It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians confirm that UK scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Russians confirm that UK scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

mensne wsdaily.com

The Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report stating that Russian meteorological-station data does not appear to substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory; contrary to the manipulated impression given by UK researchers involved in Climategate.

The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world’s land mass. The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well here you have the Russians claiming that data collected to push the global warming agenda is at the very least, incomplete, and possibly fabricated. This whole thing has become sucha political fiasco, so much so that I would be happy if absolutely nothing got done at Cap'nhagen at all. Is there doubt that it's all about money?

Let's keep a close eye on the environment, and find out for sure that we're causing climate change before we give in to taxation without representation.

mensne wsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Nice find, starred and flagged.

Of course the AGW proponents are going to dismiss this, like they do with everything else that refutes the AGW religion, and they will keep on claiming "you have nothing".

There are certain people that will never accept the fact that they were, and still are wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Russia is not controlled by the NWO, yet. You can trust them to tell the truth on this. I noticed Obama is pushing through the Patriot battery plans.. so much for that being a neo-con policy. They will be placed in Poland and pointed toward Russia. Just one facet of the containment strategy.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I would imagine russian industrial interests stand to gain a lot from capntrade, yet here we have scientists, WITH status, outlining the possibility that the whole thing could possibly be a sham! It's almost how a real scientist would act when only concerned about the truth!
I hope this is somewhat of a domino effect, and russia just flicked the first piece!

The more I hear about the natural cycles of the earth's climate, the less alarmed I feel. Since I'm kind of paranoid, I think that's a good sign.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Russia acts like a real country, with it's own self-interest in mind. They're not concerned about people's opinions of them on the other side of the globe.
Maybe it's the heroin.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You know, I am really lost on this issue. Not so long ago, I bet a lot more people were convinced that Global Warming was being caused by us and that all evidence against it was being fabricated by big Oil and others...

Then all this information about faking data comes up and I bet a lot of people are changing their minds...

I really don't know. We can't deny we are poluting the freaking planet. That's for sure. Anyone living or visiting very poluted cities, cities with smogs, with heavy industries, can see that.

I'm no scientist so I have to believe them when they say that CO2 remains for a hundred years in the atmosphere. If that CO2 will cause that much influence in the temperature, that I am not sure. But if all this polution is not causing the global warming, it is at the very least turning this planet into a huge trash bin.

Even if there isn't any man made global warming, we can't continue polluting the planet like this, man. Here in Brazil, we have this huge coastal area with beautiful beaches, but so many of them are now polluted. It's common practice in some cities to dump the sewage waste into the sea. Not to mention the oil spills. I have seen beaches that even today have oil on the coral reefs and the sands.

The city of Sao Paulo gets 800.000 new cars added to the streets every year. It's crazy. Because of my job I travel all over the country and a common problem to most cities is how to deal with the trash. Lots and lots of trash is produced daily and we have to find a place to dump all that trash.

Anyway, I am rambling on here. I am not saying anything new with those examples. Just trying to point out that even if we are really not the cause of Global Warming, we can't deny we're still polluting this planet and making it worse for us to live in.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Ya know, i totally agree with you. I mean, i recognise the fact that the Earth and indeed the solar system, undergoes climate change without the aid of humanity however, we certainly contribute to it..... without a doubt.

Just 100 years ago there was roughly 2 billion people on the planet, now there is almost 7 billion. Thats ALOT of resources we are using just to keep this amount of people going, what will it be like in in another 100 years, 30 billion? Could our Earth handle that many people and cater for the resources needed, hell no, we cant even handle it now.

We are certainly in part to blame for all this, and we need to recognise this fact instead of pointing the finger and blame on scientists/goverments et cetera for it all. Im not saying we are fully to blame, though i think its acceptable to realise at the very least that we are partly to blame!

So, the whole solar system is heating up, humanity is populating far to fast and we cant control our waste/by products.

Ill leave you with a 10 min clip from David Attenborough from the series, State Of The Planet >

Be safe and be well

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

A star for an honest, simple view on the issue. You haven’t pretended to understand complicated graphs, nor claimed to have read and understood mountains of data... just told it as you see it with your own eyes... nice one

Too many people confidently regurgitate second hand information as if they know what they are talking about... Not many people on this site are climatologists yet they confidently make bold statements about this issue!!!

And I am talking about both sides of the argument... I would love to see more honesty!!

It really scares me that people are prepared to take gambles with our life support system because they are frightened of having to change the way they live and because they are too arrogant to admit that they really don’t know the truth.

