It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange objects on the surface of Mars (Looks like Fur?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Recently I found a Russian webpage claiming that The Orbital probe from NASA photographed 'woolen objects' on mars!

Full translated article below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7edd73c96ad5.jpg[/atsimg]

What this? Dead nature? Or life? “The hair”, photographed on Mars, is actually similar to scraps of fur.

Recently - on March 25 - the automatic probe of mars, Reconnaissance Orbiter,, armed by the camera of the high resolution hiRISE, transmitted to earth the photograph of certain mysterious objects. They are very large and appear by the beams of fur. In NASA these structures were named “hair”.

In the official press release the scientists explained that this “hair” appears from the depths because with an increase in the temperature, it begins to evaporate carbonic acid dioxide. It - solid - sublimates. I.e., immediately it converts to a gaseous state.

Gas jets, breaking through ice crust and escaping to the surface, seize with themselves dust. And they throw it about all around. From this, allegedly, appears the such uncommon structures, similar to the beams of fur.

But if there is no dust, and ice crust sufficiently solid and does not burst itself, then gas is created on the surface of inflation. They are similar to the gigantic spiders. Scientists call - Martian spiders.

I just thought this was an interesting article. Sorry if my translation is poor, I'm still learning Russian!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
that's pretty weird.

how come there is no other surface area?

i know it's in an infared but you should be able to see the surrounding area, it looks cropd out

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I'm not sure, I just took the photo from the website. I'll search for a better picture. If anyone finds one, post it here.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yeah,, get better pics and zoom in.. could be TREES!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

I think thats one of the pictures some call "trees" on mars.Been a lot of talk about it here on ATS over the years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of pics here:

images.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=JicqS4DgLcKK4Qa5pKmJCQ&sa= X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBsQsAQwAw

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Wow! I didn't know about all those pictures! Thanks so much!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yup, trees! Having worked in environmental science and spending 1000s of hours looking at aerial photography to identify various vegetational ecosystems, I can say without a doubt that this looks like a forest....a martian forest mind you, but a forest nonetheless.

EDIT: actually it looks more like a wooded Savannah...but trees, YES!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Scientists think they are frozen fissures and fractured dark ice.

Close-up pictures of the "trees" do not look like trees:

...and here is an explanation as to how these dark fissures form:
www.gmilburn.ca...

[edit on 12/17/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

What you have shown vs. the OP's image....NOTHING alike. yours looks like a colorized version of some of the other "mars trees" images...but not close to this one.

Given that, the link you referenced, well, those fissures sure do seem to be elevated above the ground, with shadows underneath...I'm not saying that it's an optical illusion, but...

Oh well, what good does it do to debate it anyway? We will never know...we ain't going there to verify it in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Wow! I didn't know about all those pictures! Thanks so much!

No problem at all.
Don't get too excited though-I think the consensus is that these photos are some kind of sediment/rock formations-the scale,If I remember correctly,puts the "trees"at many kilometres in length and height(judged by the resolution capabilities of the cameras used).
You never know though,consensus viewpoints have been proven wrong before....

Amazing stuff whatever it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My first post already explains they aren't really trees at all...!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Yes -- my mistake in not clarifying that. My response was directed more at the people saying they still think they are trees.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This thread has a link to some other cool Mars images-some parts do look like trees.
The "mars orbiter" took these pictures:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=527779

top topics

join