talk about turkeys not voting for christmas (UK) or thanksgiving (US)! DUH!!!!!!

[edit on 18/12/09 by malcr]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Is the sea not rising? are the polar caps not melting? Are the majority of the mountains not loosing more snow cover every year?. Is glacial ice not receding? and hasn't the weather been really outta wack all over the world? rainfalls in feet rather than inches. Snow in deserts. Comon people. It IS happening.

don't believe the hype

Just adapt to change and stop living your life in fear

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by heyo

Nice find, starred and flagged.

Of course the AGW proponents are going to dismiss this, like they do with everything else that refutes the AGW religion, and they will keep on claiming "you have nothing".

There are certain people that will never accept the fact that they were, and still are wrong.

Talking about yourself are we?

I mean come on think about. Let's assume for the sake of argument that the missing data shows russia is cooling on average. This makes NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to all the other data worldwide showing average warming. In addition those pesky NASA satellites measure warming over russia as well. Ooops.

Switch brain on part 2 : Who is reporting this ? Talk about turkeys not voting for christmas (UK) or thanksgiving (US)! DUH!!!!!!

[edit on 18/12/09 by malcr]

This calls into question the integrity of data collected, at the very least. One could also ask, "who is reporting the warming?", oh wait the guys whose livelihoods depend on it.
This is beside the point, however. The earth has, and always will, change. Until our sun goes nova, we'll have to deal with it. I look at IPCC declarations of controlling worldwide temperature changes and i lmfao. Global warming is true, probably, AGW's claims are groundless, yet the whole world needs to change. pfft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join