Thanks for a refreshingly honest post

With regards to the OP... i see it like this... it means nothing...

If the Russian scientists had said that they had found evidence that supports the MMCC theory then people would be saying "Those Russians are at it again... they are just saying this because they will gain from Cap and Trade... You can’t trust them... they are so corrupt" etc... It is simply a case of getting into bed with anyone who happens agree with your own personal belief.

I've even seen people praising Nick Griffin (the leader of the British far right political party BNP) for his comments claiming MMCC is a scam.

For me, as someone who does believe in MMCC, if Nick Griffin stepped forward and said that MMCC was fact I would do everything to distance myself from the vile little creep. Just because he happens to agree with one of the things I believe does not make him a friend of mine!!!

But it seems to me that people are so desperate, when it comes to this issue, that they will happily accept allies were ever they can get them... regardless of what other principles they have to sell out!!

So now its

“All hail the glorious Russian truth tellers and their free and incorruptible scientists”

Just my opinion... i mean no offence to anyone

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Even if there isn't any man made global warming, we can't continue polluting the planet like this, man. Here in Brazil, we have this huge coastal area with beautiful beaches, but so many of them are now polluted. It's common practice in some cities to dump the sewage waste into the sea. Not to mention the oil spills. I have seen beaches that even today have oil on the coral reefs and the sands. The city of Sao Paulo gets 800.000 new cars added to the streets every year. It's crazy. Because of my job I travel all over the country and a common problem to most cities is how to deal with the trash. Lots and lots of trash is produced daily and we have to find a place to dump all that trash.

The problems with trash, etc. are the problem every developing country experiences. It has nothing to do with CO2, carbon credits or AGW which is what Copenhagen and the climate control agenda is about.

Frankly, the more developed and prosperous a country is the better it is able to clean up and improve its environmental issues. Poor countries pollute much more!!

The Copenhagen conference doesn't concern itself with trash or pollution. It's more a wealth transfer agenda which, fortunately is going bad!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The people reporting this is a right wing think tank with vested interests in oil and coal.

However, this doesn't necessarily mean it is wrong.

It also doesn't mean there is anything nefarious going on.

The Russian data is notoriously unreliable, having caused several problems with reports that had to be corrected after release. It is quite possible that researchers have, over time, filtered out unreliable stations due to unmanageable levels of errors.

I expect the researchers will provide an explanation shortly.

And I expect the anti-science mob will reject the explanation out of hand.

Such is life.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Why should we listen to Russians on this? One good reason would be that they have detailed documentation going all the way back to 1937 from soviet(and now russian) "Drift Stations".

Soviet and Russian manned drifting ice stations

Soviet and now Russian drifting ice stations are named "Severnyy polyus" (Russian: «Северный полюс»; English: "North Pole") and are abbreviated SP (Russian: «СП»; English: "NP"). Each station is assigned an ordinal number. "NP" stations carry out the program of complex year-round research in the fields of oceanology, ice studies, meteorology, aerology, geophysics, hydrochemistry, hydrophysics, as well as in the field of marine biology. On average, an "NP" station is the host for 600 to 650 ocean depth measurements, 3500 to 3900 complex meteorology measurements, 1200 to 1300 temperature measurements and sea water probes for chemical analysis, 600 to 650 research balloon launches. Magnetic, ionosphere, ice and other observations are also carried out there. Regular measurements of the ice floe coordinates provide the data on the direction and speed of its drift. The modern "NP" drifting ice station resembles a small settlement with housing for polar explorers and special buildings for the scientific equipment. Usually an "NP" station begins operations in April and continues for two or three years until the ice floe reaches the Greenland Sea. Polar explorers are substituted yearly. Since 1937 some 800 people were drifting at "NP" stations.

As you can see(in the bold type area), they have collected huge data sets every year. Data that includes more than just simple temperature readings but also ice thickness and other water tests. You know, the stuff they(the COP people) claim is all relevant to our changing environment. So what's a good reason to not use the russian data? Maybe because they know it doesn't go with what they are pushing. I bet Russia would like warmer climate, Siberia has yet to warm up.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I'm pretty sure they are only talking about temperature stations, not ocean depth or ice thickness or anything else.

I can be corrected on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
you can be an "environmentalist" without being an AGW lackey- it is just a shame that the AGW extremists now dominate enivronmental movements

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's quite forward as to what they take measurements of:

On average, an "NP" station is the host for 600 to 650 ocean depth measurements, 3500 to 3900 complex meteorology measurements, 1200 to 1300 temperature measurements and sea water probes for chemical analysis, 600 to 650 research balloon launches. Magnetic, ionosphere, ice and other observations are also carried out there. Regular measurements of the ice floe coordinates provide the data on the direction and speed of its drift.

That means an average for each individual ice station. They have a lot of data. The guys in England, as far as i'm aware, only use temperature readings for their data. Wouldn't you want all the collected info on the ice observations and water tests ect? If they throw out Russian data it must be because it further hurts their cause.

"In Soviet Russia, you don't change the weather. The weather changes you."
(poor humor)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Russia is not controlled by the NWO, yet. You can trust them to tell the truth on this. I noticed Obama is pushing through the Patriot battery plans.. so much for that being a neo-con policy. They will be placed in Poland and pointed toward Russia. Just one facet of the containment strategy.

REALLY ! THE RUSSIANS.

How about this - Russia is the only country that stands to gain SIGNIFICANTLY from global warming. They will have access to vast areas of food production land currently ice bound. Further there are HUGE areas of energy and mineral reserves also locked away which would become available. Global warming to Russia is about the best thing that could happen - but of course the RUSSIANS are going to be all upfront on this issue - like everything else....LMAO

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
How about this - Russia is the only country that stands to gain SIGNIFICANTLY from global warming. They will have access to vast areas of food production land currently ice bound. Further there are HUGE areas of energy and mineral reserves also locked away which would become available. Global warming to Russia is about the best thing that could happen - but of course the RUSSIANS are going to be all upfront on this issue - like everything else....LMAO

impossible to make such a definite "GAIN" shout out for the Russians for crying out loud
, it could also make certain fertile regions in Russia now worthless
, before we even get into ever knowing what causes GW and to what degree

Funny post though

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

A star for an honest, simple view on the issue. You haven’t pretended to understand complicated graphs, nor claimed to have read and understood mountains of data... just told it as you see it with your own eyes... nice one

Too many people confidently regurgitate second hand information as if they know what they are talking about... Not many people on this site are climatologists yet they confidently make bold statements about this issue!!!

And I am talking about both sides of the argument... I would love to see more honesty!!

It really scares me that people are prepared to take gambles with our life support system because they are frightened of having to change the way they live and because they are too arrogant to admit that they really don’t know the truth.

Thanks for a refreshingly honest post

With regards to the OP... i see it like this... it means nothing...

If the Russian scientists had said that they had found evidence that supports the MMCC theory then people would be saying "Those Russians are at it again... they are just saying this because they will gain from Cap and Trade... You can’t trust them... they are so corrupt" etc... It is simply a case of getting into bed with anyone who happens agree with your own personal belief.

I've even seen people praising Nick Griffin (the leader of the British far right political party BNP) for his comments claiming MMCC is a scam.

For me, as someone who does believe in MMCC, if Nick Griffin stepped forward and said that MMCC was fact I would do everything to distance myself from the vile little creep. Just because he happens to agree with one of the things I believe does not make him a friend of mine!!!

But it seems to me that people are so desperate, when it comes to this issue, that they will happily accept allies were ever they can get them... regardless of what other principles they have to sell out!!

So now its

“All hail the glorious Russian truth tellers and their free and incorruptible scientists”

Just my opinion... i mean no offence to anyone

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Muckster]

Too many people regurgitate second hand information? Of course people are going to have opinions, based on second hand information. This is how society comes to decisions, by basing them on the quality of information brought to them by "experts" in any number of scientific or political arenas.
I'm not a doctor, but I know too much salt is bad for me, because of the arguments they've made to convince me of it, etc.

The bullying tactics employed by the globalist AGW supporters is almost undeniable, therefore, the integrity of the information being used by such entities that are named in the article could, and definately should, be questioned. This is especially true because NOTHING like cap'nhagen would ever occur unless financially, someone was making money, and conversely, the taxpayer was losing it.

With scientists in russia substantiating claims by phil jones of cru (in hacked emails) that data is being cherrypicked, it stands to reason that it's not the first, only, or last time such deceit is being practiced.

In court, evidence obtained from compromised sources is inadmissable.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

It seems the only country who scientists, ever seem to tell the truth is russia. they are not being held down by money from groups controlling the people in the west.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In many threads pertaining to many different conspiracies, I've been noticing an anti-globalist stance from Russia as well. It's rumoured that Putin is anti-NWO, so he probably sees this for what it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join